All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:16 am

All I have to say is.
Genesim what the hell did you do with your pic.....LOL

Man you look different without your make up. :shock: :D

8)

Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:22 am

This is all just a big yawn and a waste of space-this thread. just opinion fighting another person's opinion. personal tastes vs another. I cant wait for this box, because guess why? its stuff I dont have and its Elvis.. wowowow what a shock eh? who cares who its being released to and in what box or color. as long as it all comes out which it will, if some of you will be patient, I dont give a diddly poo who its marketed for, or what what it comes in as long as I can buy it!

geeeeeesh!

Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:27 am

hmmmm...seems to be short-minded to me cause in the end's all about money, honey. And if the stuff don't sell we won't see much more in the future, don't you think? :wink:

Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:34 am

What is ironic about this subject is the fact that the MOST important material being issued next month on BMG Heritage's Close Up box set is on CD 1.

God bless!

Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:54 am

Good one Doc, I was wondering when you were going to show up!! I can always count on your response to break up the redundancy(I would comment more, but I can't get my long tongue out of my cheek).

Minkahed, I guess you couldn't rise to the challenge, though you have been a little nicer and compared me to a Chocolate Eclair?? At least it is a start.

Sam, never fear the demon is far from gone, he is in hiding till the next reunion.

I will get the Close Up box set, and along with the Nash book I am looking forward to the hours of enjoyment(or frustration for the latter example) that both will bring. Like Sam said it can't be changed "lets move on".

Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:58 am

ha ha, see, if you had understood my point, i didn't compare you to anything! can u read? so much for that degree...

I pose a challenge to you minkahed

challenge? i reject a challenge, cuz you r NO challenge, but i'd be more than happy to beat up on you somemore :P :P :P

to all the kool people who responded with intelligent and reasonable replies, i thank you for participating. to Kylan...your not so popular these days so i'll be...well...i better not! :( :( :( keep rockin' EP!

Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:17 am

Geee I am crushed. not to be popular with this peanut gallery. what a status symbol, to be popular on here. lol

Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:51 am

kylan, u poor soul. why do u keep coming back fo' mo' if u think so highly of "The Peanut Gallery"? and my phrase "your not so popular these days..." has nuthin' to do w/ any symbolic stature! think about it...perhaps you'll have better luck on the Robert Goulet peanut gallery! LOL :D

Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:16 am

Now Mink, do you seriously think I like Robert Goulet? that whole thread was the benefit for my buddy Tom. anyway, its old news.. pm me if u wanna know more. lol

Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:37 am

"your character is all the SPINE of a CHOCOLATE ECLAIR"

Though I admit, with the way you have been attacking everybody on this thread, it is possible you were referring to someone else's character(description of subject).

Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:59 am

Hello, evrybody.
I wanna thank you all for being so active in this topic.
As we all see, the opinions between Elvis fans differ a lot and
evrybody tries to lay down his point of view as good as he can.
Some guys even "fight" for their opinion (incl.me). and I think
that ain`t bad. If everybody had the same opinion it would be boring.
One of the purposes of this board is to exchange opinions and learn
what others think.
If someone on this board fells insulted by me I wanna say clear that
this wasn`t my intention. Especially minkahed, if you feel brought down by
me: please excuse me. Of course I do respect your point of view.
Sincerely !!!!

take care
Ciscoking

Ciscoking

Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:46 pm

Excellent post Ciscoking
I believe you spoke for a lot of us with that statement.

Tony

Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:30 pm

cisco, don't flatter yourself that much. you couldn't ever bring me down if you tried with all your might! you've only repeated what i said a hunderd times and you can't seem to understand that my opinions are "based" on FACT! if you would READ correctly, you would go back and see that i said the opinions expressed by my posts are NOT MINE, but you go off and babble that Ernst is my best friend?! yeh, we sit and have a danish every Mon. morning! LOL :D and please, if you think i'm really "fighting" here, you must be mentally unbalanced cuz if u had any sense at all, for me, it's all tongue in cheek. it's really not to be meant to be taken seriously.

Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:45 am

You need it, man. Yeah, you really need it, my friend.

Ciscoking

Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:43 am

ok, psychoking, u came back for more, i presume...why are you so content on crucifying yourself? clueless and ignorant were my choice words to describe you earlier, but now you just care to act like a pencil weenie in elephant clothes!

Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:34 am

Hi my friend minkahed.

If your knowledge about Elvis was as great as your ability of insulting
true fans, then you`d be the best Elvis expert in the world.
And people would believe that your facts had a real base. So they are
just taken out of the blue sky. But anyway,

Take Care
Ciscoking

Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:16 am

Now he's babbling I insult "true fans"? who have I insulted? genesim got it! who else is questioning my opinions based on fact here? oh, that's right, just YOU! how many times have I repeated that this stuff is really not to be taken seriously? guess you can't tell the difference, can u? i rest my case...till then turn right next thursday, that's where i'm gone, your drowning and i'm waving, singing my favorite Elvis song!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

one more thing: I don't know what your shady diposition is, but based on your on-going (it's gettin' old) cluelessness and ignorance, some words of encouragement for ya...the meek shall inherit sh*t!!! good luck in therapy! :shock: :shock: :shock:

MOANING

Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:49 am

In case you didn't know, the rest of the "Separate ways" session was erased. No more takes exist. Also, BMG cannot possibly issue an out-take of EVERY song that Elvis ever recorded if the performance is poor or if they don't have them!
Also, take another listen to that 1974 rehearsal of "Your love's beeen a long time coming". NO WAY is it better than the studio version. There are parts where the backing vocalists are off -key and where Elvis sounds tired. He wasn't trying too hard; it was only a rehearsal.
TONY DOBB

Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:33 pm

Tony you have your opinion. I have listened to Baby Your Love, many times. Technically you may have a point. But I am referring to the ending(I like it better than the fade out) and the heart that was put into the song. It is certainly worthy of release to the general public. Elvis does NOT sound tired to me. Though I am sure he was a little "under the influence" the vocals I felt were very good. For it being a rehearsal I felt it was a fine performance and RAW, which is how I like my music. The studio recording is fine, but the rehearsal is good as well. This is one of the many gems from this set of songs.

As far as the EVERY take issue, I think you along with other people miss the point. OTHER TAKES DO EXIST and Separate Ways was just one example......repeating repeatin.

Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:37 pm

Hi, genesim

again thanks a lot for supporting me a little bit.

you`re o.k.
Ciscoking

Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:51 pm

I appreciate the compliment, but it is more than that. We agree and I feel passionate about the subject. The 70's most always get the shaft, and that doesn't make sense.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:31 am

hey gene, I got that rehearsal on cd and i'm listening to it as I write! well, I'm afraid your STILL MISSING THE POINT! how can you sincerely say that this rehearsal is good enuff for a general release, when the great "Memphis Sessions" only made it to FTD? YOU may like a "raw" sound, but how much of the "joe public" would like it or appreciate it, let alone buy it, is the real issue at hand! i'll say it 100 times if I have too, WE, the ELVIS fans, love this stuff and appreciate it, but I don't think a general Elvis fan would ever care for a cd with this material. if the rehearsal is good enuff for an RCA release, hell, then I want the opening show that followed it...now that's a GREAT show! and i still wanna know how in the hell do the 70's get shafted when RCA has put out over 300!!! or so performances from the 70's??? i know, your response is, "yeh, but compared....bla bla" well, Elvis' output in the 70's wasn't as near as much as the output from '60-'69. Elvis had 2 seperate careers in the 60's...the recording star and the movie star, u dig? and how much of that 60's stuff is actually drab compared to his classic 60's sides? seriously, be sensible before your passion sets in and let me know. i think, so far, RCA has been compliant and gracious with their 70's material.