All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Do the May-June 2005 Posts matter to you?

Yes - I want the forum exactly as before
4%
Yes - I feel the posts from these months are important
31%
Yes- I just want them back up in general
2%
No - It's the fine the way it is, just glad to have the forum back, faster!
44%
No - It doesn't matter to me. One way or the other
18%

Total votes : 45

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:20 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
KHoots wrote:I believe we will all recover if we never see those posts. It would be nice to have them, but not necessary.

What's with all the defeatism, KHoots, Carolyn, etc.? There have been some terrific posts by the likes of Rockin' Rebel, LiketheBike and others.

Give the administrators all the time they need to slowly piece this back together. I haven't seen an annoucement to the contrary, so, onward!

It's not defeatism at all, Greg. You're right, there have been great posts by many members here. But it's not like the topics will never be raised again, and that all great posts have been used.

All I was trying to say is that I appreciate the hard work of the people involved, and if they recover the posts, fine. If not, it's not really a big deal.

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:32 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Lots of stored private messages are history, too. :cry:

Oh well. It's the threads we'll need.

not true.

The PM box is really only another forum like All Elvis or Off Topic in it's basic sense.
We managed to get them all transfered and they are uploaded into the database, as you should see them listed in your PM box.

The problem is that if you click on any it will default back to the in box page, this is because the coding (built in at the end of the link as a bunch of letters and numbers) needs to be decoded as yet to match the new coding on the new server.

These are things we considered fixing before making the site live again. but, we felt you'd rather all get on again as soon as poss and start posting again rather than wait for everything to be sorted before we opened it.

It was a decision we made and I guess not everyone will be happy with it. But if you're one of those who would rather wait until everything is back to how it was then please feel free to return when this is so.

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:45 pm

So it's a work in progress, like with the "ALL-ELVIS" board?

That's fine, and I ain't complaining. :lol:

To the board, I say:

"Your Time Hasn't Come Yet, Baby..."

Thanks again, Steve & Co.

Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:48 pm

Yes, very much so. There's a few little bugs to still be tended to, but we'll get there.

Tom INC had the worse one but being as it was only him - who cares? :lol: Only kidding Tom :wink:

Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:31 am

Thanks Steve, this place has become fun again to visit!!!! :D

8)

Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:48 am

No probs Sam, I'm glad as well because I spent the odd moment or two on here and enjoyed it.

What many don't realise, and no reason why they should, but the original site was very close to being gone forever with no posts PM's or anything.

I can tell you folks that of the 163000 plus posts I had to get (at that snails pace of downloading!) I lost or didn't get 616 of them. what i have noticed is that at the very beginning of the database where there are supposed to be the initial posts from April 2003 there were a whole bunch of more recent posts indicating that the darn thing was writing over itself from the beginning because the old hosts server just couldn't handle reasonable size databases.

The call was, try it and maybe lose a little, or don't try it and lose the lot. It really had come to that.

I'm sorry if anyone is disappointed that some of the things aren't here yet or may not be able to be here at all, but it's better to have what we have than to have lost everything.

I spent many many hours doing this, on one day alone i started at 10am and with a two hour break i went through to 2am with many other days beng fairly long as well. I'm gonna take a step back from it and do some other things i need to do because I've neglected many things on my own site in order to focus my attention here. sometimes it can help to take a step back as things can become clearer the next time they are approached.

But we can post again - AND BLOODY QUICK AS WELL ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:57 am

Steve, you and Jordan have done a great job with the site. I know I speak for the lot of us when I say we appreciate the long hours and aggravation endured.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:29 am

Steve_M wrote: "...Sometimes it can help to take a step back as things can become clearer the next time they are approached.....

Sounds like you do have to rest up, Steve and take another stab at it another day, another month even.

I fear some of us will be "once bitten, twice shy" to post regularly if this becomes an semi-annual cleansing of the posts, so rest up, take your time. 8)

I say if you can figure it out by October, we'll be doing okay! :D

Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:01 am

Scatter wrote:Steve, you and Jordan have done a great job with the site. I know I speak for the lot of us when I say we appreciate the long hours and aggravation endured.

Amen, Brother! The site is much more enjoyable as is apparent by the increased number of posts over the last couple of days. Steve and Jordan are to be highly commended.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:41 am

Steve and Jordan:
We will all be patient, as I am sure that you'll get it back soon for all of us.

Mike C

Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:57 am

Steve...you lazy bugger.

2 hours off for a dinner break?.

You should have worked down pit lad tha nose.

Well done loon.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:17 pm

I had not yet expressed my gratitude to the FECC team (which now includes Steve and Jordan, I suppose), but I also would like you to know how much we appreciate the tremendous amount of effort you've put forth.

I would also like to echo Greg's posts in saying that the "lost" posts are important enough to save. It doesn't all have to happen right now, but I do think the contents in those posts are worth reading again someday. I'm sure many who voted No would change their mind if they had a chance to see just what was being lost. But I digress. If you can save the posts, please know that there is at least one other person on here who would appreciate it.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:41 pm

Most of my pm"s went missing (incl saved).

But i took some sweeties...i will be fine.