All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Let's talk FTD's

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:02 am

After a sad and disasterous day (again thinking of our friends in England) I want to try to lighten things up a little. With the new FTD's arriving, I'm wondering how many FTD's do each of you own? I support FTD 100% so I have all of them. Some I like much more than others. What about you? How many do you own? Less than 5? More than 10? All of them? Which ones do you like the most? It would be very hard for me to pick a favorite but I'll try. My favorites are listed below but will probably change tomorrow. Let's hear your story.

My favorites are:
Studio - Elvis Is Back
Live - Polk Salad Annie

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:14 am

Rob, I jus got ELVIS IS BACK! yesterday and words cannot describe this beauty!!! (actually, that's exactly what this disc is!!!)

I've got about 25 of the FTD's and I love most of them! I sure haven't been completely disappointed...YET!

I'm still a lil behind on the Movie soundtrax, but I'm gonna try and catch up with sum helpful hints as gifts for Christmas! :D

My Top 5 would be:

Live At The International
Polk Salad Annie
Jungle Room Sessions
ELVIS IS BACK!
Flashback

oh, I also have a soft spot for the PARADISE, HAWIIAN STYLE soundtrack!!! :shock:
Last edited by minkahed on Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:16 am

Ok, here's the ones I don't have:
In A Private Moment
Easter Special
Out In Hollywood
Frankie And Johnny
Paradise Hawaiian Style
Follow That Dream
Kid Galahad
So High
... I think thats all... any suggestions on this list of ones I should get? I'm thinking of gettin the "So High" title. I really like the ones I have and tend to pull the ones out and give them a relisten when they are being discussed on the MB. "Jungle Room Sessions", "One Nite In Vegas", "Nashville Marathon", "Polk Salad Annie"......hell Im nameing them all at this point... but I think they are outstanding releases for fans that want to hear something a little different. I love them, and loved the last batch and cant wait for the new ones! Oh yea, the only book I have is "Thats the Way it Was".

JEFF d
Elvis fan
Last edited by JEFF d on Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:18 am

JEFF d wrote:I'm thinking of gettin the "So High" title.

Very good choice.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:19 am

Damn Rob, I love your signature, where in the hell did u find that?

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:24 am

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you. I like you way too much to do that.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:26 am

I don't buy the soundtracks but will buy Tickle Me. I skip most of the sounboards. I have all the studio ones except Easter Special and Guitar Man. I also don't have In A Private Moment. Altogether I own 23, the July batch not included yet.

Favorites are
Elvis Is Back
Flashback
Long Lonely Highway
Studio B
So High

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:29 am

Rob wrote:I could tell you but I'd have to kill you. I like you way too much to do that.

oh, ok, Thanks anyway!

(I think...) :roll:

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:30 am

JEFF d wrote:Ok, here's the ones I don't have:
In A Private Moment
Easter Special
Out In Hollywood
Frankie And Johnny
Paradise Hawaiian Style
Follow That Dream
Kid Galahad
So High
... I think thats all... any suggestions on this list of ones I should get? I'm thinking of gettin the "So High" title. I really like the ones I have and tend to pull the ones out and give them a relisten when they are being discussed on the MB. "Jungle Room Sessions", "One Nite In Vegas", "Nashville Marathon", "Polk Salad Annie"......hell Im nameing them all at this point... but I think they are outstanding releases for fans that want to hear something a little different. I love them, and loved the last batch and cant wait for the new ones! Oh yea, the only book I have is "Thats the Way it Was".

JEFF d
Elvis fan

So High! Get it. It's really great. One of my favourite FTD's.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:33 am

Thanks guy, Ok I'll order it next time I put an order in then. What do you all think of the "Tickle Me" concept? I went ahead and ordered it, but seems odd they would make a complete soundtrack from this since the sessions are all over the place in that movie... maybe it would have been better if they had done a SE of "The Lost Album"(which I love btw).

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:38 am

I have just about all the regular FTD's except the one's with the books and some soundboards of which I'm not too thrilled anyway. I'm thinking about getting That's The Way It Was set. Some of the soundtracks I don't have either but I'm going to buy them later. It took a while for me to start collecting the FTD's mainly because as a student I couldn't afford them but after that I've bough most of them in 2 years time.

I like the following the best:

1. Jungle Room Sessions
2. So High
3. 6363 Sunset
4. One Night In Vegas
5. Nashville Marathon
6. Memphis Sessions

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:39 am

JEFF d wrote:Thanks guy, Ok I'll order it next time I put an order in then. What do you all think of the "Tickle Me" concept? I went ahead and ordered it, but seems odd they would make a complete soundtrack from this since the sessions are all over the place in that movie... maybe it would have been better if they had done a SE of "The Lost Album"(which I love btw).

JEFF d
Elvis fan

I have it on order (TICKLE ME) already, can't wait!

speaking of FTD soundboards, I really like It's Midnight and Takin' Tahoe Tonight!!!

definetely worth owning!!! :)

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:47 am

I would have to say I think the best concert one has been "One Night In Vegas", thats my favorite show, but hey I like them all! lol I must say and I dont like to complain about these releases... but "New Years Eve" was the most disapointing for me. Of course I'm still happy to have it in my Elvis arsenal.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:52 am

buddy holly wrote:I don't buy the soundtracks but will buy Tickle Me.

