All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:05 pm

I saw the show, and it was more of the same stuff from Priscilla, in my opinion.

Was it just me, or did she refer to Marion Cocke as "Miriam"? A caller phoned to ask Priscilla if she still stays in touch with any of the group from years earlier (the caller referred to Elvis's nurse), and I swear Priscilla called her "Miriam" twice. She made it sound as if she was still very close to many of the staffers, but getting her name wrong speaks otherwise.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:28 pm

KHoots wrote:I saw the show, and it was more of the same stuff from Priscilla, in my opinion.

Was it just me, or did she refer to Marion Cocke as "Miriam"? A caller phoned to ask Priscilla if she still stays in touch with any of the group from years earlier (the caller referred to Elvis's nurse), and I swear Priscilla called her "Miriam" twice. She made it sound as if she was still very close to many of the staffers, but getting her name wrong speaks otherwise.

I didn't get to see it but who were the names she mentioned?

Mrs. McComb in Tupelo any time you speak to her (now mind you she is getting up in years) swears, Priscilla and Lisa Marie calls her every month to check on her....spoke to her a few weeks ago, and Priscilla had just called her the night before..... :roll:

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:07 am

KHoots wrote:I saw the show, and it was more of the same stuff from Priscilla, in my opinion.

She did say that twice like you said; if you want to be technical, lol, it was like a cross between the two---she said "Mary-um" twice. :D
Had I been the nurse who'd been taking care of Elvis, I'd like my name pronounced correctly too.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:08 am

SouthPaw wrote:I didn't get to see it but who were the names she mentioned?

She referred to Marion a couple times, and then stated that Jeanelle(?) McComb was "like a member of the family" and that she remains in contact with her sztill also.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:21 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:"Trout pout"! :shock:

Now that's what was weird about her face. That unmoving, painted-on upper lip!

She looks like the Joker from Batman.

That said, I actually thought she looked better than in most other recent appearances, including EBTP. It's like that lower face puffiness has calmed down a little. In fact, I dare say she looked quite attractive. Still has very attractive eyes and her hairstyle is very feminine, especially that hand-motion removing it from her face on occasion. Add in the fact that she doesn't talk like a 3-pack a day "Blanche," but rather still has a feminine, high-voice, and she came off pretty good. One could easily forget she's a year from turning 60.

I believe she turned 60 in May. While PB is feminine, due to her stature and features (however plasticized now), her hair, imo, is awful - that horrid red mixed tone looks like she tried to color it herself in a hit and miss fashion and then ran out of the mix. And those stringy thin strands - certainly with her money, she can afford some sort of flattering solution for the problem of aging, thinning hair.

The "hand-motion removing it from her face" appears as a robotic gesture.

But that's neither here nor there. Her voice also becomes grating, especially hearing her platitudes about Elvis. She called him a "role model" by my count about 3-4 times, which even for me I think is a bit rich. I can imagine the Elvis-haters jumping on that.

I'm not an "Elvis-hater" but her calling him a role model or saying he was a good husband is ridiculous.

Also, I just think perhaps there's been too much Elvis on "Larry King" - that is, as long as they are going to mainly use stock newsreel footage (that's all it was) and a few movie scenes and standard A.P. stills.
The risk is run that people run out of things to say about Elvis and just ends up sounding hollow. You get the distinct feeling that the EP gravy train is slowing down, especially on the slower-paced, geriatic-oriented Larry King show, never mind that I generally like the show.

That's right, except that LK is a gruff old bore.

It got to the point where Larry actually asked her about whether they ever would have gotten back together in his later years or even if he was alive today. I thought it was a rather nice turn around, and of course, she had to be coy....

She's either going through some sort of later years emotional regret thing or she's just taking full advantage now for all it's worth before no one cares anymore.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:57 am

quasar3 wrote:

I believe she turned 60 in May. While PB is feminine, due to her stature and features (however plasticized now), her hair, imo, is awful - that horrid red mixed tone looks like she tried to color it herself in a hit and miss fashion and then ran out of the mix. And those stringy thin strands - certainly with her money, she can afford some sort of flattering solution for the problem of aging, thinning hair.

