New remix in the pipeline!

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Really? Fascinating. It sank like a stone here in Sweden!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Scarre
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Scarre »

Not a again...No more remixes.

rick
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by rick »

The remixes introduced Elvis to a new audience. Some of us `old farts' might not like them - personally I do - but the submission above of a new fan who found Elvis through ALLC is proof that the remixes worked in more ways than one.
Rubberneckin' made, i think, No. 3 in Australia.
rick

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Just a question:

The Aloha, 68 Special, and Elvis By The Presleys DVD's, the 'hits' CD's and the re-issue of the No.1 singles all fared very well in the charts, but would they have done so [to that extent] if the ALLC and Rubberneckin' remixes had not paved the way by making Elvis a hot commercial property again ?

Discuss.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

I really don't know, Colin. What I do know is that "Elvis By The Presleys" probably was an absolute turn-off for most modern people. It was shown in Sweden a couple of weeks ago. The part about EP's disgust for women's rights and so on certainly didn't earn him any new fans, at least not any young ones. Can't believe they included that. I'm glad I didn't make my friends watch that show. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

iamhekev
Registered for: 20 years

Post by iamhekev »

Discuss...

eh

ok

I hated ALLC with a passion,but with cds/dvds going to number one in the uk,breaking the most no1s (yes...singles dont sell like they did in the past),but HE did do it,and it comes from the huge sale (world wide) of the remix.

I would give the remix"s a gap (3/4 years?),and if sales go down again...then go for it.

In the end,his music legacy can"t and wont be put down to a "RE-MIX".

KEV.

SAM...17.3.1955 to 24.1.2008

Topic author
GERRY
BANNED FOR LIFE!
BANNED FOR LIFE!
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by GERRY »

No good Music/Artists around? wow what a carpet statement,if you opened those old 60 year old eyes and really looked,you would see that there is great new music out there.You seem to think everything is rap/rave and trance,not so,although i like some dance mixes/one or two rave tunes i have heard and i like some trance music too.

But that aside there are plenty of great singer/songwriters out there,and groups,heres some i listen to:-

Mark Joseph
Switchfoot
A-ha
Keane
Taking Back Sunday

TBH i dont like the remixes much-i laugh at the stupid breakbeats and stupid synth noises etc,(and i am someone who likes some of this trance/rave stuff,but the quality rave/trance stuff,not the cr@p)and the cheap ALLC/Rubberneckin vids are an insult,they just remind me of the business greed behind Elvis,all Take little give.

Oh and the people like Elvis voice,it's just the lousy weak backing,i.e hardly audible bass and drums.Uncompress the vocal,Just simply isolate Elvis vocal and enhance it,dont change it just bring it out even more,and re-record the backing exactly as it was just go digital,then you would have a much better recording,a much better ,much clearer, thus much more LIFELIKE Elvis voice backed up by BETTER RECORDED Punchier BACKING.

Much more lifelike.

Im talking quality here,must be done right.

And not like "Guitarman" album that Sucked so much i cannot listen to that album/

Elvis' Babe
Registered for: 20 years
Mood:

Post by Elvis' Babe »

ColinB wrote:Elvis Babe -

You wrote:
...i was hanging out at the [mostly lesbian] lisa marie messageboard
Are you trying to tell us something ?
hey, never said i was. :lol: i just said about...70% maybe 80% of her fans seem to be headed in that direction (possibly a little disturbing for her)... and let's face it--if women who like women say elvis is hot, you know he really is. that's the power of elvis for you.

oh, honestly, i go over there mainly to spread the world of elvis. guilty as charged. but i do pick up that they are very fond of '68 and ttwii.

"Thank you very much. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the big, freaky International Hotel. Those little weirdo dolls on the walls. And those little funky angels on the ceiling. Uh, this is my first live appearance in 9 years. H-uhh! Thank you. I've appeared dead a few times, but this is my first live appearance. Before the evening is up, I will have made a complete and total fool of myself, and I hope you get a kick out of watching it." --EP

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Gerry -

You wrote:
No good Music/Artists around? wow what a carpet statement,if you opened those old 60 year old eyes and really looked,you would see that there is great new music out there.
To whom are you addressing your remark ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Give me a remix of Change Of Habit and that´s fine.....