With all due respect..........why?
Tickle Me is not actually a soundtrack album.

Maybe I just answered my own question.

lets talk

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:03 am

Does that ELVIS light-up signature come with sunglasses, Rob ? Just kidding!

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:05 am

Its for Curtis, to help him with his spelling lesson! LOL

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Re: lets talk

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:36 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Does that ELVIS light-up signature come with sunglasses, Rob ? Just kidding!

You know me, Pal. I hate attracting attention.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:47 am

JEFF d wrote:I would have to say I think the best concert one has been "One Night In Vegas", thats my favorite show, but hey I like them all! lol I must say and I dont like to complain about these releases... but "New Years Eve" was the most disapointing for me. Of course I'm still happy to have it in my Elvis arsenal.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Jeff,

One Night in Vegas is a killer show! One of my favourites. I also think the show on TTWII box set cd 2 is awesome. Obviously the latter isn't FTD release but the show is from the same time period. Fantastic.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:18 am

Rob wrote:Maybe I just answered my own question.

:lol:

Just a nice collection of some songs I like a lot (Night Rider, Slowly But Surely, Put The Blame On Me).

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:44 pm

My faves so far:-

1) One Night In Vegas
2) Polk Salad Annie
3) The Nashville Marathon
4) The Memphis Sessions
5) On Tour: The Rehearsals

I'm hoping All Shook Up is going to be right up there too!

Jules

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:52 pm

I agree: let's lighten the mood with a thread like this. :lol:

Hey, we talked about this recently if you missed it:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

As for me, I'm still playing catch-up. I only heard about FTD in 2003 after discovering this messageboard, having been a fan since the '70s.
In the last couple of years, I've acquired quite a few FTD's. (And no, I don't do the CDR thing for FTD's: gotta have the real thing...and support the project. :lol:

I now "only" need:
The Way It Was (book/CD)
It's Midnight
Spring Tours 77
It Happened At the World's Fair
Fun In Acapulco
Harum Scarum
Frankie & Johnny
Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis
Spinout
Polk Salad Annie
Paradise Hawaiian Style
Double Trouble
Follow That Dream
Kid Gallahd
Elvis On Tour, the Rehearsals
Rockin' Across Texas (book/cds)
Big Boss Man

Whew! :? :oops: :lol:

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:49 pm

Favorite CD at the moment: On Tour Rehearsals
Favorite book/cd project: The Way It Was
Least Favorite CD: Too Much Monkey Business

Other favorite considerations:
One Night In Vegas
Elvis At The International
Memphis Sessions
The Impossible Dream

Other least favorite considerations:
It's Midnight!
Dragonheart
Out In Hollywood
Dixieland Rocks

Re: Let's talk FTD's

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:08 am

Rob wrote:After a sad and disasterous day (again thinking of our friends in England) I want to try to lighten things up a little. With the new FTD's arriving, I'm wondering how many FTD's do each of you own? I support FTD 100% so I have all of them. Some I like much more than others. What about you? How many do you own? Less than 5? More than 10? All of them? Which ones do you like the most?[/b]

I stopped buying the FTD CDs on a regular basis (which means each single release) in late 2003. So High was the last one I bouht. By then the mastering had become so awfully bad that I was no longer willing to pay a fortune for them when I could easily buy three other HQ CDs for the same price.

My favorites are:

The Jungle Room Sessions
Burback '68
Easter Special
Silver Screen Stereo
Out In Hollywood
Long, Lonely Highway
In A Private Moment
Fame And Fortune
(content-wise, the mastering had already gone down the drain at that point)
Studio B (same as above)

Re: Let's talk FTD's

Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:47 am

see-see-rider wrote:
Rob wrote:After a sad and disasterous day (again thinking of our friends in England) I want to try to lighten things up a little. With the new FTD's arriving, I'm wondering how many FTD's do each of you own? I support FTD 100% so I have all of them. Some I like much more than others. What about you? How many do you own? Less than 5? More than 10? All of them? Which ones do you like the most?[/b]

I stopped buying the FTD CDs on a regular basis (which means each single release) in late 2003. So High was the last one I bouht. By then the mastering had become so awfully bad that I was no longer willing to pay a fortune for them when I could easily buy three other HQ CDs for the same price.

My favorites are:

The Jungle Room Sessions
Burback '68
Easter Special
Silver Screen Stereo
Out In Hollywood
Long, Lonely Highway
In A Private Moment
Fame And Fortune
(content-wise, the mastering had already gone down the drain at that point)
Studio B (same as above)

oh brother, give me a break!

Re: lets talk

Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:36 am

Rob wrote:
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Does that ELVIS light-up signature come with sunglasses, Rob ? Just kidding!

You know me, Pal. I hate attracting attention.

I'm a dyslexic Canadian.
Rob, why do you have "LEVIS" as your closing signature? :lol: