It is costing some serious money to keep this site
and the others up and running on the server. And
let me put it kindly: this would be a good time
to help out if you can. We can't expect just a few
to do the heavy lifting of keeping Elvis "alive" in
the internet age. And this is a rare time that such
a post is even on here.

So I come to recommend that we all try to find even a
modest sum to donate. Even $5 makes you a "gold" member.
But other have contributed even more.
Please take the time to read this through
from Jordan's website. I'm doing it. Will you?

The King would. :wink: Check out this link or read on:

http://jordans-elvis-world.com/founders.html

"There are Three levels of founders:

Gold: A donation of $5.00 US

This will get you a permanent spot on the "Founders page" which will list your name and any special message you would like to add.
Platinum: $10.00US - and above!

A minimum donation of 10.00US can make you a Platinum Founder!

You can pledge as much as you want over the $10 as well!

This will get you a permanent spot on the founders page, like the gold founder, but you will be known as a platinum founder.

If you donate more than once, you can gain platinum x2, x3 status etc.

Lifetime Diamond Founder:

If you make a donation of $50.00 or more, you will be known as a "Lifetime Diamond Founder", which is designated as "Diamond" status and will get you displayed at the top of the list, with a special diamond founder logo...."

Really, so many of us shell out to RCA/BMG regularly as well as for
bootlegs. I'm sure a bunch of us here could chip in at this time.

I wouldn't bring this up if it wasn't important for the survival
of FECC and these sites on this server. I know a lot of us
truly enjoy these free sites quite a bit.

Thanks to all, regardless of what you can or cannot afford. :wink:

Again, the link is

TCB!
-Greg :D

PiersEIN
Registered for: 21 years

Post by PiersEIN »

Hang on. . .
Even better, please send cash in unmarked envelopes to Piers or Nigel at The Elvis Information Network.
Any currency accepted!

Cheers
Piers !
(So, how come we didn't get a mention!?)

[Because you are not hosted on the ElviCities server. Nor does your site incur the charges of owning a dedicated server. -The Management]

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Is EIN on the elvicities server ? Sorry, I get a bit behind on the info and stuff and if someone told me yesterday I probably forgot already.

Yes, the true cost comes in the data transfer, so sites running audio and video will bare the brunt the most.

The only site I've ever donated to has been Jordans and I've continued in one respect by being a paid up customer on elvicities as is FECC.

I've spent hours and hours in front of my PC doing those Elvis In Concert clips for those who hadn't had the cahnce to see them before as well as doing the multi angle stuff no one has done before.
I don't want anything for it as you know but if you could see your way to donating $5 to the jordans-elvis-world link that Greg posted it would be great.

Surely $5 has to be worth my signature alone ? :?: :wink: Shhh......we'll say no more.
Damn it, yes we will.
I'll do you something extra special this weekend and I'll change my signature to reflect it from next week if over this weekend there's $100 donated to jordans-elvis-world founders page in total. That's just 20 readers giving $5 a piece on average. I'm sure we can manage that. :wink:

bray1977
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by bray1977 »

OK Its a deal, I just gave $10 by paypal to get the ball rolling.

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Thanks Bray1977! I hope you've set not only the ball rolling but also the example, thank you.

Just to add to the info and he can't kick me from where he is if I embarrass him, but JR has ensured that the fans are kept entertained at his personal cost of running his site despite his crippling back injury having kept him off work with little pay for the past few months.

Go on a few bucks ain't gonna hurt and the reward will be a nice one for you. :wink:

PiersEIN

Post by PiersEIN »

Is EIN on the elvicities server ? Sorry, I get a bit behind on the info and stuff and if someone told me yesterday I probably forgot already.

Obviously not Steve, and believe me I do appreciate all your work, FECC and Jordan's etc

However the message "I don't know how many of us realize that some of our favorite sites (FECC, J.E. World, ElviCities, ENN, .. ) just barely get by on the donations of kind Elvis fans and supporters" does equally apply to EIN we have to pay to run our website just like anybody else.
I pay for all my FTD CDs etc and, like you, spent hours and hours in front of my PC writing our Elvis Fan Club Newsletters etc, and all just for the love of Elvis.
It's a tough world out there for all of us!

No offence meant.

Cheers
Piers

[We are truly sorry you feel left out, but your site which I'm sure plenty of fans appreciate is not on the ElviCities server. That's what this post is about. Supporting the sites like FECC, Jordan's Elvis World, ElvisCrawler and many others on the server.
-The Management]

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Steve,
How about a raffle?? I would happily donate something autographed (like a pair of drum sticks signed by DJ) to help out. I'm serious.

Tom

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Renan »

How can I donate? I would help for sure!

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Post by Guest »

renanagulled wrote:How can I donate? I would help for sure!
The King would. Wink Check out this link or read on:

"There are Three levels of founders:

Gold: A donation of $5.00 US

This will get you a permanent spot on the "Founders page" which will list your name and any special message you would like to add.
Platinum: $10.00US - and above!

