All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

las vegas august 72 next ftd and discusion about february 72

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:30 pm

The October release from the FTD label will contain a soundboard recording from Las Vegas in August, 1972. The date is not for sure yet, but it will be an unreleased show from this Vegas season.

Source: Elvis Unlimited / Updated: Jun 23, 2005
Last edited by frus75 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:36 pm

Great news if true! I have suggested the closing show from this Vegas season earlier.

Sincerely MB280E

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:41 pm

Good"s news there...wonder what the song line up will be,mmm.

Re: las vegas august 72 next ftd (october 2005)

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:20 pm

frus75 wrote:The October release from the FTD label will contain a soundboard recording from Las Vegas in August, 1972. The date is not for sure yet, but it will be an unreleased show from this Vegas season.

Source: Elvis Unlimited / Updated: Jun 23, 2005

Great.....can't wait.....!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm

I´m really happy with this news!!!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:10 pm

Great news! Can't wait to hear it :D

Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:43 pm

Soundboard?? Yuck. Another $25.00 saved.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:35 am

Great News :D

I hope the soundboard sounds a little better then the old import cd's of years ago though (Elvis at Full Blast & Blazing into the Darkness).

I think it's great FTD is trying to put out shows from every tour / engagement that Elvis played :D

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:39 am

iamhekev wrote:1972...

Good"s news there...wonder what the song line up will be,mmm.

Could it be something like this:

Also Sprach Zarathustra
See See Rider
Johnny B. Goode
Until It's Time For You To Go
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
Polk Salad Annie
What Now My Love
Fever
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Heartbreak Hotel
All Shook Up
Love Me Tender
Hound Dog
Walk That Lonesome Road [J.D Sumner & The Stamps]
I'll Remember You
Suspicious Minds
[band introductions]
My Way
A Big Hunk O' Love
You Gave Me A Mountain
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Can't Help Falling In Love

or this:

2001 Theme / C, C Rider / Johnny B.Goode / Until It's Time For You To Go / You Don't Have To Say You Love Me / Polk Salad Annie / What Now My Love / Fever / Love Me / Blue Suede Shoes / Heartbreak Hotel / All Shook Up / Ave. Marie(part) / Hound Dog / I'll Remember You / "Walk That Lonesome Road" The Stamps / Suspicious Minds / Introductions / A Big Hunk O'Love / You Gave Me A Mountain / Mystery Train - Tiger Man / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

or will it simply be:

C.C. Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Proud Mary / Until It's Time For You To Go / You've Lost That Loving Feeling / Polk Salad Annie / What Now My Love / Fever / Love Me / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / Heartbreak Hotel / Blue Suede Shoes / Little Sister - Get Back / Hound Dog / It's Over / Suspicious Minds / Introductions / My Way / A Big Hunk Of Love / American Trilogy / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:30 am

I thought they were going to ease off of the soundboards for a while.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:07 am

The shows from Aug 72 are great. Any of them would be welcome from my point of view. I would like to see a show from about the 12th onward as Elvis had the flu the first week and was not quite up to snuff. I would also like to see a soundboard or audience cut of Steamroller Blues from this engagement added to the cd. It has a different arrangement and is quite funky.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:53 am

The song line-up from the midnight show from the 26th looks good to me.

2001 Theme
C, C Rider
Johnny B.Goode
Until It's Time For You To Go
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
You've Lost That Loving Feeling
Polk Salad Annie
What Now My Love
Fever
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Heartbreak Hotel
All Shook Up
Little Sister/Get Back
Love Me Tender
Hound Dog
I'll Remember You
Walk That Lonesome Road by The Stamps
Suspicious Minds
Introductions
For The Good Times
A Big Hunk O'Love
I Can't Stop Loving You
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Can't Help Falling In Love
Closing Vamp

Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:59 am

Thanks for the info Ivan! It will be a great CD for sure!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:15 am

My first choice would be a February 1972 show. However, another August show works for me.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:38 am

I've been waiting, I assume many others here have to, for a 1972 show for a long time...

Bring it on FTD... :D

I jus hope they clean it up, remaster it properly and don't sacrifice the sound.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:23 am

Somehow I think it's gonna be 08/04 OS or a show that has something special in it. Why not 08/22 MS? That was the show where Tom Jones was in the Audience ...

Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:32 am

I have never heard a show from late 1972, so this is really exciting news to me. If "Walk That Lonesome Road" is included in the setlist, then please include it on the CD, too, Ernst!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:35 am

Unfortunately Elvis gave a lot of mediocre concerts after his big success in June of that year. I hope that Ernst will not have to put a puzzle of different concert parts together to create the illusion of a perfect show (like with other releases, n'est ce-pas Ernst? :wink: )

However with no doubt FTD will bring us another great CD!

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:01 pm

Well this'll be another must have. So I better go and earn some more money.....

Jules

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:55 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Soundboard?? Yuck. Another $25.00 saved.

With all due respect, Jerry, you're on record for repeatedly saying you gladly shell out for each "new" love song compilation, and yet you trash FTD soundboards while relishing their movie soundtracks... :!: :shock:

It takes all kinds! :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:56 pm

According to Sessions 3 it looks like only the two shows from the 11th and the two shows on the 4th were recorded. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:09 pm

I have all the FTD Soundboards and Concert Discs in my concert collection, I bought them all and they are worth every penny I had to pay.

However, if FTD should decide to release a show from August 11 which already exists on Import, they cut into their own legs. I doubt they are gonna do that, because they should realise that it is the same people buying import CDs that also buy the rather expensive FTD releases.

I have been and still am very loyal to FTD. As long as they bring us new releases, I will never in my wildest dream get a CD-R of such a publication or trade for it, because I want to be as legal as possible and I want them to be paid for their work. If they however change this policy, I too will have to go over this "honour codex".

Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:34 pm

They should go for the closing show, September 4th. 1972 IMO. This is the only unreleased soundboard from this Vegas season as far as I know. Both shows from August 11th. (Blazing Into The Darkness and Elvis At Full Blast) and the dinner show from September 4th (I´ll Remember You, wrongly dated as being from the dinner show on August 15th. 1972) have been bootlegged a long time ago.

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:28 pm

Anything that's bootlegged only is still "unreleased", officially anyway.

For those of us who have a whale of time locating imports, we welcome the continuing role out of FTDs, as long as they have not been on RCA/BMG.

The point, if I've read right, is that FTD plans to showcase each season, so representive shows will see release. If this overlaps any boots, so be it.

Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:04 am

Gregory: I knew my post would get a rise out of you. Glad to see you're still here. As you've said before I have very definite tastes. That's not going to change. As for the movies: I was 10 when Elvis made GI Blues
and 19 when Change Of Habit was released. The movie years is when I grew up. Nothing made a bigger impression on me than seeing Elvis on the big screen. Each time I watch one of the movies or listen to one of the soundtracks a flood of great memories come back about those times that I can't attach to any other period of my life. Siily? Perhaps. Looking back at life through rose colored glasses? Probably. But we all do that.
I love the movies and their soundtracks(not that they were all great) for reasons that go beyond the music and that's just the way it is.