All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

ALBUM COVERS INSPIRED BY ELVIS ALBUM COVERS

Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:49 pm

What a ridiculous album title.

Any more album covers inspired by Elvis album covers...

Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:58 pm

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:23 pm

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:28 pm

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:13 pm

Morrissey had his own version of the ´68 ELVIS sign on his latest tour, and there´s certainly an Elvis influence in this DVD cover:

Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:54 pm

Not an album cover, but another dvd cover. Morrissey is fantastic, however this guy below is a tit!

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:23 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:Not an album cover, but another dvd cover. Morrissey is fantastic, however this guy below is a tit!

He's alright if you ask me - at least he has personality, which is more than can be said for most of the new crop of pop stars out there.

Jules

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:48 pm

My opinion on Robbie is sadly based on personal experience... I am admittedly embittered. I was a fan when he first went solo and was fortunate enough to get a backstage pass to an aftershow party.

I even gave Elvis tapes to his drummer - who is a big R Tutt fan. Robbie was no where to be seen at the party. I went for a leak and I passed a room. Robbie was in there. I just said "Hey Robbie!" and he looked at me like I was a piece of crap, said "Not now" and slammed the door in my face. This is not a guy with "personality" - Elvis would never have done that to a fan (providing Hebler and David Stanley hadn't bust their face first :lol: ). This is a self-obsessed plonker...

I need to get over it, I know, I know :cry:

covers inspired

Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:32 pm

Great topic lads! Theres one by a certain mr Boone , titled "Pat Sings Guess Who? " with a 50 Million Fans cover design. Pat looks so cool in Gold Lame...HAha haha hee hee! BURP!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:08 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:I went for a leak and I passed a room. Robbie was in there. I just said "Hey Robbie!" and he looked at me like I was a piece of crap, said "Not now" and slammed the door in my face. This is not a guy with "personality" - Elvis would never have done that to a fan (providing Hebler and David Stanley hadn't bust their face first :lol: ). This is a self-obsessed plonker...

Hmmmm....not good behaviour. I blame the drugs....

Was the drummer Chris Sharrock? He's a fantastic drummer. I was/am a fan of the band he used to be in - The Icicle Works.

Jules

Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:31 pm

It was indeed Chris Sharrock... He was great in The La's too!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:40 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:It was indeed Chris Sharrock... He was great in The La's too!!!

Yes he was - though in The La's he didn't get as much chance to do his energetic-hit-everything-500-times-before-the-chorus, Keith Moon meets Ronnie Tutt style of drumming because the songs were so stripped down. Chris is a phenomenal drummer. And he still looks like he's in his 20s, damn him! Heh.

Jules

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:18 pm

Prefab Sprout had an album here in the UK called From Langley Park to Memphis - a tribute to the Elvis albums from Elvis in Memphis and From Vegas to Memphis.

The cover design, though, wasn't Elvis related.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:37 pm

The Smithereens had an album 'A DATE WITH THE SMITHEREENS' inspired By A DATE WITH ELVIS.

Album covers

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:18 pm

And howzebout "A Date With Elvis in Hell" by that fantastic Rock- a - Billy bunch The Cramps, from Can Your Pussy Do The Dog fame ?! Are these loveable lunies still around ? Anyone?...

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:19 pm

ImageImage

Re: ALBUM COVERS INSPIRED BY ELVIS ALBUM COVERS

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:26 pm

"Jove" wrote: [

What a ridiculous album title.

I saw a recent review of this in a prominent publication that failed
to comment on the obvious borrowing of the famed Elvis concept
from Volume 2 of GOLDEN RECORDS.

What made me shudder is that
some such "tributes" go right over the head of
younger reviewers. (I"d fire the guy.)
The "50,000,000" comment is at least
ironic when one knows the original
LP, otherwise, it's just laughable or kind of dumb.

Album covers

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:28 pm

Primo job Gregory!!

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:38 pm

At your service, Sir! :lol:

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:40 pm

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:15 pm

http://www.texas.uk.com/site.php

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:20 pm

Again, not an album/cd cover, but some guys might dig it! :lol:

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:27 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:My opinion on Robbie is sadly based on personal experience... I am admittedly embittered. I was a fan when he first went solo and was fortunate enough to get a backstage pass to an aftershow party.

I even gave Elvis tapes to his drummer - who is a big R Tutt fan. Robbie was no where to be seen at the party. I went for a leak and I passed a room. Robbie was in there. I just said "Hey Robbie!" and he looked at me like I was a piece of crap, said "Not now" and slammed the door in my face. This is not a guy with "personality" - Elvis would never have done that to a fan (providing Hebler and David Stanley hadn't bust their face first :lol: ). This is a self-obsessed plonker...

If it was when he first went solo, he was, by all accounts (including his own), out of it most of the time and acting like a complete ass. That's why he gave up the drink and drugs. He certainly does have personality and stage presence. I was about to fall asleep with boredom watching the G8 concert before he came on and breathed life into the occasion. As for Morrisey, well I'd need an alarm clock to remain conscious through one of his performances.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:39 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:Again, not an album/cd cover, but some guys might dig it! :lol:

You know until I saw this picture, I used to think most of Elvis's bejeweled jumpsuits looked ridiculous.....

:lol:

Jules

Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:41 pm