All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:15 am

KHoots wrote:
JEFF d wrote:I was watching Stern last night and he had Paul Anka on..... and Anka was talking about Elvis and making fun of him.... personally I have lost all respect for Anka. Hes a grade A a-hole, in my book.

I saw that, too, Jeff, and that bit was far more offensive to Elvis than anything which was said when Lisa was on Stern's show.

Could you guys fill me in as I missed it.

Thanks, T.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:17 am

Well, everyone with any sense knows what kind of creep Stern is, so the brunt of the criticisms really should be directed at LMP - the levels to which she is willing to sink never cease to amaze . . .

Howard Stern

Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:05 am

TO COLIN B.
Well, about your so called antisemitism NOT being present in the U.S.
How could it, The U.S. are ruled by jews and by Israel. By way, that's what Israels prime minister Ariel Sharon said personally when doing an interview about two years ago.
Huuuh. You all wait and see...
There will be even more Sterns, Goldmans, Gellers, Fagans, Rumsfelds and members of their big familiy turning up and turning the world upside down. My post has NOTHING to do with antisemitism. That's a matter of fact buddy and I know it well.
Only... parts of Europe try to react a little bit against this all happening - unfortunately it does not work yet.

But, hey, that has nothing to do with Elvis - the King - anymore.
So I'd better quit now. No worries.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:45 am

roelvis -

You wrote:
My post has NOTHING to do with antisemitism.

Well, thanks for the clarification.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:47 pm

ColinB wrote:Pete -

Interesting that the old anti-semitic feelings still linger in parts of Europe.

I'm guessing that this virtually non-existent in the US.

Colin -
I wish I could say it was so, but sadly, it isn't. It seems Europe and the U.S. learned nothing from WW-2.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:55 pm

rgray_69 wrote:Who's the idiot?The person who takes the comment for the joke that it was, or the person who takes it seriously.

Well if you think what Stern said was a joke , it says alot about you.Im guessing you the sort of person that finds jokes about the disabled funny?

Im angry with Lisa if she didnt react to what was said.After she didnt want to carry on the filming in EBTP when she was talking about the day Elvis died.

I cant imagine anyone sitting and having someone say that about there Dad and not getting upset about it.

Sean

Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:41 am

Sean Ryan wrote:Im angry with Lisa if she didnt react to what was said.After she didnt want to carry on the filming in EBTP when she was talking about the day Elvis died.

I cant imagine anyone sitting and having someone say that about there Dad and not getting upset about it.

Sean

She is every bit as big a hypocrite as her mother.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:06 am

TINML wrote:
KHoots wrote:
JEFF d wrote:I was watching Stern last night and he had Paul Anka on..... and Anka was talking about Elvis and making fun of him.... personally I have lost all respect for Anka. Hes a grade A a-hole, in my book.

I saw that, too, Jeff, and that bit was far more offensive to Elvis than anything which was said when Lisa was on Stern's show.

Could you guys fill me in as I missed it.

Thanks, T.

Well when Anka first came on, Stern had a secret tape someone had made of Anka screaming at his band members, really raking them over the coals so to speak.....VERY unprofessional IMO...

...Then Stern goes on and get him to start talking about Sinatra, Sammy, & Dino(well you get the picture, really name dropping like mad here) THEN he gets to talking about Elvis and when Anka is talking about Elvis he is talking with a mock hillbilly accent..... you know the kind like people use when they are making fun of Elvis..... and saying stuff that Elvis supposedly said to him... which frankly I doubt. He was saying Elvis didnt know how to cope with his fame... blah blah blah... you prolly get the jist of it now, and Stern is jumping in and giving his 2 cents worth every other word. It was really lame....

JEFF d
Elvis fan