All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

new ftd cds

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:59 pm

Has anybody got the 3 new cd from ftd yet?

Jess :D

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:26 pm

Just heard from Ernst, and they plan to ship (from Denmark) next Tuesday or Wednesday. UK fans can expect their copies by the end of next week... hopefully!
Andrew Hearn
Editor & publisher, Essential Elvis
http://www.essentialelvis.com

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:18 pm

jess -

For some reason I've kinda lost track recently..................

Which 3 CD's are imminent ?

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:01 pm

All Shook Up
Tickle Me
Elvis Today

Should be something for everybody, indeed! :lol:

Br
Kristian

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:43 pm

Tried to buy them today but the store (Sound Of The Fifties in Amsterdam) haven't received them yet. Also no luck in finding the Hi-Flyers Cd on Krazy Kat :cry:

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:55 pm

Do you guy"s go with out sweeties (candy) for weeks on end, to save up for cds????.

:shock:

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:02 pm

Kristian -

Thanks !

I do have them on order...

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:11 pm

I listen a little bit yesterday. And I have to say they are all great.

EP

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:42 pm

I'm also looking forward to them, should be awesome.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:00 am

I'm really looking forward to the "original session mixes" on the Today album with Duke Bardwell playing. Anybody got an idea whether those are the master takes with or without the overdubs? I wonder whether Elvis heard and decided against them before or after the process of overdubbing other parts?

On the one hand the add on "session" makes me think it's probably "rough mix" master takes "only". On the other hand I'm hoping for completely finished songs with all the overdubs since this would give a complete alternate album.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:09 am

John -

You wrote:
Senior moment Colin? I know what you mean though.

Trouble is, they're all senior moments these days.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:24 am

Oh man! It is time for them! I have to get my order in! Gosh time sure flies sometimes!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:01 am

John -

You wrote:
What are and who are you anyway?

If I knew that, I'd be home & dry !

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:04 pm

cramer wrote:I listen a little bit yesterday. And I have to say they are all great.

So this means they're already released on june 30th or do you refer to other FTD?

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:39 pm

buddy holly wrote:
cramer wrote:I listen a little bit yesterday. And I have to say they are all great.

So this means they're already released on june 30th or do you refer to other FTD?

They are not released yet,no idea what cramer is talking about.....

Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:49 pm

KingElvis wrote:
buddy holly wrote:

They are not released yet,no idea what cramer is talking about.....

Cramer is on top of things. As a matter of fact, he already has the August 1972 Vegas show that will be released in October.

Cramer -
It's ok, Pal. Don't listen to them. I believe you. Sit back and take another drag off of whatever it is you're smoking and enjoy those brand new FTD's.
Last edited by Rob on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:50 pm

I don´t know what to say...

But you will all like them when you recieve them...

Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:16 pm

cramer wrote:I don´t know what to say...

But you will all like them when you recieve them...

I know I will like Today......and so will you when you recieve it.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:15 am

Some selected few insiders surely have the opportunity to receive/ listen to the FTD cd's before they're officially shipped to the dealers, I guess...

Sadly, I'm not one of those, but I surely look forward to receive all the 3 brand new cd's sometime next week (hopefully)! :wink:

Br
Kristian

Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:58 am

what show is all shook up?

Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:49 pm

All Shook Up is one of the three latest FTD's that is coming out this week. It features the August 26, 1969 midnight show at the International Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was his first Las Vegas appearance since he was there in 1956 in which he didn't go over near as well. Prior to the August 26, 1969 midnight show at the International Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada, Elvis had been performing there for nearly a month. The 1968 Comeback show was televised in December of the previous year which was a huge success. Prior to that, Elvis had been making movies in Hollywood since 1956. Some were pretty good, others were quite bad because of the roles he had been getting. Before the movie years, Elvis had been causing quite a stir on television shows and touring around the country. No one had ever seen anything like it before, or since.

If you have any more questions about this particular FTD release, please don't hesitate to ask.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:35 pm

Wow.... His Story 101... the guy just asked a simple question.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

SHOOK

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:04 pm

"All shook up" ; what a great, imaginative title for a 1969 unreleased show CD!!! Couldn't they have come up with a better title like "Hound dog" or "Love me tender" for example!!??? I hate to critisize, but seriously, I wish they would try and think a little more as to the titles of these great releases! This title tells me nothing about the rare content at all.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:43 am

Rob wrote:All Shook Up is one of the three latest FTD's that is coming out this week. It features the August 26, 1969 midnight show at the International Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was his first Las Vegas appearance since he was there in 1956 in which he didn't go over near as well. Prior to the August 26, 1969 midnight show at the International Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada, Elvis had been performing there for nearly a month. The 1968 Comeback show was televised in December of the previous year which was a huge success. Prior to that, Elvis had been making movies in Hollywood since 1956. Some were pretty good, others were quite bad because of the roles he had been getting. Before the movie years, Elvis had been causing quite a stir on television shows and touring around the country. No one had ever seen anything like it before, or since.

If you have any more questions about this particular FTD release, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hey - nice signature!! You have good taste :D

"All Shook Up" should be a great release, but "Today" is the one I'm really looking forward too...

Rich

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:01 am

JEFF d wrote:Wow.... His Story 101... the guy just asked a simple question.

I apologize for being so vague. I'll do some more researching and see if I can be a little more detailed next time.