Please Donate to Help Keep FECC, etc. Alive

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Post by Guest »

Steve_M wrote:I dunno why either JR, don't you think our time would be better spent visiting the billions and billions of web pages, most of which are nothing to do with Elvis at all, and those that are we could spend all day reading in silence without any great audio to listen to and no hours and hours of footage.
Very true, Steve.
Many people do not realize the magnitude of resources that FECC, your site, and my site take.
And I feel horrible that certain people, well one certain person/website has taken such offense of this thread, and the Founders program out of petty jealousy without fully understanding the reason that the Founders program, as well as this thread exists.

Again, I urge all of whom that can to please become a Jordan's Elvis World Founder:
http://jordans-elvis-world.com/founder.html

The situation is still critical.
Again, thanks everyone for your kind words, and the founders pledges. :)

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

I've missed a post here, or a post has been deleted!

Come on, who is the Retarded Guy?

I get the gist of what has gone on, and would like to say again as I did last night (post deleted?) that if I had to change servers, there would be no more Audio and Video from me. I just couldn't afford to put the rare audio and video material that is on my site for everyone to enjoy for free, on another server, it just wouldn't be viable for me!

I think everyone forgets that SOMEONE has to pay fees, to get all this stuff online for everyone to see and hear for FREE!

I know we all keep saying if it wasn't for Ernst and Roger the Elvis world wouldn't be such a good place to be today, but please don't forget Jordan in all of this, and everything he does behind the scenes!

Post by Guest »

Something I just ran across concerning Jordan's Elvis World:

http://journals.aol.co.uk/bkerouac/SUFFOLKPUNCH

Post by Guest »

carolynlm wrote:I don't like that reference to Elvis being a 'dirty-minded, dirty-mouthed redneck' until his dying day...... :twisted:
Yeah. That threw me off-guard as well!

Topic author
Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Folks, first off, congrats on the continued, healthy response.
It's really nice to know that people come through in a pinch. :D

As for the article (or "blog"), don't be thrown by the comment
(it's at the very end.) The author makes an excellent case
on how the real-life, throbbing Elvis (not sanitized) version
existed and is basically hidden away too often........
except on a site like Jordan's Elvis World.

The author gets an genuine kick from hearing Elvis do the
"X-rated" version of "Hurt" - and like Genesim and I
recently pointed out, finds something oddly cool about Elvis' infamous "Desert Storm" drug rant.

The author's "controversial" comment must be viewed
in this context. The author, clearly no more than a casual fan,
is saying that Elvis was truly exciting and sites like
Jordan are a revelation to him. He says Elvis' more main-line,
middle-aged fans would basically blow a gasket if they knew
just how much a wild man of the south could spew with the best of 'em.
It's the intensity of the real Elvis he clearly likes.

And much like a black dude saying "that's my n****r!" affectionately, the author here is saying Elvis is even cooler when he finds his inner redneck and popped off.

It's probably an ill-advised comment since apparently it's clouding the
author's intended point: Elvis is cool and Jordan's site makes that much more evident.

As the author writes, in comparison to the "soft-focus" approved version
of Elvis most know:

"Jordan's (Elvis) is a brilliant, throbbing, mercurial, inspired/ deranged, sentimental/ cynical, pain-in-the-ass genius."Who touches this book touches a man," as another great American, Walt Whitman, once said."

Right on!

Keep this rolling, folks and thanks for "taking care of business!" :D

-Greg

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

Rob

Post by Rob »

Jordan -
Sorry I didn't do this sooner. I'm not around much during the weekends.

I just sent my donation via Paypal.
The link I clicked on provided me with a $5.00 transaction. I clicked off of that and sent my own amount. You should have it now.

Keep up the great work!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

There you go, guys - a cool $10.00 from me!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Post by Guest »

Keith and Rob, and everyone else that hasn't been acknowledged on the board, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness. I will have you guys on the founders page as soon as possible - it's almost 3am here, so it might be later on in the morning before I can do that.
THANK YOU once again to everyone. Words on a forum are not enough to describe the appreciation I feel towards everyone. It has left me speechless.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Steve_M wrote:
Some Retarded Guy wrote: 2- There are billions and billions of web pages online and they don't charge anything to look at them. Not even donations.
Are you guys a business?
I gotta ask if you are mental ?

It is not compulsory to pay, that's why it's called a donation.

