All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:59 am

quasar3 wrote:
carolynlm wrote:I do know that most of the people of the US hold their Presidents in the highest regard, . . .

Not discerning freethinkers.

Voila! The chip on your shoulder finally reveals itself. There are many "free-thinker" websites I'd be happy to recommend to you, which may help to cheer you, rather than burdening you with pictures and info. on EP here, which will keep getting under your skin. Feel free to PM me anytime.

quasar3 wrote:not to mention your sheer rudeness

btw, what's rude about pointing out the chip, dear? No need to take all your frustrations out on Carolyn. After all, you should be one jolly fellow-- not grumpy--since you "met" Nixon and "knew" the Presleys personally. Wow!

You're killing me Quasi-fan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:40 pm

carolynlm wrote:Don't patronise me, you know absolutley nothing about me.....if your attitude toward other members of this board is anything to go by, you are truely a sad character...and I can only feel sorry for your obvious lack of social skills. I will not continue this discussion with you, you are rude and obnoxious and I will not allow you to drag me down to your level.

:lol:

:roll:

I don't know which emoticon is more appropriate in reply to you.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:42 pm

Net wrote:You're killing me Quasi-fan! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The degree of silliness borders on absurdity.

You guys are spinning the tales . . . spinning . . . spinning.
And you're doing it on your own.

:lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:56 pm

quasar3 wrote:(Btw, his visit was viewed as a joke by the insiders at the WH.)

That's not how Bud Krogh discribes Elvis's visit in Channel 4's excellent "The King Meets The President" documentary!

He describes their surprise and disbelief.

I think you've misconstrued "The joke" aspect of the visit,the staff,or "insiders" thought it was joke being pulled on them by other staff members,they didn't think Elvis was a joke.that's why one of the staff wrote on a memo "You must be kidding".

Here's what Dwight Chapin,and Bud Krogh,and Jeff Donfeld had to say about it in the documentary,

DC..."I read it,( Elvis's letter) and then I called Bud Krogh,who was in charge of the...on the domestic council,and in charge of the drug programme for the President,I called Bud and said "I have a letter here from the King"...and Bud...wonders,you know,"The King of what"?

BK..."So I said "King who"?.......there aren't any Kings on the Presidents schedule today,and he (Dwight) said "No,not just any two bit King,the king,the King of Rock,Elvis Presley's right here"......Erm......Now when I first heard this from Dwight Chapin,I didn't believe it....Dwight and I belong to a group of White House staff people who were very close friends,we regularly played jokes on each other,and I thought that this was an elaborate practical joke that Dwight was playing on me"

JD..."None of us could believe it was true!"...and once we became aware that in fact it was true,the brains started rolling in terms of what do we do to best take advantage of this opportunity"

Elvis was not being mocked in any way.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:49 pm

Quasar, it's the affectation of superiority (you're a "freethinker"while presumably we are all provincials, anyone who respects the office of the President is a rube because they don't know better like you , an adherence to Biblical studies is a sign of a stunted intellect .....unlike yours. blahblahblah), that renders you nothing more than a nettlesome sideshow to most.

You may well have opinions and insights worth examining , but they are effectively buried beneath the contempt you display towards the members of this MB . Your people skills are atrocious.

I suspect ( in the face of growing confirmation that this is indeed the attitude you display) that you comfort yourself with your conviction that you are misunderstood because we are unable to grasp your profound musings. Self deception can be a warm blanket against the chill winds of reality, n'est ce pas??

Rest assured, that in the time that this MB has evolved and grown into the pre-eminent site of its kind in the Elvis world, ( to paraphrase the Man himself) "We've had a hundred just like you.......but don't be blue.....there'll be a thousand 'fore we're through" :wink: ).
I hope you will reconsider your approach. Vying for the office of Board Pariah will negate any contributions you might have made, and will make your presence here little more than a waste of all our time.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:43 am

[quote="quasar3"]The degree of silliness borders on absurdity.[quote]

Hmmm....impressive.....self diagnosis now is it ?

A word in your shell like.

See, I got this thing going on here which I intend never ever to abuse. For better or worse I'm an admin. You may laugh, maybe as hard as I did, but it is true. I've been watching and following you and I've thought, "hmmmm.....not exactly mainstream posting, but each to his own". So that was that.

But, even if you believe what you say and are sincere in your approach, just be careful you don't push it too far coz I might wanna start playing with some of the buttons next to your name, the red color ones.

Carry on, as you were, I just wanted to introdcue myself, that's all. :wink:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:39 am

Scatter wrote:the contempt you display towards the members of this MB . Your people skills are atrocious.

Direct that statement to the hateful, unfriendly posters on this forum; the rep of this forum is evidently well-deserved.

little more than a waste of all our time.

