All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Re: baby, lets play house 68

Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:51 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:...But what the heck , is it so impossible Elvis performed BLPH for fun during a session in 68 while no tape machine was running to record it ? Mailing a WISH list for a possible On Tour 3 dvd set is a more realistic topic I guess ? Did I ever tell about the time [ early 80s ] when I was a guest at Andrew Solt his office on Sunset Blvd and watched HOURS of unseen OT footage ? I didnt, did I ? See you around ! Have a nice weekend.

This has been a fun, if entirely fruitless and never quite a believable thread. Thanks to Keith for posting the old articles.

And with all due respect, Ger (and pure jealousy of the footage you saw), but those of us too unlucky or too young to have seen Elvis live in the '70s fully relish the possibility of "Elvis On Tour" on DVD in some sort of deluxe package. What's unrealistic about that? I suppose you would have also been equally jaded if someone proposed a DVD of all of the 1968 and "Aloha' materials a few years ago. But in 2004, EPE came through and the fans made this top-sellers.

So I see nothing wrong in soliciting EOT proposals. After all, let's face it: the '68 and Sun era well is all but dry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: baby, lets play house 68

Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Do anybody remember a story that was featured in Elvis Monthly in 1968 where US fans mentioned hearing Elvis sing Baby, Lets Play House during a recoding session that year ?

The rumour has been out there for years, but the song proves more elusive.

Given how little fanfare was paid to the official release of a 1968 version of "Blue Moon Of Kentucky" -- on the very first FTD, Burbank 68 -- one suspects that another SUN cut redone in that FANTASTIC 1968 voice will also be greeted by the sounds of silence.

DJC

And I still hear disparaging comments from some fans about that great debut FTD, "Burbank '68." It's almost as some fans can't handle this "raw" era of Elvis. Throw in poor fidelity, and you lose some fans completely...

I hope I'm over-stating this tendency.

This FTD is at the top of my list in terms of their releases to date.
"Fidelity" is obviously a major issue to people... especially in this (digital-driven) day and age.
That said, this CD is still quite "listenable" and an enjoyable insight into history in the making.