All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Priscilla On Larry King tonight

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:43 am

Did anyone catch this show? I just happen to catch the last half while flipping channels. This was a new show and not a repeat I believe. It said it was live. It only had Pris and showed some others from the EBTP dvd. It airs again at 12 midnight eastern time.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:11 am

Yea, I saw it, it was a new show tonght.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:11 am

I caught a bit of it .... Priscilla is a true revisionist of recent history. I believe she remained married to Elvis until 1977, and is his widow.
At least, that's the vision she leaves us with. Larry can ask a question pertaining to any year from 1972 onwards, and Pris has the answer, as though she never left Graceland.
On the divorce, she mentions that Elvis and the boys carried on as bachelors, and she had ethical and moral issues with the behaviour of some of the married guys.
Uh, was Mike Stone a gay confidant, or was he not engaged in these same activities with Pris .... yep, revisionistic hindsight . I don't know that I believe that whole "Elvis took me by force" disclosure, either. She will sacrifice Elvis' behaviour if it improves her image, so who knows what embelishments she has made.
Even that whole madonna thing, where Elvis wouldn't touch her after she gave birth, might have a different spin. Perhaps they were having marital issues and he'd simply fallen out of love with her ... either way, there are certain things that the general public doesn't need to hear.
I prefer Larry's interviews with Linda Thompson ... at least she still looks like Linda Thompson.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:06 am

Tell it like it is Ted.

Looks like she has herpes blisters on her lips.

Insanity of Vanity.
what is that fat-lip surgery women do nowadays? Makes them uglier, gives them a creature from the black lagoon mouth.

Happened to Gennifer Flowers, Dolly Parton, and now Elvis' ex-wife.

Notice the Elvis Radio logo on her coffeecup strategically aimed at camera.

Hawks them products lady!

I bet she checks the monitor often to make sure she keeps it faced the right way after setting it down after each sip.

It's Colonel Parker with a vagina.

That's all she is. With a personal vendetta and corporate mandate to be the one who exclusively tells the Elvis story.

She walked out and killed Elvis in a way. Yet now she spends her time trying to resussitate him....image wise, and trademark wise.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:12 am

GG, LMAO... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In many ways, (IMO), A very true statement! :roll:

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:57 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:Notice the Elvis Radio logo on her coffeecup strategically aimed at camera.

Hawk them products lady!

I must admit that this is rather unsettling.

She also embellishes her relationship with Elvis even more as time goes by. Tonight she states that she went to his Vegas concerts "all the time", "both shows all the way through". That can't be possible by all accounts.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:11 am

I dont have any problems with her, sure I dont like some things she has done, but I do appeciate her saving the estate. Shes not perfect, Elvis wasnt perfect.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:50 am

Besides that stiff upper lip thing she has going on (trout pout), i think she looks very good for an oldtimer.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:26 pm

It is good to hear the story from someone who was closer to Elvis than anybody else in the world. And it is positive publicity for Elvis unlike the tell all books that generated negative publicity.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:27 pm

I watched it and I liked her....Hey! they showed a film from the Army days that I never saw in my life... you guys know where I can find it??

Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:37 pm

I was flipping the channels too when I saw Elvis singing Let Yourself Go in the movie Speedway. I was watching a soccer game, but when I saw Elvis on Larry King, I didn´t watch the game anymore.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In a nutshell, I enjoyed very much the interview and I think it´s a good opportunity of promoting EBTP.

ps: Graceland Gardener--> I agree with you!! :wink:

Best Regards
Marco Aurelio

Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:55 pm

[quote="Graceland Gardener"]Tell it like it is Ted.

That's just not right .... I was thinkin' The Snowman with Breasts!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:06 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:It's Colonel Parker with a vagina.

Thanks alot GG. Now I'm going to have to skip lunch!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:18 pm

Ezz wrote:Besides that stiff upper lip thing she has going on (trout pout), i think she looks very good for an oldtimer.

"Trout pout"! :shock:

Now that's what was weird about her face. That unmoving, painted-on upper lip!

That said, I actually thought she looked better than in most other recent appearances, including EBTP. It's like that lower face puffiness has calmed down a little. In fact, I dare say she looked quite attractive. Still has very attractive eyes and her hairstyle is very feminine, especially that hand-motion removing it from her face on occasion. Add in the fact that she doesn't talk like a 3-pack a day "Blanche," but rather still has a feminine, high-voice, and she came off pretty good. One could easily forget she's a year from turning 60.

But that's neither here nor there. Her voice also becomes grating, especially hearing her platitudes about Elvis. She called him a "role model" by my count about 3-4 times, which even for me I think is a bit rich. I can imagine the Elvis-haters jumping on that.

