FTD Follow that Dream & Tickle me 8" Series?

All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
clambake1967
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

FTD Follow that Dream & Tickle me 8" Series?

Post by clambake1967 »

Taking advantage of the finding of an acetate with the stereo masters of the Follow that Dream soundtrack , which I hope will end with a deal to be released , I thought that a future FTD 8 " release could be that soundtrack along with the another one from Tickle me as a bonus.
It could all fit on two cds.
All the Follow that dream masters in stereo plus all the takes from the session.
As for Tickle Me, only the masters of the songs that were included in the film, plus those that were discarded at the last moment, and as a great gem, for the 1st time the song
I feel that I've known you forever…but in the special vocal version recorded in 1964 for the film and never edited, although it has been confirmed that it exists and is owned by Sony.
I think it is the best opportunity for both soundtracks to appear together in FTD complete sessions 8", and for this double reason to attract fans to purchase it.
::rocks

ForeverElvis
Registered for: 21 years

Re: FTD Follow that Dream & Tickle me 8" Series?

Post by ForeverElvis »

I hadn’t heard that the Follow That Dream Stereo Masters had been found, on Acetate. When was that announced, Is there a link?

Always Elvis
Anthony

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: FTD Follow that Dream & Tickle me 8

Post by minkahed »

ForeverElvis wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:00 am
I hadn’t heard that the Follow That Dream Stereo Masters had been found, on Acetate. When was that announced, Is there a link?
A few weeks ago on the Phoenix board, then here.

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

minkahed wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
Found by whom and where?
Is there a link?

Always Elvis
Anthony

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by minkahed »

ForeverElvis wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:37 pm
minkahed wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
Found by whom and where?
Is there a link?
Sorry bro, I completely forgot about this thread, but to answer your question, I’m not really sure which thread it was, I just remember reading about the Stereo tapes, ala Follow That Dream the soundtrack, being recently discovered over at the Phoenix message board.

I’m sure since April you’ve found out more information.

In fact, if you have any information, pass it along my way please. OK.😊

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Keith
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Keith »

minkahed wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
minkahed wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
Found by whom and where?
Is there a link?
Sorry bro, I completely forgot about this thread, but to answer your question, I’m not really sure which thread it was, I just remember reading about the Stereo tapes, ala Follow That Dream the soundtrack, being recently discovered over at the Phoenix message board.

In fact, if you have any information, pass it along my way please. OK.Image
Daryl Restly posted that he had discovered an acetate containing the stereo masters from Follow That Dream. Hopefully it can be cleaned up and used by FTD/Sony

Keith

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

Keith wrote:
minkahed wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
minkahed wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
Found by whom and where?
Is there a link?

Daryl Restly posted that he had discovered an acetate containing the stereo masters from Follow That Dream. Hopefully it can be cleaned up and used by FTD/Sony

Keith
Thank you Keith. I agree, let’s hope we can hear them in the not too distant future.

Who is Daryl Restly?

Always Elvis
Anthony

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

A sessions set hasn’t been done yet on the FTD movie. That would be a great time to get them out.

On Tape 1972
Registered for: 1 year 11 months

Post by On Tape 1972 »

ForeverElvis wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:11 am
Keith wrote:
minkahed wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
minkahed wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
Found by whom and where?
Is there a link?

Keith
Thank you Keith. I agree, let’s hope we can hear them in the not too distant future.

Who is Daryl Restly?
He has posted some lovely background information on Tunzi's upcoming Sessions IV over on the Phoenix message board. Just yesterday: https://theelvisforum-phoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14628&start=45#p195583

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

On Tape 1972 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:07 am
ForeverElvis wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:11 am
Keith wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:13 am

Keith

Who is Daryl Restly?

He has posted some lovely background information on Tunzi's upcoming Sessions IV over on the Phoenix message board. Just yesterday: https://theelvisforum-phoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14628&start=45#p195583

Lovely, or a confusing series of run-on sentences? When it comes to this fellow, an assistant to JAT, you should not put all your eggs in his basket. I've found the obsession with paperwork, coupled with a lack of background history, interferes with his ability to properly interpret what it may or may not mean.

As for a "stereo acetate" from the July 1961 Nashville sessions for "Follow That Dream," the question would be why. RCA Victor EPA 4368 was issued in MONO in April 1962, and the first stereo releases were decades later. Who might be cutting stereo acetates in the mid-nineties?

Also, it's unlikely restoring this so-called discovery would be green-lit by SONY.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!