All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:38 pm

Animal Instinct & Wisdom Of the Ages were also in the Malaysian Cinema Print of Harum Scarum in the mid-60s. The MGM Vault must still have them plus more? It's time Ernst Joggensen or Harrison Ford goes digging the Hollywood Goldmine Vaults.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:59 pm

Isn't it about time that a team of FECC members raids the vaults ? 8)

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:33 pm

CD King wrote
Yes the song Suppose was only in the Malaysia Cinema print. Five Sleepy Heads was also intact!

I saw Speedway in India in the 60's and they did not have "Suppose" but "5 sleepy heads" was in there.... we should expect atleast these known scenes from MGM included in their DVD's.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:34 pm

CD King wrote
Yes the song Suppose was only in the Malaysia Cinema print. Five Sleepy Heads was also intact!

I saw Speedway in India in the 60's and they did not have "Suppose" but "5 sleepy heads" was in there.... we should expect atleast these known scenes from MGM included in their DVD's.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:53 pm

jbgude wrote:I saw Speedway in India in the 60's and they did not have "Suppose" but "5 sleepy heads" was in there.... we should expect atleast these known scenes from MGM included in their DVD's.

If that's the case, then 20th Century Fox should out out "Summer Kisses, Winter Tears" and "Britches" from Flaming Star, as these were shown at a sneek preview of the film in November of 1960 in California.

You do wonder if the movie studios have these alternate versions of scenes from their movies.

Mike C

Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:28 pm

It would be great if sometime in a near future they produce a DVD with "The Lost Footage From Hollywood". I guess they still have many unreleased clips or some alternative footage................who knows.....????

Best Regards
Renan.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:05 am

"Raiders Of the Lost Footages" starring Jordan Ritchie, Willem Kaauw, Melanie and Special Guest Appearance by Ernst Jorggenson.

Hopefully these footages and more are still in their Vault. Britches, Summer Kisses Winter Tears, Hard Headed Woman, Lonely Man, Stepping Out Of Line, I Don't Want To, Anyone Could Fall In Love With You, Suppose, Five Sleepy Heads, Animal Instinct, Wisdom Of The Ages, Where Do You Come From.....anymore???

And what about all those "soon to be lost forever" footages from Elvis On Tour? And also TTWII??

Funniest Movie Moments

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:49 am

Just loved in TTWIS, when microphone goes impotent; E's eyes being puzzled at it goes down-----his laughs when he also throws down his guitar just contagious.

All of Follow That Dream, his entire affect really good. But bank holdup scene is especially dear. I've watched it many times, Elvis did an excellent job.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:15 am

carolynlm wrote:Just on another note, and not a funny one in TTWII, when Elvis says...'will be released in January of 1979'....does anyone else feel a bit of a pang when they hear that?

He shows such vibrancy and fun-lovingness in this movie, that alone makes it so sad, to know where he was headed. I don't recall him saying that, I'll have to find out where.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:52 pm

I am almost sure that the 1979 comment is on a CD. And I believe in the original TTWII film. I remember hearing it for the first time, thinking that I had misunderstood the year. I listened to it again and there it was: 1979. It is especially sad, because E obviously intended this to be a joke. Maybe it was an insider, something to do with the production of the album. This is they only time he mentions a post-1977 date isn't it?

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:34 pm

Yes, I´ve always noticed that and feel sorry sometimes knowing he wasn´t here with us anymore in 1979....but he was in a very good mood.
This audio can be found in the Disc 2 of the CD That´s The Way Edition released in 2000.

Best Regards
Renan.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:56 pm

Melanie wrote:I am almost sure that the 1979 comment is on a CD. And I believe in the original TTWII film. I remember hearing it for the first time, thinking that I had misunderstood the year. I listened to it again and there it was: 1979. It is especially sad, because E obviously intended this to be a joke. Maybe it was an insider, something to do with the production of the album. This is they only time he mentions a post-1977 date isn't it?

Very painful to hear.

On disc three of TTWII SE, Elvis introduces Stranger in the Crowd by noting it should come out in 1980 or 1982 (can't remember the date). It is a little weird to hear this comment.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:25 pm

I like the scene in "Jailhouse Rock" in which Elvis is at the party listening to the older lady ask questions, to which Elvis finally says, "Lady, I don't know what the hell you're talking about."

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:14 am

DarrylMac wrote:3 of the last nurses who worked here got raped - one of them against her will!

How de he get away with that? :D

I always liked the old Guy in EOT who gave EP the bouquet of flowers in the shape of a guitar after boring the pants off him (and the entire viewing public) prompting the 'Oh oh! broken string' line. :)

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:13 am

He says something about the ladies at the ????? said that he couldn't play the guitar. You can understand why alot of people thought that because so many times he just hung it around his neck.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:10 am

Delboy wrote:I always liked the old Guy in EOT who gave EP the bouquet of flowers in the shape of a guitar

That old guy was the mayor of Roanoke believe that or not (scary thought.)

The line that always slayed me was when he said Are you gonna sing I ain't nothin' but a houn' dog?

Then we have the hillbilly family from hell saying We wouldn't miss 'im fer nuthin.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:28 am

At the Cincinatti show on 25.6.77 before he plays Unchained Melody Elvis says it'l be coming out in 1987!!

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:30 am

You're right. Elvis does make that comment. At that time, 1987 seemed so far into the future. Damn shame.
Last edited by Rob on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:37 am

YDKM wrote:At the Cincinatti show on 25.6.77 before he plays Unchained Melody Elvis says it'l be coming out in 1987!!

Man, Elvis really said that?

it would have been real interesting to see what could have been... :( :( :(

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:41 am

Scott Hayward wrote:My all-time favorite is from Live a Little Love a Little, when Greg attempts to return home only to find it leased to someone else: dialogue is priceless.

"Look lady, I didn't come here to fix an ironing board. -Ah-hah, so you came here for some OTHER purpose!?"

and finally culminating in: "Oh, my SISTER, Mrs. Baby!"

That iz absolutely hilarious!!! :lol:

I love that movie!

how 'bout when tells the dog Albert to get out of the car and the dog growls and Greg says "What r u doin' for dinner Albert"?

another is "Do you always use a straight razor or is this how Harry died"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

one more, "Betty, Suzie, Alice, whatever the hell yo name is..."!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:55 am

Tickle Me always kracks me up too...

There's a great camaraderie between Lonnie and Stanley in this flick,
it's kind of rare in an Elvis movie, save for maybe Bill Bixby in SPEEDWAY.

I love it when they get stuck with PAM, (YUM YUM :P ) at that hotel and Stanley is scared out of his wits!

Stanley: (screams): "LONNIE..."

Lonnie: (shouts) What Now?

Stanley: My imagination jus belted me in the nose again!

Lonnie: You know your nuts...yeh, Your nuts!

or when Stanley tells Lonnie to open the door, some one (Mr. Woodruff?) is in the closet...

Lonnie: (unconvinced) There's nuthin in here...

Stanley: (satisfied) wha'd I tell ya....

Lonnie: It's your imagination...(coughs)...Well, uh, it looked like there was someone in there...I don't know... :D

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:35 pm

:lol: This dialogue between Lonnie and Stanley has always been one of my favourites.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:29 pm

minkahed wrote:Tickle Me always kracks me up too...

There's a great camaraderie between Lonnie and Stanley in this flick,
it's kind of rare in an Elvis movie, save for maybe Bill Bixby in SPEEDWAY.

I love it when they get stuck with PAM, (YUM YUM :P ) at that hotel and Stanley is scared out of his wits!

Stanley: (screams): "LONNIE..."

Lonnie: (shouts) What Now?

Stanley: My imagination jus belted me in the nose again!

Lonnie: You know your nuts...yeh, Your nuts!

or when Stanley tells Lonnie to open the door, some one (Mr. Woodruff?) is in the closet...

Lonnie: (unconvinced) There's nuthin in here...

Stanley: (satisfied) wha'd I tell ya....

Lonnie: It's your imagination...(coughs)...Well, uh, it looked like there was someone in there...I don't know... :D

I always thought Tickle Me was hilarious as well.