today i have been offered.....

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Susan
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Susan »

For 20 hours i think this is quit expensive but you know.
If somebody would make me such an offer i woulf buy a few hours for a less price checking about the quality and if it`s okay, i may buy the rest.

Post by Guest »

What has been omitted to be mentioned thus far is that this unreleased footage has PROPERTY OF TURNER/MGM along with a time code across the screen. The versions that have been degraded have been zoomed in to accomodate getting rid of this.

Here's a little something else to ponder on.
Look at the end of TTWII special edition when Elvis pops his head back up under the falling curtain........ he shouts something but we don't get to hear it.
From an alternate camera angle on this 'rogue' footage you see it from the rear of the room and you hear him shout "By'yall"

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff
Registered for: 19 years

today I have been

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

Damn,Susan, why didnt we think of that ourselves ? Brilliant plan,luv! Lets tell mr X we only want the good parts , have him remove all the hours of non Elvis, stick a 50 pound note under his nose and tell him "I want 50 pounds worth of primo On Tour film outtakes - if its any good, Ill be back next week for more!".... Its ALL or NOTHING, dear. No "I want " shopping lists have a part in this story....

Susan

Post by Susan »

For my part there is no need just to have a chance to see the Elvis parts.
I would be glad just seeing the silent footage you talked about earlier.
That`s okay with me.

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff
Registered for: 19 years

today I have been

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

Susan, silent footage means no sound to the picture. While Elvis not included means for instance 30 min of fans outside the Hotel waiting whille E is still inside.... or cars looking for parking space outside the venue where E is do his show . 25 min of just car spotting isnt very exciting, Ive been told....

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

What about how it ends, Ger ?

Phoenix - 1 hour of audience only - with no sound at all.

You also get the repetition. This is not a DVD you can sit down and watch like a normal documentary.
You get the same song performed (not necessarily with any sound) and then you get the same performance again and then after that the same again and again up to five times.
Sometimes the screen goes green for 2 minutes of that song from that angle.

If anyone is thinking they'll get 15 plus hours of something new then that's not the case. Yes there would be some new bits, angles etc and also some unseen performances but they might have sound on they might not, if they do it has dirty rotten loud beeps put onto it to stop the soundtrack being bootlegged.

You can even watch a few minutes of footage of the tandem bicycle standing up against the wall. Steady - don't all rush to get £1000 out of your wallets. :lol:

Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Steve_M wrote:You can even watch a few minutes of footage of the tandem bicycle standing up against the wall.
I was undecided but that's the clincher! :D

If the footage is 20hrs why does it take 16 DVD's? Surely they could squeeze this onto 4-5, perhaps less? Unless they're VCD's?

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Steve -

You wrote:
You can even watch a few minutes of footage of the tandem bicycle standing up against the wall.
With sound ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Post by Guest »

It wont be long before some bright spark takes the best bits with (and without) sound and compiles them together as a good performance/programme and then dubs the audio in from a CD source and bingo...... you got something everyone will want.
For example, remember the 1st,2nd 4Ever DVD anyone?

But is it true with the bicycle footage that if you listen very carefully with the volume up high enough you can actually hear Elvis 'breaking wind' off camera?

I gotta get that :roll:

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Yeah, with sound, but I think they didn't beep that out so watch out for that on a bootleg real soon.

There's no close up of the tyres but I bet the audio on bootleg with be at an inflated price.

The 16 DVD's seem to represent 75 mins on each - so maybe it's been redone on a per show basis or per day basis or something else I can't think of.
I'll bet the quality has also been dumbed down or if it hasn't I'll bet it hasn't been corrected properly.

Post by Guest »

No close up of the tyres, then how will I know if the tandem I viewed at the fingerprints of elvis museum was the real deal?
Forget it then, they can keep their darn DVD's !!!

Susan

Re: today I have been

Post by Susan »

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Susan, silent footage means no sound to the picture. While Elvis not included means for instance 30 min of fans outside the Hotel waiting whille E is still inside.... or cars looking for parking space outside the venue where E is do his show . 25 min of just car spotting isnt very exciting, Ive been told....
honey, don`t think I`m stupid. I for sure know what silent footage is.
I also know the difference between Dolby Digital to stereo or mono

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Really ?

Wow!

I have to confess I wouldn't be able to tell if a cars engine was sounding in dolby or mono whilst it was being driven looking for a parking space.

Guess that make me stupid then. :oops:

I've second guessed the source of the DVD's on this instance and I really would avoid it at that stupid money price tag judging on the dumbed down quality of previous offerings.
The idea being that a few years later the person concerned can claim "newly found improved footage" of exactly the same and sell it to everyone all over again.
ME4EP wrote:It wont be long before some bright spark takes the best bits with (and without) sound and compiles them together as a good performance/programme and then dubs the audio in from a CD source and bingo...... you got something everyone will want.
If anyone is actively involved in doing this or knows of someone who is could they drop me a line and let me know. It would save me a lot of time and cussing and overall frustration as that takes too much of my lifetimes quota of patience and I'm already gonna be a grumpy old man with what I've used up so far. (gonna be ?)

Post by Guest »

How very apt this is considering current circumstances regarding TTWII and EOT footage :?

Are we sure The Col has left the building?

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

I think its the money not the product that's causing the issue.

I say give it to all the fans for free if it's not going to be released - but just don't let some sob make a filthy amount of money out of the fans from something that's not his in the first place.

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

I totally agree Steve! I see it the same as you, the collectors who have had this for a while have lost their investments now that it's being sold by some scumbag! That it a crying shame, I know! But if someone can make a better version of the tapes, all edited together correctly, and not sell it for a hefty profit, just make it available for fans, then I'm all for that!

Does everyone agree?

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Sure I agree!! :P

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

iamhekev
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by iamhekev »

100% with you on that Keith...

KEV.

SAM...17.3.1955 to 24.1.2008

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

I'd like the input from some of the collectors on here who may or may not have it as well, but who at least in principal have invested a lot of money in collecting Elvis.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Thanks for that insight EPCOLLECTOR, I think that sums up how the majority see it.

I say again to any fans wanting to buy it - DON'T!

If you have money to burn then it's not going to be worth convincing you, but if you care for how you spend your hard earnt money then just wait a short while and you may get to keep your money AND get to see what you would've wasted it on.

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Scatter »

C'mon EPCollector........do you seriously think this dork will spend even one day in jail. Fat chance. I'd LOVE to be wrong though........

Susan

Post by Susan »

it has been said before, here it is no 8mm footage this footage has a copyright also with some sound (original songs) on it these songs also have a copyright. and this is in fact not good at all for the seller and the buyer.
but damn it`s a temptation.

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Scatter »

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:In this case, YES!

EPCOLLECTOR
Will you keep us updated??? I'd love to know if you prove to be right.

But wouldn't it prove to be ironic if this imbecile's moronic attempt at grand larceny forces the collector's hand into releasing the GOOD stuff?? Should we then collectively send him a cake with a file baked into it???