All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:14 am

well, Carolyn, it upset me greatly to read your statement that Elvis isn't worthy.

HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT.

Good thing Elvis isn't here to read that. He would be near tears.
:cry:

Someone should go back in time to 1963 and tell Elvis don't waste your time with these silly films because in the long run, your work isn't worth any honors. Your own fans won't even be supportive.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:20 am

When it comes to music, Elvis should get all the major awards but his movies? Get real!

Jeffrey, you sill goose. 60% of all of Elvis music is movie soundtracks!

Over half is music for films that..suck. Therefor the music sucks by association. The irony. Oh the irony.

Award nothing!!! Award him nothing ever again!

aarrrggggghhh :twisted:

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:22 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:Good thing Elvis isn't here to read that. He would be near tears.

Oh Shut Up !

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:27 am

I intend to make this Oscar For Elvis happen.
I will rent a tuxedo and crash next years' Oscar Ceremony.
Then when they give an Oscar to Mike Myers for his stupid Austin Powers sh*t,
I will run up and grab it and yell, proclaiming to the heavens:
"This Oscar is for Elvis Presley!!!!!"
Then run like hell.

I will then donate the statuette to Graceland to put on display.
Then you buggers will bend over backwards to make a trip there to see this new addition to the racquetball room.

How pathetic to consider that by the year 2035 when it's Elvis' 100th Birthday someone will be saying: "how come after all this time Elvis never got a special Oscar?"

This topic will occur again and again over the coming decades until the award is given. But sad fact is, according to most of you, Elvis still won't deserve it. Never.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:12 am

Congradulations Brian, this thread has opened many eyes. And continues apace:-)

It is easy to read between the lines and see the real motives of some of the posts. So transparent are they.

The one and only, Elvis Presley deserves the Honorary Oscar for fooling them all at Hollywood into paying him huge somes of money, for just playing at being an actor-well at least in some of the movies, and for his scene stealing CHARISMA:-)

http://www.disney.20fr.com/

Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:17 am

Here we are getting so upset debating this heated subject.

Isn't it strange that there's a double standard for awards.

Music awards like Elvis has (100's of them) are based on sales.

But there's no movie award based on sales. If so, Elvis would have at least 31 movie awards for all the millionss of $$$$ each of his movies made around the world.

But no, a movie award like the Oscar is based on quality of content. Therefore, you guys feel the content of elvis movies fails to meet an acceptable standard of quality.

Couldn't the same be said for all the corresponding movie soundtrack albums? But most - if not all - have earned Elvis an award on display at G'land.

It's okay to honor him for record sales (but not box-office ticket sales) ?

or even honor him for his personal intent to please the masses as a multi-talented entertainer.

?

Apparently not. Damn shame.

Answer this honestly...................

If Elvis ever does get an Honorary Oscar, are you guys going to Memphis to protest and picket outside Graceland? Holding up picket signs that say in big letters the exact same things you have written here?

HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT

No offense Carolyn, but let's see you at Graceland holding up a picket sign that says that as you protest the Oscar award should it ever happen.

Now that would be quite a scene. The nerve to protest it in person.
Cut.
Fade to black.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:11 pm

carolynlm, you will be pleased to know your are right about Elvis Presley being in publications almost every day, around the world.

Today, thanks to Journalist Roisin Ingle of, "The Irish Times" magazine, a picture of the, "Elvis at 13" statue is there for all it's 250,000 readers to see.

A Kind of life-sized Oscar when I come to think of it;-)

Michiel Van der Sommen's forthcoming Lecture about casting in bronze etc next Wednesday, at the Dublin Central Library, is the topic.

Brian, This Idea is sure to run for a long long time! "It is the unreasonable man who gets things done", George Bernard Shaw.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:36 pm

Giving an Honorary Oscar to Elvis is not denying it to someone else more deserving.
They give these things out to someone different every freakin' year
There's enough to go around.

Besides, giving any award to a deceased person is all for tribute show anyway. It's a token gesture that means we haven't forgotten you. Thanks for the memories.

You guys have a problem with that?!

How about that 1992 Elvis U.S. Postage Stamp? Have a problem with that? "Honored with his own postage stamp?! He doesn't deserve it!"" grouch grouch gripe gripe gripe. But he did deserve it. (I voted twice for the 50s E) and he got his stamp.

Artist Of Century Award that RCA gave the estate 4 years ago..all for show and to promote Elvis. Isn't that what we as Elvis fans should be united to do???
Such an award is to keep Elvis from being forgotten. And to ensure he receives a Century Award while it's possible.
[When 2099 rolls around, AOC may justifiably go to someone new.]
No matter if an artist comparison of sales during the entire 20th century should prove different, RCA, EPE and millions of fans agreed: It belonged only to Elvis. And he got it!

If the sincere Elvis fans among the Academy Award members vote to give Elvis an honorary oscar for his 13 year film career (all for show - and to say thanks for the cinema memories) will you guys still bitch about Elvis' lack of deservedness?

Fans make their own We Miss You & Love You Tender Elvis tribute wreathes to take to Memphis and leave on his grave every year. But isn't that all for show too?
Yet giving Elvis a homemade award of affection is OK it's a wonderful beautiful gesture because it's from the heart. Right?

Well, there may be Motion Picture Academy members (like Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, Nick Cage, Eddie Murphy, Kevin Costner, Burt Reynolds and many more) who may vote to give an Oscar to Elvis for the very same reason: from the heart. Because they are fans.

Let's have another reason to put the spotlight on Elvis Presley. Otherwise eventually the light goes out for good.

I, for one, would like to tune in a live network telecast and see and hear Elvis' name receive applause from a room full of thousands of entertainers as Elvis finally gets overdue film industry recognition.
I support that.
Even if I don't love every single one of his films, I endorse the total work the man did to entertain millions worldwide and that it should be honored.

Vote for Elvis. Applaud Elvis. Honor Elvis. Remember Elvis. Keep Elvis alive in the mainstream consciousness.

That should be the common goal of...Elvis Presley fans.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:23 pm

Francesc wrote:bobbyb

So there is no room for different opinions?

Hi Francesc,

there is room for different opinions. I acept every of them, but I can not understand how FANS can argue like that. :?

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:33 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:
Vote for Elvis. Applaud Elvis. Honor Elvis. Remember Elvis. Keep Elvis alive in the mainstream consciousness.

That should be the common goal of...Elvis Presley fans.

Very well said Graceland Gardener,

I would sign every single line of your above post. You got it straight to the point. Marvelous :D