All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm

James27 wrote:Member "Me": what you say about June Carter Cash is ridiculous. She was an incredible woman, both on stage and in private.

For her the lifelong love of her husband and their marriage was ultimately more important than some occasional marital missteps by Johnny. You have to admire her for that, she understood the true priorities in life.

Loyalty isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing if the partner is worth taking the trouble for. June obviously thought Johnny was worth it. :)

Apparently Priscilla didn't think Elvis was worth it.

Till Death Do You Part wedding vow (spoken "before God" traditionally) is something to exemplify and I admire marriages that honor that vow. I like to see them last for the long haul.

Johnny and June....yes.

Paul and Linda....yes.

Elvis and Cilla..... yes sure whatever. :roll:

As a mate, Linda offered Paul so much worth holding onto.

Same with June and Johnny.

But what did Priscilla ultimately offer Elvis to qualify her as the best choice for a mate?
It wasn't talent. No music ability. No singing. No songwriting.
Just virginity?
Is that it; that all???
That's ironically the only difference compared to the "musician marriages" referred to above.

I can never recall anyone ever syaing a derogatory comment about Johnny Cash at his passing. He garnered so much respect. No one mocks him or the love of his live. No one dresses like Cash impersonators and stupid stuff like that.

Elvis gets knocked around right and left and mocked and lampooned, and portrayed with glaring faults and violent rages - and lest we forget Priscilla (circa 1980s) exclusively contributed to that!
Thanks honey.

You're still no June....or Linda.
and you're no widow.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:12 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:Elvis gets knocked around right and left and mocked and lampooned, and portrayed with glaring faults and violent rages - and lest we forget Priscilla (circa 1980s) exclusively contributed to that!

Exclusively? I never realised she had so many pseudonyms!

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:47 pm

Not "exclusive" as only one.

There were many sitcoms and comedians and assorted media tripe mocking Elvis since his death.

Priscilla certainly contributed to the destruction of Elvis' image with her "exclusive" 1980s tell-all trash.

"exclusive" refers to = she was a special insider giving the world an "exclusive" about how Elvis was a dopepusher, flashlight flinger, abuser, and rapist.

He should've stayed away from her to begin with. 14 yr old? Go away.
"Go play with your dolls" - like he tells that chick in FIA movie.

He'd been better off marrying June Juanico.

I understand June has been married to one man, to this day, and probably will be til death do they part.
That's love and devotion.

2 words Priscilla doesn't understand.

But Mrs. Garabladi --- err, whatever she is....
she's no June Carter Cash,
and she's no Linda McCartney
and she isn't Elvis' widow.

but she's a wonderful CEO on his behalf. :twisted:
That's what's most important.

Revenue and revisionist

2 words she masters.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:05 pm

I can never recall anyone ever syaing a derogatory comment about Johnny Cash at his passing. He garnered so much respect. No one mocks him or the love of his live. No one dresses like Cash impersonators and stupid stuff like that.

Elvis gets knocked around right and left and mocked and lampooned, and portrayed with glaring faults and violent rages - and lest we forget Priscilla (circa 1980s) exclusively contributed to that!
Thanks honey.

and you're no widow.

You make some good points, Gardener :idea: :!: Couldn't Elvis have at least been afforded some of the dignity of old Sun label-mate Johnny Cash, who was certainly no angel? I won't glamorize his sins (as I'm sure you are not), but Priscilla's '80s Elvis-bashing was totally opportunistic. EBTP is an attempt to step away from that, but some fans have long memories. :wink:

And of course, RCA/BMG could have decided to give the Presley catalog some of the respect given to Cash as well.

The fan-base and starpower wattage being a major point of difference, of course. Elvis' fans / fanatics are quite possibly the reason we continue to have some embarrassing releases.
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:21 pm

Thanks Gregory.
It's very true - there is a cottage industry for make-fun-of-Elvis but none of that occurs with Johnny (and of course shouldn't)

But the world doesn't afford Elvis much diginity.

Even in his lifetime, his manager didn't. His label didn't.
His wife didn't.

and as soon as he's in the ground, and Vernon buried too, she's cashing in on that "Presley" name she hung onto and writes a tell-all tome and turns the mansion into a money-making museum, complete with souvenir trinkets across the street.

