All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

New update - Import news

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:17 pm

Hi,
We have a new update, see the import news section.
FECC

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:29 pm

Excellent News! Fans are in for a REAL delight with this release! I heard this incomplete Hartford soundboard 5 years ago and IF YOU LOVE ME and HAPPY BIRTHDAY are 'fantastic' other tracks from the other shows are true 'highlights' too so this is a fantastic release to get hold of! 8)

news update

Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:58 am

YAWN !

Re: news update

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:16 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:YAWN !

Are you tired of Elvis? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:16 am

Are you tired of Elvis? :wink:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:18 am

SHHhhh.........quieten down people, we're keeping Ger awake :wink:

If You Love Me and Happy Birthday are the best highlights ?

I want it now so that I hope I form a different opinion :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:23 am

I understand Ger's reaction. Audionics started out with three great releases feauring complete concerts. This one suggests their well has already dried up. I hope I'm wrong, though...

I am curious about some of this stuff but would have prefered it if Audionics released the best songs as bonus songs on future releases instead (if they have more complete concerts, that is).

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:17 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:I understand Ger's reaction.

I don't.
Whether it is complete or not, it is soundboard material that is mostly previously unreleased. I'll take what I can get of this material.
No, it's not what I would choose if I could. However, I'll be owning it as soon as it becomes available. That's what I love...freedom of choice. I choose to have it, someone else chooses not to. Therefore making that particular copy available to someone who will appreciate it.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:43 pm

Well said Rob! :wink:

A pitty though that they didnĀ“t manage to record the Pine Bluff concert in its entirety as this is supposed to have been a great 1976 concert according to people who witnessed it.

Sincerely MB280E

Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:24 pm

I'm 'amazed' but such 'negative' reaction to this forthcoming release from 'Audionics' This will most probably be their best release to date and we're talking SOUNDBOARDS here NOT 'audience' recordings. So what if IF YOU LOVE ME + HAPPY BIRTHDAY are 'THE' highlights- they are! and when you hear them you'll appreciate me for NOT revealing exactly why! Some people read about 'yet another 76' soundboard release and YAWN... well maybe they are spoilt but listening to too much? The whole piecing together from shows is magnificent together and truly a 'best of' release. I agree that complete Pine Bluff 8.9.76 sjow by itself WOULD be excellent show to have , as it's most probably the best show from an otherwise poor tour. I'll finish by saying that i'm quite happy to accept any parts or soundboard show i havn't heard .,.... and be gratefull for it. Presumably Mr.Yawn will keep Yawning until he gets something like a last week of July 75' show released on Soundboard and then he'll stop Yawning??? I say be Thank-full for what little we get-especially when it's as interesting as touring the country Volume #1 and that suggests we'll end up with a Volume #2 in the future.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:49 pm

I didn't mean to sound (too) negative. I'll probably buy this one. Two of my favourite EP shows ever is from 1976 and I trust Audionics to make a nice booklet for this release. So I for one am not yawning, and I certainly haven't heard too much of Elvis yet! I have so many other things I listen to that I never ever overdose on Elvis.

Keith Richards, Jr.

news update

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:55 pm

Happy Birthday.... is it the Bluesy version ? or the hard straightforward Rock n Roll version ?!! Is it as good as the Mickey Mouse March ? Man, I is dying of excitement !

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:10 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Happy Birthday.... is it the Bluesy version ? or the hard straightforward Rock n Roll version ?!! Is it as good as the Mickey Mouse March ? Man, I is dying of excitement !

Why dont you buy it and hear for yourself what versions they are, or are you planning on yawning forever? :wink:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:42 pm

I believe the version of 'Happy Birthday' is similar to the solo, acoustic version as sung to James Burton in 1969! Expect a change of lyrics though! :wink:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:34 pm

I suppose if we had Ger's background in Elvisdom (which is quite significant), we'd be bored silly too. :shock:

For the rest of us poor saps, this is some kind of "news." :oops:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:57 pm

Great news and no need to discuss, buy who wants.
This will be at home as soon as is released!

Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:32 pm

If I remember correct and this is THE Ger Rijff,the publisher of many great books from the 50`s Im not surprized by his yawn comment.
I once saw a list of the 10 songs he "hated" the most and some of my favorite 70s tracks were there.......Moody blue was just one of the 70s track mentioned.
He is obviously not a big fan of the 70s.....which he is entitled to.
Im sorry to say that Ill give a big Yawn to anything regarding the Sun and the pre Rca stuff.........thats just the way it is.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:28 pm

Another live CD ?

All I need to know is, on I Got A Woman/Amen how many times does he get JD to do the airplane thing ?

Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:44 pm

Not to worry, Colin, the bottom of the barrel is approaching. :cry:

A lot of us will miss any such "news" ...

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:13 pm

Colin I GOT A WOMAN /AMEN is a poor version with J.D. doing his finish twice. Ger the Version of Happy Birthday is a 'Funny' Version (and that's all i can say about it without spoiling the 'surprise'!.) In Hartford Elvis had the start of his Flu(that made him sound so rotten on 1st August), but thank-fully their a just a few 'highlights'.....

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:27 pm

KingElvis wrote:

If I remember correct and this is THE Ger Rijff,the publisher of many great books from the 50`s

Not quite. ..publisher of many great books regarding the 50`s.

He's not that old, but he's ageing slightly on the wrong side of 21. :wink:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:48 pm

KingElvis wrote:

If I remember correct and this is THE Ger Rijff,the publisher of many great books from the 50`s Im not surprized by his yawn comment.
I once saw a list of the 10 songs he "hated" the most and some of my favorite 70s tracks were there.......Moody blue was just one of the 70s track mentioned.
He is obviously not a big fan of the 70s.....which he is entitled to.
Im sorry to say that Ill give a big Yawn to anything regarding the Sun and the pre Rca stuff.........thats just the way it is.

I actually think it's sad when we have to divide into "Sun" advocates vs. '70s Elvis"....

Some of us love it both.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:00 am

Those of you whom may be wondering what other songs are missing from the incomplete Hartford 28.7.76 show might be interested to know these are missing:-All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / And I Love You So / Jailhouse Rock / Fever / America The Beautiful + reprise / Polk Salad Annie /Funny How Time Slips Away / Hawaiian Wedding Song -representing pretty much an average or just above av show during this tour.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:36 am

Sorry Colin i goofed up I GOT A WOMAN/AMEN runs for 5'40" and J.D. only does the airoplane once. Elvis is funny though as after he says "We start slow and Taper off...." :)

news update

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:51 am

Had I not liked Elvis in his later years would I have bothered to use up all my savings fly from Amsterdam to Vegas and see him perform 6 nights in a row?! Ive heard tons of soundboards since day one [ Just Pretend ] and simply cant get exited whenYDKM claims Happy Birthday and that less than mediocre O.N.John ditty are the true hilights on this new escape.