Pied Piper Of Cleveland/ Exhibit

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:The same reason people still believe in Big Foot, or that man never actually landed on the moon. Some extreme examples, but true. You know Hitler said "the bigger the lie, the more people will believe it." Strange but in actuallity there is truth to that statement. Many collectors of Elvis footage have challenged the Elvis on stage theory for years. Oh well.

Well said ! Just like that "Uncle Pen" business...! :lol:
But good thread. I'm pleasantly surprised there is even the little
you mention, EPCOLLECTOR!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

ROCKABILLY MAN
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by ROCKABILLY MAN »

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:She filmed segments of the show, mostly Bill Haley. She filmed roughly 1 minute, give or take a few seconds of EP. The camera crew there, actully told her she could not film, so she was sneaking shots when she could. The film is B/w, and clear. Sorta far from the stage, but interesting to see.

EPCOLLECTOR
Cool, I wish it gets out for all of us to see someday. Your a lucky man to see such rare footage.
Thanks for the info.

You can't have no ice cream cuz you're on da welfare and your fathers an alcoholic!

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

What about the story of a group of High School kids having a premier or rather the only "public" showing of the film and then Randle coming out on TV and referring to Elvis having been a part of the movie short ?

I appreciate that you're saying he was in the film, signing autographs for a second or two, but that's not what Randle was suggesting back on TV was he ?

I guess it is because Randle himself knew the film was never going to be shown therefore he could say what he wanted about his film and hype it to the max and no one would ever know any different.

Guess in going through the motions of asking the Q I've managed to figure out an answer anyway :lol:

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by Tits McGhee »

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:Colin,
Bill Randal did infact also have a copy, when he passed is daughter made several copies for friends in the area, which is where I live.
Really? And not ONE has sneaked out into the Elvis World? Hmmm (scratches chin). Anyone else smell a rat here?

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Tits McGhee wrote:
EPCOLLECTOR wrote:Colin,
Bill Randal did infact also have a copy, when he passed is daughter made several copies for friends in the area, which is where I live.
Really? And not ONE has sneaked out into the Elvis World? Hmmm (scratches chin). Anyone else smell a rat here?
There is a faint whiff of something in the air !

I mean, this Pied Piper film has been discussed at length on here in the past, and no one has ever mentioned this "Oh, it's around but there is no Elvis in it" bit before.

Why have those 'in the know' kept so quiet for so long ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

iamhekev
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by iamhekev »

I agree Colin...the has been good treads in the past about this movie/short,and nothing was every said about the main man "not" been in it.

The MYSTERY go"s on.

KEV.

SAM...17.3.1955 to 24.1.2008

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

There has been detailed description before about what Elvis does on stage as well and that appears to be made up.

To a point I do believe that because it described Elvis as smashing his guitar up, something he evidently did not do as later pics show his guitar to still be in one piece.

Has the hype been generated by Randle in order to push up the price on the rights to the film should he ever have needed to cash in on it? It would seem so as that is ultimately what he did do with it.

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

pied piper

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

.... Going thru my books this morning to list their titles for a topic, I found an
interview with Pat Boone from circa 1975 on his first meeting with Elvis backstage at the Highschool Auditorium in 55... He also talks about the performance Elvis did!!!....Its on page 28 from Echoes of the Past, next to a cartoon I made of the 2 meeting in 55. Anyone whos got a copy of Echoes, can you please scan this and put it up here!? It will otherwise take me half a day to type it out with one crooked finger...!

Hi Steve!

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Steve -

You wrote:
Has the hype been generated by Randle in order to push up the price on the rights to the film should he ever have needed to cash in on it?
Well, yes exactly !

As I've been saying, Randle has exaggerated things all along.

But I thought that was about the whereabouts of the negative proper, not the appearance [or otherwise] of Elvis in the film !

I mean, we've had pics of him performing on that day for years.

It has never been so much as suggested that Elvis wasn't filmed !

Colin B

Joe Car
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Joe Car »

Wasn't this the show or around the same time when Bill Haley said that EP was going to become the biggest star ever, or something to that effect.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Thanks EPC, can you tell us anymore about the amatuer footage on 8mm ? I mean in respect of it ever being made available commercially as far as any suggestion of selling by the owner goes.

The photos of this concert that appeared in 1956 were described as stills from the footage, some might have been but others obviously were not having heard what you've said about E performing on pro film.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

In your opinion is what you've seen worth 10k to you. I mean personally to have, not for comercial release necessarily.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Well I bow to your judgement as it hasn't done you much wrong over the years :lol:

I wonder if she says she'll get back to people because she realises that the asking price could be higher being as people have offered her what she asks for ?

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

EPCOLLECTOR -

You wrote:
I am always taken back by members on this board.
When ever a FACT is presented, they tear the info apart, and try their hardest to prove what they feel is just.
You obviously know a lot more about this footage than I do.

I respect that.

But you haven't answered my basic question:

Why have those 'in the know' not spoken up before now ?

The myth has rumbled on for years and years.

The respected writer, Lee Cotten, in his 'Elvis day-by-day' book, even states how many minutes of the footage are devoted to Elvis.

I've never heard of him being challenged on that.

It just seems so odd, that's all.

And if the way you are spelling Bill Randle is an indication of the accuracy of your research, you may have got other things wrong as well.

Colin B

Delboy

Post by Delboy »

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:those of us collectors in the position to obtian rare and unreleased footage, for the most part, don't care about the opinions of Elvis fans not within the circle.
That's nice to know. Cheers!

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

EPCOLLECTOR -

You wrote:
Well, Colin first of all I believe that you insult should according to the FECC rules be striken, and you should therfore be banned.

As for the spelling of Randle, is nothing more than a typo. If your rationale is clouded by that, then there is nothing more to address in regards to your "questions."
Just what was the insult which I should be banned for ?

The spelling wasn't a typo, you have spelt it that way in more than one post.

No, I don't belong to the 'elite' band of Elvis fans to which you refer.

Neither do I want to.

I am one of the 'true' fans who wants all the Elvis info and footage available to all who want it.

Colin B