A minimum donation of 10.00US can make you a Platinum Founder!

You can pledge as much as you want over the $10 as well!

This will get you a permanent spot on the founders page, like the gold founder, but you will be known as a platinum founder.

If you donate more than once, you can gain platinum x2, x3 status etc.

Lifetime Diamond Founder:

If you make a donation of $50.00 or more, you will be known as a "Lifetime Diamond Founder", which is designated as "Diamond" status and will get you displayed at the top of the list, with a special diamond founder logo...."

Really, so many of us shell out to RCA/BMG regularly as well as for
bootlegs. I'm sure a bunch of us here could chip in at this time.

I wouldn't bring this up if it wasn't important for the survival
of FECC and these sites on this server. I know a lot of us
truly enjoy these free sites quite a bit.

Thanks to all, regardless of what you can or cannot afford. Wink

Again, the link is

TCB!
-Greg

Post by Guest »

Thank you first of all to "Greg Nolan" for getting this message up here on this site. Everything he says is true. Alot of people don't know that FECC, ElvisCrawler, Jordan's Elvis World, keithflynn.com - etc etc are all run on the same server rented out by me.
As Greg said, right now is a very very important and critical time for those of whom who can donate and become a Jordan's Elvis World Founder. You will be helping all of your favorite Elvis sites that are hosted on the ElviCities server.

Off Topic:
Unlike someone on this thread (not mentioning any names), we do not have the liberty of getting the latest BMG/FTD releases for free. It sure would be nice though.

Back on Topic:
Nor do they realize the ENORMOUS cost of having a dedicated server to provide the Elvis fans the services that have been going for more than TEN years now. And hopefully will keep going for another ten years or more.

So again, if you are able - please consider becoming a Jordan's Elvis World Founder. It benefits everyone in the end.

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Steve,
How about a raffle?? I would happily donate something autographed (like a pair of drum sticks signed by DJ) to help out. I'm serious.

Tom
Excellent idea.

Post by Guest »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Steve,

Tom
That's a very good idea. Something like that could be worked out where a founder is picked on a particular date at random and would win the item.
Thank you for your kind support, I know FECC and the rest of the sites on the ElviCities server appreciates it.

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Jordan,
Just let me know what kind of autographed item you want and I'll get right on it. You guys handle all the money stuff and I'll mail the winner his item, at no charge to FECC, of course.

Tom

Post by Guest »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Jordan,
Just let me know what kind of autographed item you want and I'll get right on it. You guys handle all the money stuff and I'll mail the winner his item, at no charge to FECC, of course.

Tom
Tom, Check your PM's.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Sorry Piers, I thought you meant.....hey, never mind.

Wait a sec, is there a good reason why you are not hosted by elvicities ????
If there is let me know and I'll make sure it isn't a good enough reason for very long :lol:

Data transfer Piers.... data transfer, say no more :wink:

Tom - good deal, thanks.

Eddie
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Eddie »

Im never on Jordans site and indeed rarely here either, but I do like to pop in now and again for some education, so Ive threw in $20.00 US for the privelage, not a lot but Im sure every little helps.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

We love ya Eddie :wink:

Post by Guest »

Eddie wrote:Im never on Jordans site and indeed rarely here either, but I do like to pop in now and again for some education, so Ive threw in $20.00 US for the privelage, not a lot but Im sure every little helps.
Thank you very much Eddie, and Bray77 for getting the ball rolling! It is greatly appreciated. :P

Topic author
Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Way to be, people! :lol: :lol:

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

Blue-Gypsy

Post by Blue-Gypsy »

Eddie wrote:Im never on Jordans site and indeed rarely here either, but I do like to pop in now and again for some education, so Ive threw in $20.00 US for the privelage, not a lot but Im sure every little helps.
Hey Eddie!

Are you the same guy that helped me start my import and VCD collection about three or four years ago? If I remember right you had just got married. If so good to hear from you again!

Tony~

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Gay, Straight, Disabled and not disabled, Americans who send a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states. We are and always will be the United States of America."
-Barack Obama-

Blue-Gypsy

Post by Blue-Gypsy »

Hey Jordan

Do you have another method to take credit cards other than Pay-Pal?

My PP account is all screwed up right now, switched banks and all of a sudden they thought I was trying to run a scam or something....lol

Let me know!

Tony~

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Gay, Straight, Disabled and not disabled, Americans who send a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states. We are and always will be the United States of America."
-Barack Obama-

Re: .

Post by Guest »

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Hey Jordan

Do you have another method to take credit cards other than Pay-Pal?

My PP account is all screwed up right now, switched banks and all of a sudden they thought I was trying to run a scam or something....lol

Let me know!
Check your PM's :)

Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Hi Tony,
yep, the very same, good to hear from you too.:)

TINML

Post by TINML »

Jordan, I hope I can help out......

Tom, I must tip my hat to you, that's a very nice thing for you to do.

TINML

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

MYWAY
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by MYWAY »

Where do we send the money?

ELVIS WAS/IS THE GREATEST!