All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Funny Movie Moments .

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:49 am

Elvis movies have been picked on slamed countless number of times by the general public and movie critics , but there is no doubt that they hold a very special place in the hearts of many fans. Over the years there are many scenes in his films that have had me doubled over in laughter , so Id like to know what some of your funny moments are that sent you into hysterics!. Some of the scenes are my favourites just because of a funny facial expression Elvis did ,or a real corny line.
Some of mine are - 1. Speedway - Where Nancy Sinatra throws the
bouquet at Elvis' face ,and Elvis throws it back at
her. ( not designed to be side splitting , but for
some reason ,it got me !!)

2. Double Trouble - Where the strange man with
the beard keeps staring at Elvis until he nearly
falls overboard.

3. Speedway (again!) The entire IRS scene.

What are some of yours ??????

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:05 am

The scene in Follow that Dream when the hapless bank employee thinks Toby is trying to hold up the bank is very funny. The same guy is of course the owner of the tour guide business in Blue Hawaii and again puts in a great comic turn.
Last edited by TJ on Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:10 am

Not sure why, but I always get a chuckle when watching Double Trouble.
Elvis is yelling for Jill amidst all of the background noise. Then suddenly the noise stops right before he yells again. Everyone looks at him and the expression on his face has always amused me.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:41 am

I always get a kick out of Elvis in G.I. Blues when he's babysitting and the baby is going apeshit.

Tulsa tries to open the damn frig and BAM, the milk bottle falls and breaks all over the place. so, Elvis' natural acting ability shines thru, and Tulsa turns and yells at the baby, "You see what you made me do...AHAHAH"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

that gets me everytime...

Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:11 am

TJ wrote:The scene in Follow that Dream when the hapless bank employee thinks Toby is trying to hold up the bank is veyr funny. The same guy is of course the owner of the tour guide business in Blue Hawaii and again puts in a great comic turn.

that's the incredible Howard McNair aka Floyd The Barber from the Andy Griffith Show

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:11 am

I like it when EP sings that stupid song with all these children in "Clambake". He looks seriously disgusted about the whole scene and at the end he points his finger to his head, like he's holding a gun, and pulls the trigger! I doubt that was written in the script... :D

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:45 am

There's the great line that Elvis delivers with great style in Change Of Habit - I'm paraphrasing as I can't remember the exact line, but something like

3 of the last nurses who worked here got raped - one of them against her will!

His deadpan style throughout the whole of Follow That Dream is brilliant - anyone who says Elvis can't act should see this film.

I also love the parts in Live A Little, where she takes off her coat, and Elvis says, "That was a dirty trick", but the look on his face is great. It's the same look when she's scrubbing his back in the shower, and then wanders lower with the brush - I wonder if that was in the script, or if Elvis and Michelle had been intimate?

THere are lot's of great moments in Elvis films - isn't it about time there was a compilation DVD?

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:54 am

I also have to mention "The Trouble With Girls". The look on his face during that movie is priceless. He looks so damn cool and it's so obvious he has no respect whatsoever for the movie. He's just smiling and looking like he doesn't give a sh*t about anything. You laugh with him, not at him.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:12 pm

DarrylMac wrote:There's the great line that Elvis delivers with great style in Change Of Habit - I'm paraphrasing as I can't remember the exact line, but something like

3 of the last nurses who worked here got raped - one of them against her will!

Also in that movie:
He called my sister a dirty stinking bitch! She ain't dirty!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:23 pm

My all-time favorite is from Live a Little Love a Little, when Greg attempts to return home only to find it leased to someone else: dialogue is priceless.

"Look lady, I didn't come here to fix an ironing board. -Ah-hah, so you came here for some OTHER purpose!?"

and finally culminating in: "Oh, my SISTER, Mrs. Baby!"

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:58 pm

2 Classics -

Viva Las Vegas
Ann Margaret - Can you have a look at my engine, it whistles
Elvis - I don't blame it!

Blue Hawaii
When asked if he can satisfy a school teacher and 4 teenage girls
Elvis - "Well I'll sure try ma'am!"

There are other moments that always make me laugh when I watch them but I can't think of them at the moment..

Kev.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:16 pm

I like the line delivered to the guy in jail in Charro about the bump on his head. What bump? he asks, before Elvis gives him the bump in question.
Not sure of the exact quotes but it's a fun scene.
As for his acting, his `now you know what I do for an encore' is a great example of how he can deliver a serious `tough guy' line.
rick

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:23 pm

I´m enjoying this thread....so many funny moments to be commented but one I will comment is from Girl Happy with "Big Frank"... (I always liked the scene in the fisrt minutes of the movie).
Other is the classic scene where Elvis acts like a waiter....and throws champaign in the guy.... :lol: in Viva Las Vegas.

Best Regards
Renan.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:18 pm

minkahed wrote:I always get a kick out of Elvis in G.I. Blues when he's babysitting and the baby is going apeshit.

Tulsa tries to open the damn frig and BAM, the milk bottle falls and breaks all over the place. so, Elvis' natural acting ability shines thru, and Tulsa turns and yells at the baby, "You see what you made me do...AHAHAH"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

that gets me everytime...

that is so funny!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:28 pm

Laurel and hardy for me...

