All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:50 am

fair enough everyone has different opinions and the easiest way to avoid a new release is simply don't buy it and ignore it!! :lol: however it's not always the case that Bootleggers can be as 'lucky' to get hold of such a great release as 'Just Pretend' sometimes they just try to sell whatever they can get hold of..... even if it's not the 'Cream' of the King..... :(

Re: news update

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:43 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote: on this new escape.

In another thread you criticized someone for asking in general terms where the boots came from, making it quite clear that this info should remain confidential for obvious reasons, but in this thread, where it seems to suit your agenda, you are more than willing to inform people about a bootleg's origins on a public messageboard.

Me thinks that there is more to this than meets the eye. Another Rijff vendetta, just like with DAE and various other labels?

news update

Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:16 pm

Good to have you back , Legend . Youre the sunshine of my life !

Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:33 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Good to have you back , Legend . Youre the sunshine of my life !

As usual, you are not answering to the issue at hand.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:34 pm

Not sure why there might be a beef with Audionics - he is a very nice guy.

If you don't like the sound of it then don't buy it - but there are some that want to hear as much Elvis that exists, therefore this release at least satisfies this.

JMO

Andrew

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:59 pm

I'm really looking forward to this new release after reading the reviews of two of these shows. If you go to "The Elvis Squad" and then go to "From Down Under" and then go to #6. Tour #21 (part three) you can read the reviews from the two shows of September 5 & 8. It's actually great to read the entire three parts from this tour. From the sound of it Elvis did some great shows at the end of this tour. My only regret is that we only get to hear brief snippets from these two shows - 'cause from the sound of it Elvis did some great work. All the same, It'll be great and I appreciate Audionics making it available. Way to go Audionics!!! I hope this isn't the last of what you have to offer.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:32 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Had I not liked Elvis in his later years would I have bothered to use up all my savings fly from Amsterdam to Vegas and see him perform 6 nights in a row?! Ive heard tons of soundboards since day one [ Just Pretend ] and simply cant get exited whenYDKM claims Happy Birthday and that less than mediocre O.N.John ditty are the true hilights on this new escape.

''.......tons of soundboards..........'' ????????????

Sure.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:25 am

I don't like the way Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff is already bashing up the forthcoming Across Country Vol 1 release!? why? because it's 76' material? I mean i know EXACTLY whom was behind latest re-outing of 'Kansas City Blues' and the Baxter releases!!!!! enough said??? :oops:

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:31 am

YDKM -
There are some posts that are not worth the time or effort to read. Don't waste your valuable time worrying about something / someone such as this. Go listen to a 1976 show and enjoy.

Real Elvis fans will gladly take the 1976 soundboards or anything else that becomes available and be happy to have them.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:15 am

The sound from the Hartford soundboard may sound like this ;-

http://users.chariot.net.au/~raych/Houn ... y_1976.mp3

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:47 pm

Thanks for that, Ray.

Keep 'em coming!

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:16 am

So, was that clip taken from Hartford, July 28th. 1976 or Charleston, July 24th. 1976??

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:16 am

i thought Ray's post SAYS it's Hartford 28.7.76!! :evil:

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:42 am

Across the country is great, but it's not made from soundboards.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:38 pm

That's a 'controversial ' comment/acusation- proof will be once it's released eh?

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:42 pm

i already have it, and have heard it......its great, but its not a soundboard. You can get it from several users on Soulseek.

oops

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:10 pm

i have to apologize, i have Rocking Across The Northwest Vol. 1, I was wrong about the title, because there are some arses on there that have put "Rocking Across America" as the title. It is an excellent audience recording of the 11/27/76 Eugene show. My apologies to all for the mis-information.
Last edited by bamiller_1 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:20 pm

:shock: Phew you had me concerned their as Iv'e heard half of this CD and the sound is 'good soundboard' so i couldn't understand where you were coming from!!! :roll: