Best Concerts By Year On CD

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

VOC
Registered for: 21 years

Post by VOC »

familyjules wrote: 2) I see Closing Night cropping up here as the worst of 1973. Should I be thinking about moving it further down my "Elvis CDs to Buy" list, or even forgetting about it altogether?
Well, this is my favourite show from 1973, better than Aloha even. If you want straight and sometimes stiff performance then sure Aloha works, but i find myself enjoying Las Vegas gigs a lot more. Elvis is having a blast here, picking on the Hilton staff among other things and sings some rare and unusual renditions (Bridge, Trouble, Softly etc.). It's a SHOW in the truest sense of the word.

While i rate almost everything from 1972 and 1974 higher, Closing Night is still my most played performance from 1973. So get it ASAP!

- Whisky Woman, Don't You Know That You Are Driving Me Insane -

Rob

Post by Rob »

Don't go out and buy it! I won't be listening to mine anytime soon because I think the show sucks. It is very unprofessional and one of the worst. I'll just give my CD to anyone who might want it. All you have to do is ask and I'll send it to y.......

Never mind. If you want it, you need to buy it just to support the label.
I'll keep mine strictly for "completist" purposes.

I bought it when it first became available and have only listened to it twice. I was hoping that the 2nd time would be better than the first.

Unfortunately, it wasn't.