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Tits McGhee »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Also, isn't it strange that Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, The Stooges, The Doors, Velvet Underground, etc, can attract new, young fans every day - with their original recordings - while Elvis apparantly needs a Dutch DJ no-one had heard about to get some attention? :shock:

Keith Richards, Jr.
Well said, young Keith. Totally agree with you. Although those acts you mention aren't really my cup of tea, at least they obviously have management with integrity who aren't willing to sell out their credibility for the smell of a quick buck. In years to come people will look back on these Elvis remixes and think: "What the f*uck were they thinking about?" Because just like the 'Guitar Man' overdubs from 1980 sound dated now, so will 'Too Much Consolation' and 'Rubberleggin' in a few years. On the other hand, 'Don't Be Cruel', 'All Shook Up', 'One Night', 'Suspicious Minds' etc, etc. etc will NEVER sound dated.

Topic author
GERRY
BANNED FOR LIFE!
BANNED FOR LIFE!

Post by GERRY »

You lot miss the point totally:-

Imagine for a moment IF you could go back in time and actually be present in the recording studio with Elvis,the tapes would be rolling,Elvia and the musicians would be doing their stuff recording takes onto tape,now in reality listening live,hearing the music playing live as Elvis did would sound NOTHING like the vinyl release,the gutwrenching bass would kick you in the gutt,it would literally shake your body,Elvis voice would resonate with much more dynamics,it would seer in openess that a 1960's sound engineer simply could not catch on his 1950's 1960's recording technology.

Now imagine being in the audience live in say 1969/1970 i put it to you that this would also sound 1000% percent more sonically dynamic than listening to a tape from 1969/1970.The bass guitar in performances like "All shook up" would do just that-being so gutwrenchingly deep it would shake your body,now Tutt's kit would sound like thunder cracks and be right in your face,on the tapes Tutt is lost in the mix,also the way they recorded the band was a joke,one mic for Tutt and half the freakin Orchestra,my point is clearly made.

So i say lets transport this generation back to that International hotel crowd by re-recording an Elvis concert by isolating,digitizing,remastering, enhancing the vocal-re-record the backing,put all this to a 5.1 mix.

Lets show everyone what the genuine Elvis live Experience really sounded like.

ONE EXAMPLE:-I for one cringed at TTWII SE,Patch it up,where the h3ll is the bass Guitar on this track???? yeah you get my point,i have a Sub woofer and even that cant detect the low frequency on this track,shame on Schmidlin for not adding a bass guitar back to the mix.

Dont get me wrong Elvis performances cannot be beaten but they will not get a lookin if they are sonically flat.

Marco Aurelio
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by Marco Aurelio »

Lakeisha wrote:How about a new remix of one of these:

Power Of My Love
Let Yourself Go
Change Of Habit
Stranger In My Own Home Town
If You Don't Come Back
Baby What You Want Me To Do
See See Rider
I'm Movin On
Wearin That Loved On Look
My bets are for: "Power Of MY Love", "Wearing That Loved On Look", "Let Yourself Go" and "Change Of Habit"....

I DON´T like the remixes done for ALLC and Rubberneckin´ but we have to admit that this brought new Elvis fans.... If one person starts enjoying Elvis´ songs due to the remix and then starts listening to only the original, that´s valid!!

How many stars are in the sky ???? I´LL NEVER KNOW!

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Tits McGhee »

Er...sub woofers and the like... That might be your bag but not mine. The records sound fine to me as they are, thank you very much. What you're talking about is a different thing altogether. I'm all for getting the best possible sound out of a master by modern mastering techniques - as long as it's done by sympathetic engineers. But the discussion here is about (deleted - see guideline #2) remixes for the kiddie market. And they suck.

Topic author
GERRY
BANNED FOR LIFE!
BANNED FOR LIFE!

Post by GERRY »

Well Sub Woofers Rock, TTWII SE "All Shook Up" Scheff's bass shakes my livingroom,Hits you in the gut just like it would have done if i had been sat in that International Hotel front row audience.

But this is sadly the minority,for some freak of nature the bass guitar was recorded/picked up exceptionally well on this one single performance(part of "Just pretend" is like this too but other performances that in reality were showcases for Scheff's gutwrenching basslines,well they are almost flat-they are missing because the sound engineer didnt or couldnt record them or pick them up in all their full glory as they were on that show.

OH BTW there are complete crap Subs out there(iv'e listened to some rubbish subs),however my subwoofer fckn rocks,i just would not listen to music without it,it adds a whole new kick to the basslines and Elvis dug this as he did the kick from Tutt's drumkit,just check out the way Elvis reacts to Tutt's pounding of his kit.