The "hand-motion removing it from her face" appears as a robotic gesture.

Hey, I'm ready to climb back onto the anti-Priscilla brigade as quick as anyone. I was trying to say the glass was half-full.

re:
I'm not an "Elvis-hater" but her calling him a role model or saying he was a good husband is ridiculous.

Here, here. But a man who has been married 8 times (no lie) maybe shouldn't broach that topic...

In any event, more programing like this (both my wife and I grew restless and we're Elvis fans), and maybe it is time to give the King's court a rest.

Judge for yourselves -here's the show transcript link:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... kl.01.html

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:36 am

Those in attendance at the 25th anniversary concert in Memphis will recall that Cilla made special mention of "Miriam Cox."

Last night's performance proved this was no slip of the tongue. Makes you wonder if Marian Cocke was as close to EP as she claims, or if it's The Widow that is far more distant than she appears.

As for Ms. McComb, last time I saw her she was carrying a Fedex envelope containing an autographed photo of The Widow.

At least she gets HER name right.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:59 am

What I found particularly amusing was the print on the screen that said: "Exclusive" - how many "exclusive" interviews can she give?

Funniest of all, Larry King thanked her for "coming forward" - Oh yes, the mystery woman is revealed, after all these years, Priscilla Ann Beaulieu, self-professed Queen to the King faces a curious public and . . . tells . . . for the first time . . . HER story . . . the REAL story. The whole thing is ridiculous. :roll:

Aside from that, the word "creepy" immediately came to mind when watching the interview. That awful red hair, washed out skin color, the cosmetic surgery, purely for self-absorbed vanity, that has stretched and distorted her mouth, and the Botox frozen forehead . . . You have to wonder how she would have aged had she left things alone and been more natural in her appearance - she clearly is obssessed. There is something bad-vibe, negative, uncomfortable about PB. She appears ill at ease in interviews, uses the same gestures, and at times, comes across as knowing about as much about EP as any of the long-time, well-read, dedicated fan with keen perceptions who knows his music, the movies, and the concerts.
Last edited by quasar3 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:17 am

If I had called, and got thru, I would ask her:

Can you sing?

to which she would probably go: uh uh what? Sing?

Yeh. Mrs. Presley, can you sing? Did you ever sing with Elvis?

And whether he answer was yes, or no,
I'd smarmly reply:

Well, it's too bad you and Elvis couldn't be like a Johnny & June.

Now there was a married couple experiencing true love and lifelong devotion and mutual talent.

Some couples have it. Some couples don't.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:29 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:If I had called, and got thru, I would ask her:

[Well, it's too bad you and Elvis couldn't be like a Johnny & June.

Now there was a married couple experiencing true love and lifelong devotion and mutual talent.

Some couples have it. Some couples don't.

That's because June Carter was a selfless family matriarch who stood by her husband with unfailing support, through infidelities and substance abuse, and came out a winner with a strong marriage.
Call Priscilla what you want, but the term selfless and matriarchal don't come to mind ... more like selfish and opportunisitic.
She tells everyone from Larry King to Tony Danza that she left Elvis to have her own life ... yet everytime I see her, she's living vicariously through Elvis' legend ... she's no June Carter, that's for sure.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:19 am

TCB TED wrote:She tells everyone from Larry King to Tony Danza that she left Elvis to have her own life ... yet everytime I see her, she's living vicariously through Elvis' legend

She does completely contradict herself in this, you're right on. Certainly she gone way ahead of her initial desire to "save her daughter's inheritance." :roll:

But I do think that she has helped to grow a new fan base (not that E.P. needed oneof course), and you have to admire her unfailing positive reflections of her ex-. This episode did seem like a re-run of past interviews she's given Larry King, but one of the best parts was the longer clip (than what was on EBTP) of her coming downstairs, in the green outfit, crying and Elvis hugging her---It is super coverage of EP---really seemed candid.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:08 pm

"...til death do you part."

Priscilla certainly had no intention of living up to that vow.

There were far too many handsome bachelor attorneys and karate instructors for her to go out and sample like a stud buffet.

