All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:15 pm

so very sad to hear this news such a good man.
you know when your on this mb you never think off peoples age not that ian was very old at all.

r.i.p ian and say high to elvis for me and give the old col a kick :wink:

RIP

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:21 pm

Ian was a great guy, he sent me some Elvis CDs and when I was sick myself he posted me a copy of the Radio Luxemborg broadcast of the night Elvis died, The King Is Dead release

Trev

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:28 pm

It´s really sad news :( :( :( . May God bless him wherever he is. Rest in peace!

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:34 pm

My sincere condolences to the family. RIP Nighthawk.

Steve is it possible you let the family know of our condolence messages?¨

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:37 pm

Although I did not know Ian personally, he too started me up with an Elvis collection. I will be forever grateful.

To his family and friends - Please belatedly accept my deepest sympathy.

Ian thank you for touching so many lives with your presence and spirit. God bless and always keep watch over the rest of us.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:17 pm

Like everyone here, my thoughts are with his family today.

DJC

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:36 pm

Same goes for me. I am very sorry to have heard this news.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:39 pm

jbgude wrote:Steve is it possible you let the family know of our condolence messages?¨

As I understand it, the contents of this thread are going to be copied later tonight and forwarded to Ians parents.

I spoke to Willem this weekend and he was devastated to hear this news. On behalf of the FECC team we are sorry to hear of such a tragedy befalling somone, as the posts on this board show, who truly reflected the spirit of an ideal Elvis fan and an ideal human being. His generosity seems to have known no bounds in his willingness to give joy to others.

Ian, you are a great loss to us all. RIP.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:41 pm

I don't visit the chat section much these days but in the past I did have conversations with Nighthawk with photography being something we were both in to.
I remember one conversation with practically a full house in there and we were having a private chat as well, being new to it I couldn't keep up with everything that was going on and Nighthawk was a right laugh throughout.

God bless him and his family, so sorry to hear this sad news.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:42 pm

I'm sorry too for the lost. :(

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:44 pm

RIP Nighthawk. My condolences to his family.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:48 pm

RIP Nighthawk. I only chatted to you a few times but you made me feel very welcome in your chat room. My thoughts are with your family at this sad time.

Regards

Andrew

Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:16 am

Personally, I did not know Ian too well. I ran across him in the forums a couple times and spoke with him a handful of times. I wish I'd have gotten a better chance to know him, because from all accounts he was a great guy who was very generous to help out his fellow Elvis fans.

What I do know is that Ian was a loyal Elvis fan right to the very end. I have no doubt that he is being rewarded as we speak, spending a little time with Elvis himself up there in the sky.

Rest in Peace Ian, and my condolences go out to all of his family. He will certainly be missed by all his friends here as well.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:16 am

Ian sent me some CD's, and wanted nothing in return, but thanks.

When my son was born, out of the blue we received a little package with a baby grow in it - a really nice gesture that sums Ian up.

I also fondly remember his excitement at his trip to the States to meet Davis and Priscilla.

My thoughts are with his family - they were luck to have him.

RIP

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:04 am

Ian,

R.I.P.

I will remember you as:

a loyal Elvis fan
a fine photographer
but especially as a great person
...and a good friend

You will be missed forever.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prayers are with your wife, children, family and best friends...

Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:15 am

Ian just joined our online fan club on March 22nd and I was looking forward to getting to know him better...

My sympathy and prayers go out to his family,

Stephen

Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:09 am

My deepest sympathy to his family at this sorrowful time. I didn't know Ian...
only as a long time member of this board. He will be missed.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:45 am

Our deepest, and sincerest condolences to Ian’s family at this sad news.

I first met Ian in the FECC chatroom back in 2002…..Never have I met such a giving person who wanted nothing in return but friendship, and someone to have a good old laugh with…...Myself and the rest of the ‘chatroom’ gang spent endless night’s in tears with laughter at his madcap sense of humour…. Myself and Ian also spent many an hour chatting on the telephone too, talking about Elvis, and his other favourite subject-Photography, - Ian had an immense knowledge of Photography, and gave me many many tips on the subject.

Being the roustabout he was- lol….We met twice….The first time I met Ian, and his good friend Will……… after they came down to Wales and kidnapped me for the weekend- lol………The three of us got drunk, had a laugh, talked “Elvis”.and basically had a whale of a time…It was a weekend I shall never forget, Ian- being the tremendous photographer that he was also found the time and generosity to take some beautiful photo’s of me and my family which we will treasure forever.

The second time- myself and my family met him, his wife and two children in 2003.........He brought his family down on holiday, and we hooked up for a long weekend.........We have many fond memories of that great weekend we spent with Ian and his lovely family.

Myself, my family and the many others whose lives he touched upon will miss him immensely,

May he rest in peace.

Stuart and Family
Last edited by the squirrel on Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:24 am

This is terrible news! My sympathy is with his family and friends.

Ian is the only person I have ever talked to on the phone. In all the years I have been on this message board, hes the only person I have ever actually talked too. One night just he and I were in the chat and he asked for my number and then he rang me up(and I live in Oklahoma)! I couldn't believe it! We had a very nice conversation about Elvis and he told me all about his trip to New York. He was so proud in gettin to make that trip and meet so many people in the Elvis world and gettin to meet Priscilla. He was truly the life of the party when he came into chat and had everyone laughing and rolling on the floor. Believe me he has the angles in Heaven tonight in stitches with his jokes!

We will miss you friend, untill we meet again...

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:08 pm

i recieved the terribble news of Ian's dead........may you rest in peace Ian,
my condoleances goes out to his family......

"" i learned early in life that.....
without a song, the day would never end.......
without a song, a man ain't got a friend.......
without a song, the road would never bend....
without a song....
so i'll keep singing the song....

may you keep singing the song above us, together with elvis...

marcel from Holland

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:30 pm

Although not fortunate enough to have known Ian personally, my sincere condolences to his family.

Geoff

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:55 pm

Ian was the epitome of a true Elvis fan. He willingly shared what was his and never asked for anything in return. For those of us who knew him, this is a terribly personal loss. For those who didn't, trust me, he was the rare breed who gave without asking, shared without thinking, and promoted Elvis' memory without regard to credit, reciprocation, or ego. So long, pal.

Tom

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:48 pm

Requiescat in pace, Ian. My condolences go out to your loved ones in this hour of darkness.

ian

Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:01 pm

too sad for words, i have heard just now.

2 years ago i have met ian with some other elvis friends at cath's place in england when i was visiting them with my daughter, he was a "little"guy with a very good and friendly heart, my daughter and i liked him very much, too bad this is happend just before the forthcoming meeting again in june which i had planned to see him and others again.

Ian rest in peace, my friend

Christine and kids, our deapest condolences

peter/kelly

Re

Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:14 pm

Im shocked with this news, just like anybody else.
Ian was one of the kindest persons I met on line. He just sent a bunch of VCDs to Brazil, without any costs. He was one of those rare persons in Elvis world that was happy to help other fellow fans without taking any kind of profit.

RIP IAN

Sergio Luiz