TTWII org ... BJ THOMAS HAS A NEW RECORD OUT,I DON"T LIKE IT,BUT I WANT TO SING IT FOR YOU ANYWAY...something like that.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:33 pm

I am a big, big fan of the Elvis Presley movies.
In Asia, they are much loved and enjoyed by all. They are on prime-time TV all the time. They are also very big sellers on VCDs / DVDs. These are my personal Top 10 most enjoyable Elvis movies of all-time. 1. Blue Hawaii 2. Flaming Star 3. Follow That Dream 4. Tickle Me 5. G.I.Blues 6. Fun In Acapulco 7. Girls!Girls!Girls! 8. Viva Las Vegas 9. Kid Galahad 10.Live A Little, Love A Little

One of he funniest moment for me in an Elvis film is in Speedway where he cook dinner and sang Suppose, then the door bell rang..he went to open the door and had an argument with Nancy Sinatra who return the bouquet of flowers. then his dinner got burnt and he tried to put out the fire with the flowers. This was in the Malaysian edition of Speedway.
Last edited by CD King on Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:47 pm

I like the scene in "It Happened At The World's Fair" right after Elvis sings "Relax" and he's starting to move in on Yvonne Craig- suddenly her parents come in the door and she greets them(paraphrasing here) "Mom! Dad!" - Elvis looks shocked & stunned and says "Hello Mom, Hello Dad?"

Dad yells for his gun and Elvis tries to leave quickly- busting right through the screen door.

The gun goes off into the air during the struggle between the family trying to get the gun from Dad & Elvis suddenly bolts off after hearing the gunshot.

Just one of many funny moments in Elvis films.

Greybeard

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:17 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I like it when EP sings that stupid song with all these children in "Clambake". He looks seriously disgusted about the whole scene and at the end he points his finger to his head, like he's holding a gun, and pulls the trigger! I doubt that was written in the script... :D

There is a hidden message there. :D
I wonder how this went unnoticed by The Haze Office.

--------------

Girly Happy: getting out of jail in drag
he must have hated this, but I can't help laughing, reminds me of "Some Like It Hot"

Tickle Me: love the bar scene, where he gets his glass of milk

Speedway: IRS office / choreography / ties

Live A Little, Love A Little: comedy from start to end
funny one-liners and matching facial expressions

honorary mention

TTWII:

"This is my first guitar, I was little. I told you. Little bitty cat, trying to get people to listen to me. "You all listen to me, I'm good, hot damn." They said, "Not with that voice you ain't." "Anyway, MGM is doing a movie here. So don't let these cameras throw you, and try not to throw the cameras.

---------------

He had better than average comedic timing.
I just can't picture him as a method actor.
Would he have rather been a good actor on a mediocre salary than a mediocre actor on a good salary? Did he wish to be a critical acclaimed actor? What do you think?

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:29 pm

There's another great scene in "That's the Way It Is". You know that scene where he's explaining why GG is no longer with them? I have always loved that one because Elvis and The Sweet Inspirations look absolutely fantastic. However, these days it makes me laugh, too. Someone on this MB (I think it was) explained that Elvis lies about the whole thing, he's just making the story up. GG left for other reasons, I think he was forced to go, and Elvis didn't want everybody to know. Apparantly The Sweet Inpspirations believed that story for thirty years and I'm sure most fans did, too. The best part is that he's looking dead serious when he's telling them! Like a real storyteller, be begins in dramatic fashion, "I'll tell you what happened..." :D :shock:

Does anybody remember why GG left? I may be wrong, but wasn't he caught stealing or something?

Where is N880EP when you need him?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:43 pm

That scene always cracks me up. :D The serious face and all. Isn't he a great actor?
I have to admit, when I first saw it I believed it too.

And here is the story in all its glory:

"Where's Gigi?"

E: "Gigi is no longer with us."

"You've got to be kidding."

At this point Elvis probably thinks: Hey good idea!

E: "No, he had to quit. See what happened, Gigi was married and had a baby, an infant baby. And he had a little boy back in Memphis. So he had to leave the little boy in Memphis, because his wife's parents were keeping the little boy and they wouldn't let him take him out of town. So, they had one child in California and one back there. They were traveling back and forth and it was a little too much for him."

"But if it was his child, can't he take his child with him?"

E: "It's not really his child, it was his wife's child by a previous marriage."

"And she couldn't take him?

E: "She wouldn't take him away from them. It was just a family thing. He quit. I sure hated losing him."

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:01 pm

Thanks, Melanie. Hilarious!

Keith Richards, Jr.
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:09 pm

I like it in Blue Hawaii when that girl opens her blouse and tells Elvis "did you ever see anything like this in a cradle?" the look on his face! lol ..... and then later on when he spanks her!

...and the scene where his girlfriend looses her top when they are swimming, and the lil dog goes and gets her a new top, and Elvis is like "bad doggie!!" LOL

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:32 pm

CDKing, I never saw "Suppose" in the Speedway movie!!!!!!!! I think it was cut. Is it something released only in Asia????

Best Regards
Renan.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:35 pm

Renanlagulled
Yes the song Suppose was only in the Malaysia Cinema print. Five Sleepy Heads was also intact!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:00 pm

Oh I throught I missed that...it´s the same case in Brazil...Animal Instinct and Wisdom Of The Ages were shown in 1965 but until today there are several people here trying to find the original tapes used in the time....