All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Baptist memorial Hospital

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:50 pm

Elvis' brain and heart were stored at BMH. Now that BMH has been demolished, where are the organs?

Anyone know?
Thanks

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:56 pm

Either Paul Lickter is selling them for $50,0000 a piece

or Priscilla has them in her deep freeze, at the Garabaldi residence

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:04 am

Really, I'd never heard of that......

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:31 am

I read it in some book and hadn't thought about it until I went to Memphis last month and saw that they were tearing down BMH due to bad staff infections in the building.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:42 am

Why the hell would they store his heart and brains there? Don't believe everything you read!
After an autopsy the organs are placed back in the body if there not used for organ donation. No hospital has organs on storage. Only some that are donated for the use of medical sience and I doubt Elvis gave his up.

Re: Baptist memorial Hospital

Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:41 am

JonRomanovich wrote:Elvis' brain and heart were stored at BMH.
Jon, are you feeling all right ?

Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:59 am

The statement is (of course) not true.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:01 am

Maurice Elliot (Baptist Hosp spokesman) and Jerry Francisco (coroner who covered up the autopsy results) have both asserted that Elvis' vital organs were not buried with him, but were kept in storage in Baptist Memorial. This is not that uncommon a practice in high profile cases.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:06 am

I would like to read that for myself because I heard just the opposite. The family would have to approve this and I read that they did not.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:09 am

Scatter wrote:Maurice Elliot (Baptist Hosp spokesman) and Jerry Francisco (coroner who covered up the autopsy results) have both asserted that Elvis' vital organs were not buried with him, but were kept in storage in Baptist Memorial. This is not that uncommon a practice in high profile cases.

not trying to be a wisea$$ about this discussion, but WHY would they store Elvis' brain and heart?

jus because he was ELVIS?

was he an organ donor?

could he even be eligible to be a donor considering he did go into cardiac arrest at the time of his death?

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:24 am

If they are out there they will be on ebay before long.

Of course after this thread, we will have to sift through thousands of fakes before finding the real thing. During this time we will have developed several people who will become experts on Elvis tissue and DNA that will then join this board to make sure none of us gets took for our money!

Elvis World is like no other! Gotta Love It!

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:42 am

In a high profile case, where questions of coverup and conspiracy will inevitably arrive, the vital organs are sometimes held. This would eliminate the need to exhume the body at a later date if an inquest desires further testing to determine either cause or means of death.

JFK was buried without his heart and brain, as was RFK. Subsequently, JFK's brain was "misplaced" during an audit of the Smithsonian by the GAO.

From "ElvisNews.com"

The coroner, Dr Jerry T. Francisco,who with Dr Eric Muirhead and Dr Noel Florredo attended the autopsy on Presley, initially concealed the facts by attributing the cause of death to a massive heart attack.

Their motive(they have since admitted), "Was not to tarnish the image by scandal of a drug habit".

In recourse to the now abundant rumors (of Elvis being alive), Francisco states,"If Elvis is NOT dead, he's walking around without his major organs-for Elvis' brain and heart are still in storage at Memphis Baptist Memorial Hospital".

Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:15 am

God, I just hate it when a medical examiner tells lies just to try to be humorous.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:25 am

And you have determined he is lying while you have the truth because.....

1 You were there at the funeral home and saw the bag of vital organs inserted into Elvis' bodycavity

2 You were in the refrigerated "Elvis' Vital Organs" drawer in Baptist and found only Francisco's cheese sandwich and a half-drunk Pepsi

3 You believe Elvis is alive

Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:34 am

Scatter wrote:3 You believe Elvis is alive

I was just teasing in my post. You mean Elvis is really dead???!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:35 am

Scatter wrote:3 You believe Elvis is alive

I was just teasing in my post. You mean Elvis is really dead???!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:03 am

Scatter wrote:And you have determined he is lying while you have the truth because.....

1 You were there at the funeral home and saw the bag of vital organs inserted into Elvis' bodycavity
I got my info from Charlie Hodge who was hiding under a sheet.

2 You were in the refrigerated "Elvis' Vital Organs" drawer in Baptist and found only Francisco's cheese sandwich and a half-drunk Pepsi
He is a Coca~Cola man. Has sworn off Pepsi's.

Gail told me he was.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:20 am

Rob wrote:
Scatter wrote:And you have determined he is lying while you have the truth because.....

I got my info from Charlie Hodge who was hiding under a sheet.

He is a Coca~Cola man. Has sworn off Pepsi's.

Gail told me he was.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:58 am

I work in pathology, and here in the UK it used to be common practise to store the organs of people who had died suddenly and required an autopsy (incase of legal action further down the line), now there are new tissue retention laws that forbid this as families were discovering years later that their love-ones organs were still being stored in the hospital.....so maybe it was the same in the USA??

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:48 am

This reminds me of the story about Walt Disney's brain being put on Ice, or was it his head? :? 8)

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:57 pm

Tony -

Your avatar has started giving me the creeps !

Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:04 pm

Tony........Who is that guy? Reminds me a little of Vincent Price :shock:

Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:02 pm

jake wrote:Tony........Who is that guy? Reminds me a little of Vincent Price :shock:

Listen to the end of 'Wacko's' 'Thriller'. :wink:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:11 am

jake wrote:Tony........Who is that guy? Reminds me a little of Vincent Price :shock:

That would be him, the Master of Horror!

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:49 am

Steve_M wrote:If anyone has read that his brain and heart were not placed back in the body sue the person who wrote it for accusing you of being stupid enough to believe it. :lol:

PART of his brain and heart, more like thin slices, were not put back in his body. These formed part of the Ethel Moore toxicology tests. Any not used were never "stored" st the BMH, but were stored a little further down the road along with many other autopsy organs or parts thereof.

As part of an autopsy some things cannot be determined during the autopsy and so samples of tissues are sent away for analysis and if a private autopsy is undertaken (as in Elvis' case) the family are not required to give permission because they already have in requesting an autopsy in the first place. Just the same as photographs and an audio recording are part of the autopsy, the family do not have a right to say whether photos are alowed or not as it is part of the autopsy procedure.

this is true- when tissue is removed from the human body for pathological examination, it is dissected into smaller pieces by the pathologist, it then undergoes chemical processing to remove fat, water etc from it (won't bore you with the details), then it is placed into small blocks of melted wax, which are allowed to solidify (these are about 3'x3' in size). After this the tissue is sliced very thinly (about 4nm) and mounted onto glass slides, which are then stianed with special tissue dyes- after this they can be examined under a microscope.

the tissue blocks and the slides can be stored indefinately, so this is probably what they mean, some large hospitals have slides that go back almost 100 years!