If the rest of what you say is true (bah-ha-ha) then please show me any server you like that will offer me an unlimited amount of databases, php and MySql along with unlimited data transfer so that fans can listen to loads of audio and watch loads of video and also to do it fast.

Sure, the free sites offer .....erm....text and pictures (whoopee frickin dee) and most with annoying pop ups.

There may be billions of sites..agreed.
But all the mentioned sites here belong to the best in the world with giving you the best and most deeply researched infos availible..no matter what..and it`s an awfull lot of work till the fans are pleased..I tell you..I know what I am talking about...and I do think you`d rather visit a serious site with profound infos than a site which doesn`t offer more than the colour of Elvis`s eyes or a poll about Elvis best beach movie...

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

For those that got to see my signatures links that's great, but I have decided to remove them now.

Unfortunately within 24 hours one has cropped up on other server and it appears to have been filmed by a camera pointing at the monitor as it played.
Being as many will associate the way it was made with me I do not want the crappy quality associated with me and neither do I want to spend about 10 hours on a clip improving it way beyond what many would determine reasonable for some numpty to then depreciate the quality and rip it.

Yes, I know the fans lose out, but go take it out with the losers who want to carve my work up. What's worse is they claimed the design was theirs so I've said to anyone to tell them to do it again with another clip - yeah, don't hold your breath. So far no further clip is forthcoming.

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

Steve, this is what I've said all along, this was also done with songs from my web site, and I supose it's being done from other web sites too. Thanks for doing this TEST for me, now I know that this footage HAS to be kept PRIVATE. I've tried to get the stuff to the fans for FREE but it isn't working! Someone ALWAYS has to make a fast buck!

That's it for me! Sorry, but my time can be spent more creatively elsewhere. I'll continue with my lists, but no more unreleased stuff online :cry:

Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Keith F wrote:Steve, this is what I've said all along, this was also done with songs from my web site, and I supose it's being done from other web sites too. Thanks for doing this TEST for me, now I know that this footage HAS to be kept PRIVATE. I've tried to get the stuff to the fans for FREE but it isn't working! Someone ALWAYS has to make a fast buck!

That's it for me! Sorry, but my time can be spent more creatively elsewhere. I'll continue with my lists, but no more unreleased stuff online :cry:
That is such a pity Keith.. but understandable....Steve is it the same person who ripped off Keith earlier this year with "I Cant Live Without You"? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sam

Post by sam »

carolynlm wrote:Why does it always have to be one person making life difficult for everyone else.....Thanks to Steve for the chance to have a glimpse and also to Keith......just a pity there are so many greedy mongrels out there.....

:cry: and I put off having a look and now I can't!!! :cry:

8)

Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by Rusty Martin* »

sam wrote:
carolynlm wrote:Why does it always have to be one person making life difficult for everyone else.....Thanks to Steve for the chance to have a glimpse and also to Keith......just a pity there are so many greedy mongrels out there.....

:cry: and I put off having a look and now I can't!!! :cry:

8)
Sam.. a word to the wise.. Never put off viewing any clips from Keith or Steve.. you wont regret it....these guys are awesome :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by Guest »

These people piss me off to no end. When I find out the person(s) who have done this, there will be hell to pay. It goes to show you that some people calling themselves Elvis fans are nothing but rip-offs and true idiots.
You see, it's a shame for the person that did this. Normally I am too busy with work to spend time to do anything about it.. But now here I am, nothing to do. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Post by Guest »

Again, I'm still waiting to hear about the details and identities of these sick individuals who ruined a good thing (re: Steves special sigs).

But, I must state the founders program continues, and the situation is STILL critical. Soon there will be a "raffle" to be amongst founders (past and future) for a unique Elvis item if all goes to plan.
More details on that as soon as I get them.

http://jordans-elvis-world.com/founders.html

Topic author
Gregory Nolan Jr.

Yes, that is awful but I also gather Steve isn't entirely surprised.
Both he and Keith must be ready to pull the plug quite often.
Thanks to him - and to Keith- for doing all they do for the fans-
through Jordan's server. (So pony up, folks. :D ) You'll feel great
knowing you are part of keeping such Elvis material out in front
of fans!

In a real way, Jordan, Steve, Keith, Rockin' Rebel
and a few others are the "second generation
Ernst Jorgensen's", that is, picking up where he has
paved the way, albeit without the coporate resources
(and no obvious restraints - see the BMG Joe DiMuro thread)
and under the clouds as described above.
And we all love the outcomes,
so let's support it.

