Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:43 pm

Today I have been offered 20 hours of unseen TTWII footage for £1000
spread over 16 dvds
I have seen some of this footage and its excellent
what do you think i should do.
If money was no object, then fine, unfortunately, it isn't
what would you do?

Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:46 pm

Well hell if money is no object! Thats a no brainer! Get 2 sets and send me one! :D

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:48 pm

Could you describe the footage you have had the chance to see so far then?

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:51 pm

Take out a loan!!

If you sell them at 20 quid you only have to sell 50 copies to get your money back! You've already sold two! :D :wink:

Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:02 pm

Or, find 40 people to chip in £25 each. . Get the money first, then you'll have your grand.
Oh, and make sure you get the 40 people to send you the blanks.

Then you'll have the footage for nowt, and 40 brand new, very grateful mates!

today I have been

Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:52 pm

Dont buy yet ! Shortly this footage will be all over the place.... and you can get it for a lot less, and I mean a LOT LESS ! Remember one very important thing ; many hours DO NOT FEATURE ELVIS AT ALL, a lot doesnt have sound , and is poor picture quality ! Sorry, thats all I can tell , its your choice.

Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:00 pm

Something else to consider:

You (could) have four different angles of a particular shot, three without sound and one with so in theory... the sound IS there :wink:

By'all :lol:

today I have been

Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:30 pm

YOU for EP ; when I say silent I mean SILENT!.... sigh...

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:27 pm

EP collector;

If Bmg, Turner, and EPE monitor this site, then they do in fact know that we fans are very hungry for this material.

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:30 pm

EPCOLLECTOR wrote:As I stated in a different post.

Beware too that BMG< EPE< and Turner do infact moniter this site. You have publicly announced an intention of purchase, which was not a smart move, not to mention that you, and who ever is selling the material are subject to the same laws on copyright, and bootlegging. Turner does ACTIVELY pursue this issue. I am in favor of all fans being able to have the material, but be smart about it, at the very least. Remember you are not talking about some 8mm footage that a lady filmed at the Interntaional in 1970, this is PROFESSIONAL OWNED footage that could gross millions of dollars to the movie studio who owns the material. Good Luck

EPCOLLECTOR

My take on piracy:

If the material in question is commercially available, such as the ALOHA box set, then pirate copies are 100% illegal and the copier deserves all he gets.

However if people have been pleading FOR YEARS for the ability to legally buy something that was either never released, or is no longer available; and the studios won't produce the goods for people to spend their money on; well in that case they have no right to complain when the material becomes available through other means.

today I have been

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:37 pm

Tell that to a judge . Turner is not your local video store...

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:39 pm

Andy -

I've had that offer in the past, too.

Too much money for my pocket.

Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:51 pm

Don't buy it is my advice.

Judging by the details you've given it is not complete and is certainly not worth the money you have been asked to pay.

A few years ago yes, but not now.

Someone might be bringing out a much better version in the not to distant future.

I'd also like to add that it bothers me a little that this seems to have come into the market place in a less than discreet manner to which it was previously accustomed since a certain highly repsected member on this board had his personal and expensively purchased copy stolen a few months ago.

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:15 pm

You can get this material for far, far less than this price. Dont buy it.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:24 am

If I had a lot of money I would buy it...but as I don´t have I should give you the same advice: DON´T buy it.
It seems we will have something in the near future..

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:58 am

Steve/Renan -

Something coming soon ?

Official or unofficial ?

today I have been

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:42 am

Renanagulled, Im sorry to tell you Padre is not included in the 20 hours! Just kidding!

today I have been

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:59 am

Colin, with copies coming out of the woodwork everywhere all of a sudden,take a wild guess ! And I have nothing seen yet, except a rough tracklisting on paper .

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:04 pm

Colin,

This is something that will be down to the collectors who paid and invested in it some time ago.

What they are seeing is that their rental period for having almost exclusive rights to watch it coming to an end.

I am not one who considers themselves part of that group of people.

I have mentioned to one of them (only just last night) that they need to consider a short term plan and a long term plan regarding this situation and that they must get together and talk to each other and agree something in principal.

Long term seems to be fairly easy to focus on with something already in mind, but short term is more the direct problem.

There are unofficial distributors of this footage as can be seen by this thread starting. They have never been one of those who swore to keep it off the open market. They have finally managed to get a copy by whatever means and have decided to copy and distribute for £1000 a time.

Well I'm saying to those that had it before that they must limit the damage and limit the amount that these people are going to make (potentially millions if more than a thousand fans buy a copy) and my only suggestion is put the whole lot out themselves for a nominal amount of money or on the internet for free.

Those that have had it sometime, you know who you are - get something sorted and quickly and we can put a stop to rogue distributors making themselves millionaires out of it.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:51 pm

No Padre!!!!!!!?????? I thought this song was rehearsed!!!
I don´t want anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:01 pm

I would say with this kinda stuff it's pretty much common sense to say :-sit back..... wait until nearer Xmas,,..... then get hold of it for much, MUCH less cost!!!! :o

FOOTAGE

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:15 pm

My guess is that it will be another "There's always me" type scenario; ie, we get lots of out-takes released unofficially in inferior quality, then, a few years later, the same stuff resurfaces from an official lable in perfect quality and we end up buying the same stuff again. This footage is great to have, but I'm hoping it will be relased at some point in the future, officially in a nicely edited format.