All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Howard Stern hits a new low!

Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:39 pm

Last week my sister-in-law, who lives with us, came down to tell me she had watched Lisa Marie on Stern, and that Stern said to Lisa: "I want to do you, your daughter, and your mother. I'm gonna dig up your father and ask his permission!"

Now, I realize Stern is a shock-jock and all, but this is way over the line in my book. Given that Lisa is a bit of a volatile spitfire, and is fiercely protective of her family I'm surprised she didn't lose it and go after Stern. Or at the very least told him off.

The man is really pushing the envelope, and his luck. One of these days he's going to push it with the wrong person.

Re: Howard Stern hits a new low!

Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:49 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Last week my sister-in-law, who lives with us, came down to tell me she had watched Lisa Marie on Stern, and that Stern said to Lisa: "I want to do you, your daughter, and your mother. I'm gonna dig up your father and ask his permission!"

Now, I realize Stern is a shock-jock and all, but this is way over the line in my book. Given that Lisa is a bit of a volatile spitfire, and is fiercely protective of her family I'm surprised she didn't lose it and go after Stern. Or at the very least told him off.

The man is really pushing the envelope, and his luck. One of these days he's going to push it with the wrong person.

Lisa really like Howard - that's why she has not gone off at him. Plus, he means big publicity for the record. When he first record came out, he said something similar to her and she just laughed it off.

The end of Stern will be his move to Sirus. His whole act is built on some form of censorship. If he can do whatever he wants to, there's nothing really shocking left.

Sadly, Howard was once damn funny, but he lost it once he got his big money contract. Every bit is a rehash of somthing done before.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:23 pm

I caught the show, too, and it was just the same old Stern shtick. Lisa knew she would have to endure some stuff she would rather not have had to, but as Mike said, she was there for him to mention the record.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:30 pm

Don't tell me Howard is becoming a "parody" of himself. As far as new lows go, he's below the earths core.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:35 pm

Its a long time since i`ve caught any of Sterns shows, and when i did, i found him quite funny. But anyone who guests on his show deserves everything they get, because they should know better.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:38 pm

I dont care what reputation he has ,if that was me i would have broke his jaw.
This Stern seems to be a child and for Lisa to even go on his show is an insult to Elvis.

On EBTP she didnt like talking about the day Elvis died but goes on this dickheads show and lets him say that about Elvis.

A jokes a joke but there are lines that shouldnt be crossed. :twisted:

Sean

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:24 pm

Sean Ryan wrote:I dont care what reputation he has ,if that was me i would have broke his jaw.
Sean

God I love the Irish! :)

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:48 pm

Uri Geller hits a new low this week, publishing an opinion about his friend Michael Jackson.

"This comeback of his is going to be the most dramatic ever seen in showbiz, more seismic than Elvis Presley's return from the US Army. In fact, the only thing that could beat this would be for Elvis to come back from the dead."

Quote taken from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:55 pm

Its ok Melanie,

Nobody in Britain listens to what old Uri says anyway.
He is just grovelling to Jackson cause he introduced Martin Bashir to Jackson.
He will say anything to stay friends with Jackson.As we all would...................Yeah, right.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:39 am

Lighten up!! :? :roll:

Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:47 am

What do you mean??

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:00 am

The King of Silly Putty wrote:Lighten up!! :? :roll:

I think he means that you guys shouldn't get so worked up about this Stern dude. And he's right, who gives a rat's ass what this guy says and why the hell is it an insult to Elvis if LM goes on his show?!?!??!?
She's got her own career and life, don't project everything she does back to Elvis.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:57 am

There just has to be better things to watch on television than Howard Stern. There just has to be.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:13 am

Elvis-4-Ever wrote:
The King of Silly Putty wrote:Lighten up!! :? :roll:

I think he means that you guys shouldn't get so worked up about this Stern dude. And he's right, who gives a rat's ass what this guy says and why the hell is it an insult to Elvis if LM goes on his show?!?!??!?
She's got her own career and life, don't project everything she does back to Elvis.

Gotta say, everything about her does project back to EP, simply because the ONLY reason anyone gives LMP a notice is because of him - (same with PB) - otherwise, she'd be nothing. So even a vague association with such a lowlife creep reflects negatively on the legacy, estate, etc. - particularly if EP is discussed, which he will certainly be anytime she gives an interview.

My two cents worth.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:00 am

I'm really pissed off about Jackson, now he's been found not guilty the guy has had the nerve to put his child minding prices back up. :cry:

Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:28 pm

To me Stern doesn´t worth a damn cent.....

Howard Stern

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:51 pm

In this thread I read about names such as STERN or GELLER and what they've done or said... I mean, WHAT kind of names are these anyway?
Hmmm... we all know!
Obviously these kind of people (GOLDMAN included = same name family), are allowed anything and everything everywhere on earth!
Who in the world is gonna put an end to this???

Chung, chung, chung, eeeer, they are no friend of mine.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:24 pm

Some people need to lighten up just a bit.

Re: Howard Stern

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:38 pm

roelvis wrote:In this thread I read about names such as STERN or GELLER and what they've done or said... I mean, WHAT kind of names are these anyway?
Hmmm... we all know!
Obviously these kind of people (GOLDMAN included = same name family), are allowed anything and everything everywhere on earth!
Who in the world is gonna put an end to this???

Chung, chung, chung, eeeer, they are no friend of mine.

I should point out roelvis that Elvis had some Jewish ancestry. I dislike Stern because I think he's a jerk - not because he's Jewish.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:55 pm

Pete -

Interesting that the old anti-semitic feelings still linger in parts of Europe.

I'm guessing that this virtually non-existent in the US.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:13 am

I was watching Stern last night and he had Paul Anka on..... and Anka was talking about Elvis and making fun of him.... personally I have lost all respect for Anka. Hes a grade A a-hole, in my book.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:44 am

I don't have a problem with what he said. All of us guys are thinking the same thing but we wouldn't have the balls to say it. That's what so great about Stern, he makes the comments and asks the question we are thinking. All three of them are very attractive.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:19 am

rgray_69 wrote:I don't have a problem with what he said. All of us guys are thinking the same thing but we wouldn't have the balls to say it. That's what so great about Stern, he makes the comments and asks the question we are thinking. All three of them are very attractive.

So if your Dad was dead and someone said about digging him up that wouldnt bother you??

Your just as bad as Stern.Both a pair of idiots.

Sean

Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:16 am

Who's the idiot?The person who takes the comment for the joke that it was, or the person who takes it seriously.

Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:55 am

JEFF d wrote:I was watching Stern last night and he had Paul Anka on..... and Anka was talking about Elvis and making fun of him.... personally I have lost all respect for Anka. Hes a grade A a-hole, in my book.

I saw that, too, Jeff, and that bit was far more offensive to Elvis than anything which was said when Lisa was on Stern's show.