That said, part of me thinks the real solution (again) would
be for Turner/ MGM/ Sony/ RCA, etc to finally open the vaults,
and get out as much product as they can.

It will make the spectre of someone filming a computer monitor
of such things a moot point. :shock:

Until then, in the real world, Elvis fans should have a long memory. :wink:

ImageImage
On the Edge of Reality

Melanie
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by Melanie »

Jordans-Elvis-World wrote:Again, I'm still waiting to hear about the details and identities of these sick individuals who ruined a good thing (re: Steves special sigs).
Every psycho in the world seems to gravitate to this forum. I know, I know, it's a little harsh and poorly written, but f**k them. I'd love to send these pirates a horse's head in the mail. They can cover the shipping costs.

Topic author
Gregory Nolan Jr.

Taking a big step away from this, it's also evidence of real
hunger for Elvis product.

EPE, RCA/BMG/Sony, et. al. are taking their sweet time.

Fans turn on each other in such times.

Official products would make all this moot.

Still: celebrate guys like Steve M. and Keith.

Why piss them off and make them recoil from fellow fans?

Look at the good stuff they've done! :D

ImageImage
On the Edge of Reality

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

If I can try and make it more awkward for individuals to ruin it I will.

I'm currently looking at writing a piece of coding that could do it. :wink:

Post by Guest »

It has been figured out.
It all went down on another forum. And here's a transcript, since it was a members forum. Draw your own conclusions:
------------------
Susan
webmaster@msg1972.com
MSG72

http://www.tausend-und-eine-moeglichkeit.de/music/BL.zip

download and rename the file from BL.zip to BL.wmv
-------------------
Steve_M

This has been seen by most visitors to FECC forum.

This clip was hand made by me and does not come on any DVD or bootleg stuff going around.

I personally synched the two clips together and dubbed the second half of sound onto it from the FTD CD.

I can't believe some bastard or bitch had the nerve to do lift that, but then again maybe I can.

Oh well, stuff giving them the chance to do it again, I'll just keep it all to myself from now on. That quality is also crap, looks like the took the 100kbps version I did.

For those that hadn't seen the better quality then the above clip Susan has so kindly posted is now the best quality as it is the only quality.

Please do not go looking on FECC as I've removed it now.

Please contact the owner of this crappy version and enquire from them when they will have more footage of this as it won't be coming from me.
--------------------
Susan
webmaster@msg1972.com
MSG72

it`s yours??
I got it from somebody located in the netherlands.
He said he has taken the clip from the DVD he got from ebay.
You also made the mystery train clip don`t you?
-------------------
Steve_M

Yes I did.

If this person in the Netherlands did it go ask them to do it again with another clip - I'll bet they don't know the first thing about how to do it.

I hope you get in touch with them and tell them you know they are pretty low down in the scale of life to needlessly lie like that.

At the end of the day all the fans lose out because of one who claims to be a fan but are a liar first and foremost.
-------------------
Susan
webmaster@msg1972.com
MSG72

Good Point
-------------------

So, if that doesn't spell out who the culprit is...........

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Well it's "someone" in Holland, but Susan has yet to name and shame them, though I'm sure she will do so as I'm sure she doesn't want them to get away with it.

Melanie
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by Melanie »

Steve_M wrote:I'm currently looking at writing a piece of coding that could do it. :wink:
You could personalize your work by assigning key commands to variables. If they really don't know batch, then all they can do is copy the batch as is, including whatever signature you included.
And while making the copying illegal by copyrighting does not always stop it, there would be legal remedies available.

Topic author
Gregory Nolan Jr.

This program interrupted for a reminder:

Donate to the Jordan's Elvis World cause :!:

Again, the link is

http://jordans-elvis-world.com/founders.html

:D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :) :) :D :D

ImageImage
On the Edge of Reality

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Melanie wrote:
Steve_M wrote:I'm currently looking at writing a piece of coding that could do it. :wink:
You could personalize your work by assigning key commands to variables. If they really don't know batch, then all they can do is copy the batch as is, including whatever signature you included.
And while making the copying illegal by copyrighting does not always stop it, there would be legal remedies available.
It's not mine to copyright as far as the footage goes.

It was what I created with that footage that was mine. Not that I'm too bothered someone esle wanted to host it, but what got me was they said they had created it and where people would have recognised my work the quality was appalling and I didn't want to be associated with that kind of quality.

I'm gonna try and use php Mel and keep most of it server side and not client side.