Also, I just think perhaps there's been too much Elvis on "Larry King" - that is, as long as they are going to mainly use stock newsreel footage (that's all it was) and a few movie scenes and standard A.P. stills.
The risk is run that people run out of things to say about Elvis and just ends up sounding hollow. You get the distinct feeling that the EP gravy train is slowing down, especially on the slower-paced, geriatic-oriented Larry King show, never mind that I generally like the show.

Now, play more footage of the man himself (they sampled only brief stuff from EBTP) and then you have a real show! Enough with the talking heads!

Gardener, as usual, you are cruel but on target, by the way, whether it be Michael Jackson or Priscilla.

She does totally whitewash what as recently as the '80s was her "Elvis was a beast" tome, complete with accompanying bad-movie version. In fact, if she acted like more pro-Elvis in the '80s (let alone when he was alive), I'd bear her much less ill will.

It got to the point where Larry actually asked her about whether they ever would have gotten back together in his later years or even if he was alive today. I thought it was a rather nice turn around, and of course, she had to be coy....

Business is business!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:55 pm

My favorite question was when a caller asked if she thought Elvis would have remarried if he had lived. You could really see her head reeling trying to figure out to answer it. If she says yes, there goes her idea that Elvis and her were all but married post-1973.

I like the fact that she saved his estate and helped rescue his image, but stop demeaning him to glorify yourself. Its not all Elvis' fault for the divorce - she had a role too.

I tried getting through, but coudln't. I wanted to ask her why Joe Esposito was not in EBTP. Indeed, I thought Larry would mention his good buddy "Diamond" Joe once.

BTW: Lary's ability to kiss ass is only surpassed by Jame Liption host of the Actor's Studio.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:17 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote: Gardener, as usual, you are cruel but on target, by the way, whether it be Michael Jackson or Priscilla.

Don't Be Cruel

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:02 pm

Mike C wrote:BTW: Lary's ability to kiss ass is only surpassed by Jame Liption host of the Actor's Studio.

Classic Mike, classic!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:10 pm

Oprah kisses ass with the best of them. Getting back to the interview, loved near the end when they showed video of a great looking and fit EP from the rehearsal show, talking to the audience about the next nights show, then in classic EP style, the fabulous spin move where the cape was shown in it's full glory to the audience and for the world to see.

Scientology

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:38 pm

She also gave a new twist to the experience Elvis had with that Scientology crap.
After Elvis visited with them he said something along the lines of:
Those bastards are only after my money.
At least one Presley saw them bastards for what they really are.
Cheers
Simon

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:47 pm

EBTP..

Go"s down as one of the biggest rip off"s yet...EXTRAS?.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:04 pm

"Colonel Parker with a vagina" God, I laughed so hard after reading that, LOL LOL This is the quote of the century,
"stiff upperlip" is there a pattern emerging !!!!!?

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:16 pm

as some have pointed out she exits his lifestory officially in 1973 but pretends she knows all about him beyond '73.

But what right/clout has she to articulate what he did before 1959?

His most admired iconic origin years she was not a part of at all.

So there needs to be someone other than she to present/administer the 1935-1959 years.

But how many of the surviving been-there persons applicable to that timeline has she approved of?
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:16 pm

Pete Dube wrote:
Mike C wrote:BTW: Lary's ability to kiss ass is only surpassed by Jame Liption host of the Actor's Studio.

Classic Mike, classic!

Thank you very much, Pete! I wonder if Larry will ever end interviewing Lipton??

Re: Scientology

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:50 pm

Simon1 wrote:She also gave a new twist to the experience Elvis had with that Scientology crap.
After Elvis visited with them he said something along the lines of:
Those bastards are only after my money.
At least one Presley saw them bastards for what they really are.
Cheers
Simon

Unfortunately he did not see all the other bastards that were only after his money!
If he had recognised that before June 1976, maybe Elvis would still be alive today.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:55 pm

And how about the story in the CD liner notes of EBTP from Ernst Jorgensen regarding "You'll Be Gone" (alternate version is included)...

When Priscilla came to visit Elvis in the U.S. in the spring of 1962, Elvis proudly played her the new recordings he had just made in Nashville. One of these was YOU’LL BE GONE, a song that he had written himself with his good friends Red West and Charlie Hodge. To his deep frustration, Priscilla remarked that she liked his rock ‘n’ roll recordings better. Elvis had a fit, Priscilla was devastated, and Elvis never tried to write a song again.

If that's true, good going, "Pris'"!

As for Larry King, I kind of like his old soul but then I like old codgers from Brooklyn. The guy is friendly with whoever is currently in power (Presidents from Nixon to Bush II), and basically is King Fawn when it comes to interviews.