All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Do the May-June 2005 Posts matter to you?

Yes - I want the forum exactly as before
4%
Yes - I feel the posts from these months are important
31%
Yes- I just want them back up in general
2%
No - It's the fine the way it is, just glad to have the forum back, faster!
44%
No - It doesn't matter to me. One way or the other
18%

Total votes : 45

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:20 pm

Jordan,

Im not that fussed personally although there were some good threads. I did notice though that picture section, reviews, Elvis in the media and chat-talk have been wiped out completely. There were some rare pictures in the picture section and some great reviews that would be good to have back.

Small price to pay for the new 'superspeed' though! 8)

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:22 pm

Some posts were really interesting and I chose the second option.... if not possible that´s OK. You guys really worked hard and now the site is fast :wink:

Best Regards
Renan.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:05 pm

No - It's the fine the way it is, just glad to have the forum back, faster!

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:05 pm

Jordan/Steve/FECC -

Just a thought..............

Now that the response times are so rapid, do we really need all the sections ?

Elvis in the Media, Pictures, Reviews could all be covered by All Elvis & Off Topic sections, couldn't they ?

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:21 pm

Leave it as it is.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:31 pm

Jordan

I voted for the second option.

If it's not too much of a hassle I'd like to have all posts back.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:54 pm

ColinB wrote:Jordan/Steve/FECC -

Just a thought..............

Now that the response times are so rapid, do we really need all the sections ?

Elvis in the Media, Pictures, Reviews could all be covered by All Elvis & Off Topic sections, couldn't they ?

As long as all the junk posts do not come back like before. But would be good though as i always forget to look at those sections

Andrew

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:38 pm

I'm just glad it's better than before. Better......stronger........faster.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:07 pm

I voted to put it back exactly as it was.

It's just about summertime, so what's the rush? 8) Take as long as you want to repair this. It's not like there's a lot of breaking "Elvis news" in 2005. Sure, it may seem like it sometimes, but not really.

Frankly, I don't even like the question and the "poll." There's no real time pressure, just take your time. :P A lot of us put more time than might be realized into our writings and don't want them wiped out. I find older threads are invaluable to refer back to, anyway.

So keep up the good work, Jordan, Steve, etc. We appreciate the time you are taking!

P.S. Where's my old picture??? :cry:

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:16 pm

Greg -

You wrote:
I find older threads are invaluable to refer back to, anyway.

Err......... yeah, we noticed !

Greg's Motto: Why start a new thread when you can dig one up from 2003 & make it run again ? !

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:08 pm

Anything lost I'm sure will come back in discussion again.

8)

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:22 pm

ColinB wrote:Greg's Motto: Why start a new thread when you can dig one up from 2003 & make it run again ? !

Well Colin you know I'd go for that too. :) Maybe next year someone will be asking about endcaps!

It's great to have the forum cruising along again - thanks for all the work Jordan and Steve and FECC. It would be best if all the posts can be resurrected, however we know you're doing the best you can. Whatever the result it's all appreciated.

After the move/recovery is wrapped up I hope we can come to a generally accepted agreement about the Media board.

Eileen

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:26 pm

I voted for option #2. There were some interesting threads from the time period. They are our history, and as such should be preserved. Especially my limerick about Colin wearing knickers! :)

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:27 pm

ColinB's Motto: Hang back, and comment on most any thread, frequently, preferably.... Chastise those who seek order on the board by not creating new threads for things that already exist.... :P :lol:

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:29 pm

Hehehe......I'm gonna get them on here even if i have to cheat.

There's an option to move a thread from one forum to another, i might try and trick the database by telling the threads that don't appear that they have a new forum id that will associate itself with this one since we re-installed it.

Ironically, the reason that the old site might have struggled to cope could have been a pre-set default limit on the date of how old posts were that no one realised. The posts that would display on here were only up to April 16th 2005. The date the forum was originally launched in the format it was, was April 16th 2003.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:51 pm

Steve_M wrote:Hehehe......I'm gonna get them on here even if i have to cheat.

Whatever you have to do, bro' :!: :lol:

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:02 am

AndrewJ wrote:

As long as all the junk posts do not come back like before.

Andrew[/quote]

SAM...our posts aint coming back :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:09 am

I believe we will all recover if we never see those posts. It would be nice to have them, but not necessary.

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:46 am

Yeah we would recover....but damn it, how about at least the Revenge thread. I know it isn't Elvis related, but it is about a happening. lol

Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:36 am

Hello GENE,i see you still like the BEE GEES... :wink:

Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:15 am

genesim wrote:Yeah we would recover....but damn it, how about at least the Revenge thread. I know it isn't Elvis related, but it is about a happening. lol

Que the them from Welcome back Cotter!

Man as many times as I put out a missing persons APB out for you, you just show up!!!!

Welcome back man!

Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:58 am

Administrator! i go to 'view your own posts' now, and i only have 9. i should have about 200 or more. help me!

Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:17 pm

KHoots wrote:I believe we will all recover if we never see those posts. It would be nice to have them, but not necessary.

What's with all the defeatism, KHoots, Carolyn, etc.? There have been some terrific posts by the likes of Rockin' Rebel, LiketheBike and others.

Give the administrators all the time they need to slowly piece this back together. I haven't seen an annoucement to the contrary, so, onward!

Avatar Status Report Since Change-over: Still AWOL

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:31 pm

iamhekev wrote:SAM...our posts aint coming back :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Are you trying to tell me something Kev??? :shock: :?

:P

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:33 pm

Lots of stored private messages are history, too. :cry:

Oh well. It's the threads we'll need.