You would know more about that than anyone.
Your writings are a trifle boring; long, drawn-out, predictable.
A long yawn in the form of paragraphs.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:58 am

And your posts are not?

Think again...

that is, if you can manage to see thru your clouded mind and misguided thoughts!

Have a lovely Day!!! :D

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:13 am

Scatter wrote:
I suspect ( in the face of growing confirmation that this is indeed the attitude you display) that you comfort yourself with your conviction that you are misunderstood because we are unable to grasp your profound musings. Self deception can be a warm blanket against the chill winds of reality, n'est ce pas??

Excellent post, really insightful Scatter---keep 'em coming!!

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:50 pm

Dan_T wrote:

That's not how Bud Krogh discribes Elvis's visit in Channel 4's excellent "The King Meets The President" documentary!

I think you've misconstrued "The joke" aspect of the visit,the staff,or "insiders" thought it was joke being pulled on them by other staff members,they didn't think Elvis was a joke.that's why one of the staff wrote on a memo "You must be kidding".

Here's what Dwight Chapin,and Bud Krogh,and Jeff Donfeld had to say about it in the documentary,

DC..."I read it,( Elvis's letter) and then I called Bud Krogh,who was in charge of the...on the domestic council,and in charge of the drug programme for the President,I called Bud and said "I have a letter here from the King"...and Bud...wonders,you know,"The King of what"?

BK..."So I said "King who"?.......there aren't any Kings on the Presidents schedule today,and he (Dwight) said "No,not just any two bit King,the king,the King of Rock,Elvis Presley's right here"......Erm......Now when I first heard this from Dwight Chapin,I didn't believe it....Dwight and I belong to a group of White House staff people who were very close friends,we regularly played jokes on each other,and I thought that this was an elaborate practical joke that Dwight was playing on me"

JD..."None of us could believe it was true!"...and once we became aware that in fact it was true,the brains started rolling in terms of what do we do to best take advantage of this opportunity"

Seems like a terrific documentary.
Thanks for taking the time and posting this interesting bit.
Have you ever read Bud Krogh's book?

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:58 pm

quasar3 wrote:
Scatter wrote:the contempt you display towards the members of this MB . Your people skills are atrocious.

Direct that statement to the hateful, unfriendly posters on this forum; the rep of this forum is evidently well-deserved.

Scatter's posts have been far more eloquent than anything I have read by you. I suspect that as time goes on and your warped feelings of superiority grow, fewer people will read your posts. No great loss.

And well said, Carolyn!

Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:31 am

quasar3 wrote:

My,MY......perhaps this is an example of the incisive analysis you deign to offer us. All it lacks is the classic "I know you are, but what am I?", or the ever poular "NYAAA NYAAAA!!". We await your next monosyllabic literary grunt with eager expectation :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:49 am

I was just hoping to get you to talk to me anyway, my little Outback Baby :wink:

Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:47 pm

Quasar is just trying to annoy people. He has proven he does not know much about Elvis. Relax.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:25 am

He definitely knows nothing, that's why he's always talking through his arrse!

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:59 am

He hasn't replied since Monday! Has he been banned?

Not before time :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:38 pm

To Quasar3......

Okay Charlie Hodge, no-one thinks you're funny anymore.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:42 pm

Melanie wrote:
Dan_T wrote:

Seems like a terrific documentary.
Thanks for taking the time and posting this interesting bit.
Have you ever read Bud Krogh's book?

I agree. It sounds like a terrific documentary.

I have read Bud Krogh's book.
I have found it to be among the best books written about the meeting.

Tom (from Ohio)

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:53 pm

and here is jerry shilling himself, telling the story.
i-hope-you-have-a-little-fun-with-this-one, the white house rock:

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-4404362265060419575&q=elvis+nixon

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:56 pm

That domentary was the best I've seen of this remarkable episode in Elvis' life, making great use of the photo's from the time, and interview footage with anyone who was there.

Does anyone have a copy of this they'd be willing to sell me?

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:19 pm

DarrylMac wrote:That domentary was the best I've seen of this remarkable episode in Elvis' life, making great use of the photo's from the time, and interview footage with anyone who was there.

why not loading it down from this very site, darrylmac? :smt115

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:36 pm

DarrylMac wrote:That domentary was the best I've seen of this remarkable episode in Elvis' life, making great use of the photo's from the time, and interview footage with anyone who was there.

The video was awesome, thanks Christopher. I love the way Jerry Schilling treats EP with such respect, it's always nice to listen to him speak.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:47 pm

So did quasar3 get banned?

I'm sure many of us would like to know.

Chris

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:13 am

sorry - i might be being thick here, but where is the channel 4 documentary posted on this site? I've never noticed it before...

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:17 am

Christopher - I just followed the link you posted. It's interesting, but I'm after the whole Channel 4 programme - it was much longer than 10 minutes in it's orginal form.

Thanks though.