Ted, that's a great bumpersticker line:

PRISCILLA PRESLEY...SHE'S NO JUNE CARTER CASH

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:15 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:Looks like she has herpes blisters on her lips.

Graceland Gardener wrote:It's Colonel Parker with a vagina.

Archived in the "FECC Quotations not to be missed" section. :wink:

Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:03 pm

Steve, what an honor.

I'm humbled. :oops:

I heard the prize is getting to said kiss herpes-looking botox lips :shock:

I think for that, I'd need to have the hi-fi high and lights down low!

:lol:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:31 pm

Steve_M wrote:
Graceland Gardener wrote:Looks like she has herpes blisters on her lips.

Graceland Gardener wrote:It's Colonel Parker with a vagina.

Archived in the "FECC Quotations not to be missed" section. :wink:

As they should be!

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:06 pm

If Priscilla had gone on Larry King and told the truth that Elvis was a lousy husband and a part time father then Elvis fans would be upset because she was "demeaning" him. But when she says he was a good husband and good father she is called a liar and white washer. Do people want her to tell the truth or not? You can't have it both ways. Sheila Ryan and Joyce Bova have also talked about Elvis being turned off by women who had given birth. I don't think it was Priscilla's imagination or the fact that Elvis was just not in love with her anymore. Elvis and millions of other men have proved you don't have to be in love with a woman to have sex with her.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:00 pm

"Me": you make a good point, but how about a happy medium between extremes? Simple decorum calls for it.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:12 pm

Me wrote:If Priscilla had gone on Larry King and told the truth that Elvis was a lousy husband and a part time father then Elvis fans would be upset because she was "demeaning" him. But when she says he was a good husband and good father she is called a liar and white washer. Do people want her to tell the truth or not? You can't have it both ways. Sheila Ryan and Joyce Bova have also talked about Elvis being turned off by women who had given birth. I don't think it was Priscilla's imagination or the fact that Elvis was just not in love with her anymore. Elvis and millions of other men have proved you don't have to be in love with a woman to have sex with her.

Point taken, 'Cilla. Oops! I mean, "Me." :wink:

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:32 pm

By the way, why should June Carter be praised for staying by Johnny Cash through all of his cheating? A woman with any self respect would not do that.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:54 am

Yes, she says wonderful things about him...now.

It was a different story when she wrote her book, and especially when she turned the book into a movie.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:22 am

Member "Me": what you say about June Carter Cash is ridiculous. She was an incredible woman, both on stage and in private.

For her the lifelong love of her husband and their marriage was ultimately more important than some occasional marital missteps by Johnny. You have to admire her for that, she understood the true priorities in life.

What's wrong with a woman standing by her man? Feminists and business outlets (women magazines, commercials, talk shows etc.) have shouted for years that women should take nothing from their men, should be critical and bossy, while men should take everything thrown at them and never, E-V-E-R complain... What a load of crap.

Result: broken relationships and more single unhappy and confused women (and men) than ever before in modern history.

Loyalty isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing if the partner is worth taking the trouble for. June obviously thought Johnny was worth it. :)

Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:45 am

Me wrote:By the way, why should June Carter be praised for staying by Johnny Cash through all of his cheating? A woman with any self respect would not do that.

I didn't mean to infer that she was a weak, passive, emotionally abused woman who mindlessly watched over a philandering spouse.
I'm sure she fought like a tiger with her man, the point being it was worth it in the end ... June and Johnny grew old together, and he couldn't live without her.
There's something to be said for a woman who believes her marriage is worth saving ... its old school perhaps, but the proof is undenialbe in that they were together in their golden years.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:24 am

Me wrote:By the way, why should June Carter be praised for staying by Johnny Cash through all of his cheating? A woman with any self respect would not do that.

Would a woman with any self respect sleep with a man knowing he is married? I always get a kick out of a woman talking about a cheating man. Who did he cheat with? Chances are...it was a woman.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:04 am

Speaking about Cilla, It might be interesting for some of you to read this story:
Please go to:www.tracyskarate.com and click on the story: How a black gi brought about elvis presley,s divorce
Sorry, I tried to post the link but it didn,t work.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:34 am

http://www.tracyskarate.com/Stories/Elvis%20black%20gi!.htm