It's a nice place to visit, sure,
but she expects high praise for what she's done for Elvis?
She's above criticism?
Larry King will kiss her butt and give her softball questions. To quote Ger Rijiff : yawn

that recent Elvis two-part movie on CBS was a rehash - for those of us with long memories - of let's feel sorry for how Priscilla was treated
(re: placidill sleep scene inserted in the script for sake of new generation watching who missed that same scene in her 80s tv-bio)

She seduces him in the 1960s.
She breaks his heart in the 1970s.
She tears him down in the 1980s.
then rebuilds him in the 2000s.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:24 pm

I wonder where Lisa Marie is in all of this sometimes.

One gets the feeling that she's stuck up for her father over the years -but not enough to stop "Mrs. Presley."

The LK show with 'Cilla was a new low, the more I think about it.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:27 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:

Thanks honey.

and you're no widow.

You make some good points, Gardener :idea: :!: Couldn't Elvis have at least been afforded some of the dignity of old Sun label-mate Johnny Cash, who was certainly no angel? I won't glamorize his sins (as I'm sure you are not), but Priscilla's '80s Elvis-bashing was totally opportunistic. EBTP is an attempt to step away from that, but some fans have long memories. :wink:

And of course, RCA/BMG could also afford the Presley catalog some of the respect given to Cash as well.

I think for these same reasons, we fans have a hard time excepting the fact that Sonny West' is now jumping on the "positive side of EP". A lot of us remember that hot summer of 77 when "Elvis, what happened" came out. What bugs me the most, when Elvis' legacy was being shredded by creeps like the Goldman's, quasar3 etc, where was Priscilla and West then to defend his legacy and all he gave and contributed to this world?

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:31 pm

The thing about West is that he seems to be genuinely torn about it, somehow. I don't know. Anyone who has ever known a self-destructive person knows what this can be like.

But Priscilla? Seems less sincere.

Both get an "F."

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:37 pm

Note the strange duplicity -

Priscilla sued Col. Parker over how he exploited Elvis.

But she in turn, asks Parker for advice on how exploit Elvis herself.

The whole business model of EPE is Parkerisms.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:46 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:He'd been better off marrying June Juanico.

I understand June has been married to one man, to this day, and probably will be til death do they part.

Maybe the fact that June's "one man" is not Elvis Presley is key in keeping them together.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:41 pm

Spellbinder wrote:
Graceland Gardener wrote:He'd been better off marrying June Juanico.

Maybe the fact that June's "one man" is not Elvis Presley is key in keeping them together.

June has been divorced for quite a while now - since before Last Train From Memphis.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:57 am

Priscilla Presley HAS PROBLEMS! No doubt! Here we have an exwife that left Elvis for another man, Mike Stone and had a host of other lovers and live ins. Priscilla thinks she has morals? Who is she kidding? No right to run Elvis in the ground with her continual BS! Let's see, Priscilla leaves Elvis for another man and says she can not live Elvis's life style anymore. She KEEPS the Presley name but has another child with another live in. The entire time she states she is trying to get on with another life (with out Elvis), however, Priscilla is doing just the opposite.Acts as though she and Elvis never got a divorce and as though she was with him til his death. Priscilla has made A JOKE of herself! No wonder she has those Joker Lips! In trying to look 30, she has made herself look just what she is. A BIG CHEAP JOKE! It has all been about money with Priscilla. What about that boy she had? Is he still alive? Never hear anything about him other then he got picked up for Magic Mushrooms a year or so ago. He obviously has problems too. Poor kid! Looks like she failed as a Mother twice. Is this boy's father still living with Priscilla? No mention of him either. There is something totally amiss here with Priscilla. I think she needs help in a big way! I am not wasting my money on her BS book and DVD!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:16 pm

G G -

The wedding vows give a couple the chance to make a sworn commitment to each other, in front of friends and family.

I'm sure most really mean it, at the time.

But the years pass and people grow older and change.

Seems silly to insist everyone remains true to those vows in perpetuity.