All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:17 am

My deepest sympathy goes out to Ian's family.

I used to visit the chatroom and I met Ian in there. He definately had a great sense of humor. I had a lot of fun back then.

Everything that's been said about him is so true. He was also generous with me in regards to CD-R's, and we also had two conversations on the phone. He just seemed so down to earth.

It's been a while since I've spoken to him, and now I wish I had.

RIP Nighthawk.

Rich

Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:18 am

I never met Ian Ledgerwood and only had the briefest of email communications with him, but even in that short space of time I discovered possibly the most generous-spirited Elvis fan I think I have ever come across.

The loss to this board and to Elvis fans in general is immeasurable and the grief endured by his friends and family unimaginable.

One can only hope that, whatever is out there beyond this life, he is able to meet with his beloved Elvis.

Sad Passing of Nighthawk

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:27 am

I am new to this board, so unfortunately didn't know Ian, Nighthawk, but am compelled to answer because he was obviously an exceptional human being, whom I wish I did know. Elvis must be delighted that Ian is there with him now. So many of you have expressed a genuine love for this most generous, giving, helping man that I am filled with sorrow for those of you who will miss him, as well as for his family. To all of you, my best wishes and sympathy.

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:53 am

My condolences as well.

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:06 am

I didn't know Ian but deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:28 am

:(

I send my condolences.

Ian you will be missed son

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:11 pm

HI

In 2002 i think or round about then i posted a topic on here wanting a copy of the Original TTWIS movie..

I had many different offers but the one that stood out read like this

HI Cam i'v got That's The way it is dvd and i can send you a copy of it free of charge.

At first i was not really convinced that i would ever get it until a week later i got a parcel from the Uk and opon opening it sure enough i got my own copy of it with also the bonus TTWIS material.

This is the sort of person Ian was i never knew him but just by that and many other letters i'v read makes me very sad hearing his passing.

In 2002 i lost my father and it was a very bad shock and while reading the reply's from all you kind Elvis fans made me very sad.

I wish his family all the best and if there is anything i can do just let me know and i will help out in any way possible

rest it peace mate

Cameron

Missing Nighthawk

Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:41 pm

I will dearly miss Nighthawk he was a very sweet guy.
My heart goes out to christine and the kids.
Ian will be missed.
I love you Ian my good friend may god love and protect you.
May you rest in peace.
god loves you and my family loves you.

Love always

Wayne and Debbie ( NYC) :(

Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:53 am

As a recipient of Ian's genorosity, my thoughts to, are with his family.
What an honour it would been to have known him better........
Glenn

I HAVE NEVER FELT A WARM RAIN !!!

Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:58 pm

I have never written on this messageboard, but this is how my husband and I met Ian Ledgerwood:
This was just before the Elvis #1"s came out, and we looked at what the fans were talking about here........WOW !!!! It was truly something we had never experienced before. The knowledge was just "crazy". But out of all, the people that stood out it was Ian....(NIGHTHAWK). He would question, and he believed, too the point that, my husband invited Ian to come to the E 1 Party, along with Will. You have all heard this from Will and Ian I am sure, but never from me. When they came to the US ,my husband was at the airport to meet them. You all have to understand, we had no idea what they looked like , or if they were some internet "NUTS". It was sometime around 1am, when they arrived at our house. .and I gave each a beer. In all my years, i have never felt so much love, from two men i did not know anything about. After the beer was open...........it was all ELVIS. Ian just wanted to know everything, hear everything, ELVIS. Don"t get me wrong, Will also needed to know too, but as we all have seen, and some have heard...........Ian took over. They were men that turned into little boys. For me, the things that i take for granted in everyday life, my house, the town we live in, and the people know, took on a new light for me, through their eyes !!!
The first example of that was the weather, It was raining that first night and I apologized to Ian, he laughed and said "don't worry, its a warm rain and I have never felt one before, I am from Scotland" Next, there was the sound of the crickets, he had only heard them in the movies, I then found out this was Ian's first trip out of Scotland.
The first morning, i had woke up to take my daughter to school, i opened the shades at 8am. I looked out the window and there was Ian in his Kilt and a beer, just happy to be here. I could not stop laughing, he was standing so tall, proud and still in shock from the time difference and the strange environment. The next week was a whirlwind of excitement, It was not an uncommon sight to see these two trapsing around town in their kilts and tuxedos draped in the American flag. Sitting out on the deck laughing and telling jokes and of course by the second day the refrigerator and the house had no more alcohol. They cleaned our house a few times, and ate everything I made. Their visit to the sight of the world trade centre was for hours, and they paid their respects like citizens of the USA. The week was spent sight seeing, going to the studio and talking Elvis all week, and yes Will was all over my husband on the outtakes!!
When the party finally arrived they were in their glory. We left the house in a giant stretch Limo, I thought they were gonna die!! Ian said "Can life get any better than this? no one will believe me" Next, they were meeting some the Elvis band, Priscilla, and the whole EP estate gang. They were certainly recognizable and by the end of the nite everyone knew who they were!
Out of all the people in the world, and beleive me I have met a lot of them, Meeting Ian and Will was one of the best experiences and best times of my life I have ever had. They touched so many people, and always gave. Ian was a one of a kind, he will be missed by many. I only wish he knew how many people loved him. For all the non beleievers there ever were, make no mistake he was here, I took the picture of Ian and Priscilla at the party.
There was no cut and Paste, I introduced them, It was a thrill for all of us.
I know Ian is talking Elvis's ear off right now up there saying, David made you sound great, and your party was amazing, I also know he wont be drinking as Elvis was an abstainer and would have talked him right out of it. Our love and condolences go to Christina and the children who he loves so much. Rest in Peace my friend.
Jeannette Bendeth

Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:11 am

I am shocked to hear about Ian. I have been away from the board for a few days.

I hope you will pass on my thoughts for his family, Steve.

He was one of those fans you don't often meet. Always willing to share his collection with any fan, without asking anything in return. He'll be sadly missed.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:39 am

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.
anon.

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:28 am

I was shocked to hear this sad news last night. I have been away from chat and the MB for many months, but arrived back in last night for the first time, and heard this sad news. I wish to add my thoughts to Ians family about their sad loss.

Ian and I went through some good times and some bad, but this has totally shocked me. All my prays go out to Chris and their children and Ians Family.

RIP Ian Love Lesley (aka Penarose)xxxxxxxx