All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:55 pm

That's the point with users of pills like Elvis..within a few days they can feel better and look better than some days before were they look bloated and feel bad...it's just a matter of how all those pills react in a human body...

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:00 pm

"On February 13th, 1977 in West Palm Beach, Fla. we went around the pool to relax and benefit from the Sunshine State weather, however while talking about different things with my friend ,Ronnie Tutt and Jerry Scheff who were right beside us began to play an audio-tape, and surprise surprise we were hearing the February 12th, 1977 Hollywood show my friends and I attended the night before with perfect sound quality, although after the beginning of " I Got A Woman " Ronnie stopped playing it as many fans started to gather around them."

(Canuck on Tour)

Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Robert wrote:"On February 13th, 1977 in West Palm Beach, Fla. we went around the pool to relax and benefit from the Sunshine State weather, however while talking about different things with my friend ,Ronnie Tutt and Jerry Scheff who were right beside us began to play an audio-tape, and surprise surprise we were hearing the February 12th, 1977 Hollywood show my friends and I attended the night before with perfect sound quality, although after the beginning of " I Got A Woman " Ronnie stopped playing it as many fans started to gather around them."

(Canuck on Tour)
Thanks...I read that as well! Where is that tape?!

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:That's the point with users of pills like Elvis..within a few days they can feel better and look better than some days before were they look bloated and feel bad...it's just a matter of how all those pills react in a human body...
Exactly! Water pills!! will make you look better despite being ill.

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:09 pm

YDKM wrote:good thread and on the whole it was a good show..Elvis deserves 10/10 for HIS EFFORT but pity he fails on some songs like unchaned melody -still it was a good start and not really equalled on this tour until 3-4 days later.
Thanks! will post UM later...not so bad I think..

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:30 am

Bump.

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:45 am

<not meaning to stray off topic but >

i always thought he looked 'AMAZING'
FOR THE TIME at the funeral of gingers grandma (i believe) which i believe was Feb wasnt it ????

i was shocked at how slim his face looked & in general how 'good' he looks when i first saw those pics - miles aways from rapid city!
staggering !

i think the jumpsuits have a lot to answer for !

at this point he should have gone back to the black & navy blue 'simple' suits circa 69 (not the exact same suits of course but similar style)

hindsite hey !

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:43 pm

The Alden pics were 1-3-77.

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:09 pm

I remember when reading Day by Day how the pattern of something great rapidly followed by tragedy followed Elvis through life. The biggest one we know is finally getting a home (after a childhood of uncertainty) where he could feel at ease with his folks and then being called up and loosing his mother.

Another one which really caused me to sigh was reading 31 December 1976, after that GREAT show coming off stage and learning his 38 year old cousin (Bobbi Mann) had died from an overdose of pills. It then says "The whole party returns to Memphis at 6.30 am." I just thought that was aweful, if he walked off the stage with the same smile he'd worn during that show, full of energy, on top of the world, looking forward to a new year and then tragedy. Did he reach a "what's the point?" stage?

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:24 pm

Mike Eder wrote:The Alden pics were 1-3-77.



Image

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:57 pm

Thanks.

Re:

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:26 pm

Ton Bruins wrote:That's the point with users of pills like Elvis..within a few days they can feel better and look better than some days before were they look bloated and feel bad...it's just a matter of how all those pills react in a human body...


Not to mention the six weeks of "down time" that probably found Elvis bored a lot, and his intake of meds probably increased...on a tour, Elvis could work off a lot of the water weight, as evidenced by his transformation by the end of the February tour.

Axe

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:06 am

The short tour of Dec 76 showed a renewal, then the missed Nashville studio dates in Jan 77 plus the obvious 6 week decline from Jan 1 to Feb 12. Was his problems with Ginger to blame?

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:03 am

Vinnie Terranova wrote:The short tour of Dec 76 showed a renewal, then the missed Nashville studio dates in Jan 77 plus the obvious 6 week decline from Jan 1 to Feb 12. Was his problems with Ginger to blame?



I frankly think that Ginger just added to Elvis's downfall.....

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:54 am

Vinnie Terranova wrote:The short tour of Dec 76 showed a renewal, then the missed Nashville studio dates in Jan 77 plus the obvious 6 week decline from Jan 1 to Feb 12. Was his problems with Ginger to blame?


Certainly not, I mean, what was she supposed to do? She was much too young and much too inexperienced to deal with a situation like that. The sad thing is that that's what Elvis wanted, someone young and inexperienced who wouldn't question what he did to himself. Elvis, and no one else, was to blame for his problems.

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:12 pm

You are right. Elvis is to blame - and no one else!! He was in pretty good shape by the end of 1976. If he had continued this way maybe he could have found the way out of his vicious circle. But unfortunately he fell back in his old behaviour (I guess he had a solid depression and should have been under a doctor's care) and started to eat large quantities of food again. And there were the troubled again: He didn't record and he didn't rehearse. To me it seems that this was the time where he passed the point of no return.

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:42 pm

dl wrote:I guess he had a solid depression and should have been under a doctor's care).

he was under doctors care, the marvelous Doctor George Nichopoulos. what a great job he did eh. :roll: :roll:

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:17 pm

Like I said before he performed better at this show than all of the rest of that first tour.
the better he looked the weaker he got. Here is a sample from that 2-12-77 show I attended. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... D4753AB834

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:31 am

In the past, I (like a lot of others) thought the Colonel was working Elvis to death in the final years. Now I am wondering if that's the case. Elvis got a break every once in a while, and seemed to just gain weight and become more depressed with time off. Then he goes back on tour, and gradually loses weight again. It may just be that Elvis needed to be in front of his fans, he needed to feel the love from them. He didn't care about recording anymore, his personal life was in the dumper, all he had to live for was performing. Perhaps? Although I will say, if Ginger Alden was problem, that's the kind of problem I'd like to have more of!

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Juan Luis wrote:Like I said before he performed better at this show than all of the rest of that first tour.
the better he looked the weaker he got. Here is a sample from that 2-12-77 show I attended. http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... D4753AB834


I think part of the reason, losing the weight quickly, would have zapped him of quite a bit of energy..An awesome performance of Hurt btw, thanks Juan!

Re: Elvis Live February 12,1977

Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:41 pm

You are always welcome Joe! Ps. Agree about energy Joe. Althought it's funny just the following Sunday show at Palm Beach he sounded a shadow of the night before! PSS. Maybe difference from 15,000 to 5000 screaming fans! :?