All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Sad passing of Nighthawk

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:47 pm

FECC board member NIGHTHAWK, aka Ian Ledgerwood, has passed away at his home in Airdrie, Scotland.
He leaves his wife Christine, and children, Linda and David.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family,parents and brother at this sad time.

Whilst Ian wasn't visibly active often on the board he did help many fans out with CD's and his generosity towards helping fans has been appreciated by many members of this site.

R.I.P.

Re: Sad passing of Nighthawk

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Steve_M wrote:FECC board member NIGHTHAWK, aka Ian Ledgerwood, has passed away at his home in Airdrie, Scotland.
He leaves his wife Christine, and children, Linda and David.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family,parents and brother at this sad time.

Whilst Ian wasn't visibly active often on the board he did help many fans out with CD's and his generosity towards helping fans has been appreciated by many members of this site.

R.I.P.

Steve,

Man, this sucks! I really liked Ian! :( :(

He was definitely a tremendous help to me when I was looking for a copy of "The CBS Tapes" and "The Complete EOT Sessions"...............he will definitely be missed!

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:11 pm

What a depressing way to start out a Saturday morning! I know you are just the messenger, Steve but that sucked. May he rest in peace and my condolences to his family.

Wee man from Airdrie

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:21 pm

I've know Ian for over two years and it was with deep sadness I got this news from his wife Christine last night

We had the time of ours lives when we both stayed at David Bendiths house who produced the 30#1s..he let us hear it first at his home and we gave him a hard time about the outtakes on it...it was great fun and happier days . David took us to the launch party in New York are we had a ball ,the wee man even got a kiss off the kings ex wife..lol.
When I first met Ian he was one of the most giving people I had ever met,he helped many fans out with cds etc and he took care of all the cost even though he had very little money of his own.

Hes was a real character who loved people...........I wish Christine and the kids all my love ......Ian I love you buddy and Will miss you.....

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:35 pm

Very sad. RIP.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:05 pm

This is very, very sad news :cry: :cry:

Ian was one of the kindest people I've ever met. He was a great person and will be even greater missed.

my condolences to his family and fiends :cry:

R.I.P. Ian.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:08 pm

BUGGER !!!

RIP Night Hawk! and my best wishes to his family and friends. :cry:

8)

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:09 pm

Sad news indeed. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:38 pm

This is very sad indeed, I was only talking to him in 'Chat' the other night, and he was reminiscing how he'd had the best (and worst) nights of his life in 'Chat' on this site. He didn't mention if he was ill or anything

My condolences to his family

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:45 pm

This is shocking news. Ian was one of the most generous Elvis fans I have ever met and I enjoyed his company immensely.

He did, however, make many spelling mistakes when he was talking.

nighthawk

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:46 pm

It was with great sadness I also got this message from Christine throught the night.
As it has already been said, Ian was a very generous guy who would give you anything, if he had it to give.
I spent a great weekend with Ian and his lovley family.
Christine, my love and prayers are with you, Linda and David. I too will miss Ian. :cry:
Angel

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:27 pm

Does anybody know if he was ill ?

JUST REMOVED MY SIGNATURE, HOPE NOBODY WAS OFFENED
Didn`t match the subject
Last edited by Born1963 on Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:28 pm

Rest In Peace loon...

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:48 pm

This is all very sad.
R.I.P Night Hawk.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:54 pm

Rest in peace nighthawk,, you will be missed. my thoughts and prayers go out to your family and to all of your friends here on the messagboard. say hello to Elvis for us. my deepest sympathys... simmerrocks :cry:

Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:00 pm

This is really sad news. :cry:

RIP

Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:18 pm

RIP Nighthawk
i knew Ian for about 3 Years myself we have been out of contact for a while but yes he will be sadly missed Ian always supported everything i did even to say he was going to do some photo's for me at my Elvis events sad news indeed my thoughts go out to His family Ian Rest in Peace my Friend :(
Last edited by TCBinaflash on Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:24 pm

So sorry to read about his passing. May he rest in peace.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:32 pm

Sad news indeed.

RIP Nighthawk.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:51 pm

Really sad news... May he rest in peace and best wishes to his family. Now he is in a better place for sure.

Best Regards
Renan.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:01 pm

This is terribly sad news. :(

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:35 pm

Rest in peace, buddy. I'll miss our banter. Thank you for being such a great fan and a great friend.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:36 pm

Sad news. It makes me wonder if being an Elvis fan is bad for one's health as I lost quite a few Elvis-friends at a much too young age.
Or is it the bad food situation in the years 1940 - 1955 which caused then newborn babies health problems later on?
Only yesterday someone I was friends with in the '60s passed away at the age of 57 which - as it is my age too - is much too young!

Nighthawk

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:49 pm

The family and I were very shocked when we heard this terrible news on a early saturday morning. I joined the chat in august 2002 and became friends with the Wee-man almost instantly We have met eachother twice, in Newcastle and in Holland. I will always remember the fun chats we had on MSN and in the chatroom. He will be remembered as a generous man who started me up with an Elviscollection I never could have dreamed of having. Our sympathy goes out to his wife Christine, his son david, daughter Linda, his parents and brother. I wish them all the strenght in the world.
Ian, Rest In Peace

Tenn (John)

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:10 pm

RIP Nighthawk. It's always sad to hear of a death in the Elvis family.