Post here all reviews related to Offical RCA/BMG/FTD releases

Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:49 pm

Back in the old vinyl days my favourite 70s album was That's The Way It Is, closeley followed by Elvis Country.

After all the repackaging that has been going down in the CD age, my favourite 70s disc is disc #3 of the Walk A Mile In My Shoes box.

Now that we're in the make-up-your-own-compilations-on-your-PC age, my favourite 70s Elvis is my home made 2 disc compilation of Elvis's 1970 studio masters.

To my mind Elvis reached his career best in 1970 and while I like most 70s Elvis, albums such as Moody Blue can't hold a candle to his 1970 stuff in my mind.

Jules

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:05 pm

Now this is what I call digging into the archives.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:26 pm

Rob wrote:Now this is what I call digging into the archives.


Well the old threads ain't locked up or anything! Sheesh - I had planned to read further back and add any thoughts I might have had. Not sure I should bother now.

:?

Jules

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:29 pm

That's what they are there for. Help yourself and have fun.
Welcome to the board.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:02 pm

Rob wrote:That's what they are there for. Help yourself and have fun.
Welcome to the board.


Thanks. Is it built with me in mind? Do miracles still happen here from time to time?

:lol:

Jules

......moody blue

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:23 pm

Well talking about Moody Blue.......what do you guys thinnk about the Jungle Room Sessions CD.......I really really love that one

Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:12 am

Moody Blue was one of my earliest Elvis purchases and I still love it. The Jungle room sessions is great also. The version of Way Down on there in particular is better than the MB version. And though I know its been said before Why o why didnt Elvis do a vocal for "Theres a fire down below"?

Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:17 pm

bray1977 wrote:Moody Blue was one of my earliest Elvis purchases and I still love it. The Jungle room sessions is great also. The version of Way Down on there in particular is better than the MB version. And though I know its been said before Why o why didnt Elvis do a vocal for "Theres a fire down below"?


the Lp MOODY BLUE was one of the first Elvis records I ever owned and it still carries a special place with me to this day.

as a whole, I love it, great selection of songs and it still holds up and has dated well, even with the '74 live, Let Me Be There added to the track list.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:58 am

minkahed wrote:
the Lp MOODY BLUE was one of the first Elvis records I ever owned and it still carries a special place with me to this day.

as a whole, I love it, great selection of songs and it still holds up and has dated well, even with the '74 live, Let Me Be There added to the track list.


Too bad the Let Me Be There track were removed from the upgraded Moody Blue cd! That ruined the upgrade in my opinion.

The argument for removing it, as I understood it, was that Let Me Be There belonged to another release (i.e Live On Stage In Memphis), and that it would be wrong to include it on the Moody Blue re-release because of that.

Well... When did this begin to matter to the RCA/ BMG people?

It's not like there's never been any duplicated Elvis material on any LPs or CDs before..? :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian

Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:47 am

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
minkahed wrote:
the Lp MOODY BLUE was one of the first Elvis records I ever owned and it still carries a special place with me to this day.

as a whole, I love it, great selection of songs and it still holds up and has dated well, even with the '74 live, Let Me Be There added to the track list.


Too bad the Let Me Be There track were removed from the upgraded Moody Blue cd! That ruined the upgrade in my opinion.

The argument for removing it, as I understood it, was that Let Me Be There belonged to another release (i.e Live On Stage In Memphis), and that it would be wrong to include it on the Moody Blue re-release because of that.

Well... When did this begin to matter to the RCA/ BMG people?

It's not like there's never been any duplicated Elvis material on any LPs or CDs before..? :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian


you're absolutely correct Kristian!!!

and another thing about that upgrade, WHY IN THE HELL DID THEY CHANGE THE ARTWORK???????????

Don't get me wrong, I love the pic they used, but not in place of the original!!!

everytime I look at the disc or see it in stores, it jus grates on me...

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:36 pm

minkahed wrote:
Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
minkahed wrote:
the Lp MOODY BLUE was one of the first Elvis records I ever owned and it still carries a special place with me to this day.

as a whole, I love it, great selection of songs and it still holds up and has dated well, even with the '74 live, Let Me Be There added to the track list.


Too bad the Let Me Be There track were removed from the upgraded Moody Blue cd! That ruined the upgrade in my opinion.

The argument for removing it, as I understood it, was that Let Me Be There belonged to another release (i.e Live On Stage In Memphis), and that it would be wrong to include it on the Moody Blue re-release because of that.

Well... When did this begin to matter to the RCA/ BMG people?

It's not like there's never been any duplicated Elvis material on any LPs or CDs before..? :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian


you're absolutely correct Kristian!!!

and another thing about that upgrade, WHY IN THE HELL DID THEY CHANGE THE ARTWORK???????????

Don't get me wrong, I love the pic they used, but not in place of the original!!!

everytime I look at the disc or see it in stores, it jus grates on me...



Good question! The original Moody Blue artwork was a classic, and lightyears better than the cover on the upgrade!

Too bad, really...

Br
Kristian

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:54 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
minkahed wrote:
Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
minkahed wrote:
the Lp MOODY BLUE was one of the first Elvis records I ever owned and it still carries a special place with me to this day.

as a whole, I love it, great selection of songs and it still holds up and has dated well, even with the '74 live, Let Me Be There added to the track list.


Too bad the Let Me Be There track were removed from the upgraded Moody Blue cd! That ruined the upgrade in my opinion.

The argument for removing it, as I understood it, was that Let Me Be There belonged to another release (i.e Live On Stage In Memphis), and that it would be wrong to include it on the Moody Blue re-release because of that.

Well... When did this begin to matter to the RCA/ BMG people?

It's not like there's never been any duplicated Elvis material on any LPs or CDs before..? :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian


you're absolutely correct Kristian!!!

and another thing about that upgrade, WHY IN THE HELL DID THEY CHANGE THE ARTWORK???????????

Don't get me wrong, I love the pic they used, but not in place of the original!!!

everytime I look at the disc or see it in stores, it jus grates on me...



Good question! The original Moody Blue artwork was a classic, and lightyears better than the cover on the upgrade!

Too bad, really...

Br
Kristian


Absolutely, that original artwork remains one of the earliest memories of my Elvis fandom. I have turned my CD cover inside out so that the original artwork is now my cover. Much better. :D :D :D

Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:19 am

C...Don"t know how it could be called his?! best from the 70"s.

I would put TODAY up there..as it has a good mix of tunes (types) that can be played what ever the mood is YOU TALKING £$^%&(^^ sorry folks,lack o" pandrops.
















:P

Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:56 am

I'd expect when/if the FTD 7" version comes around it will feature the original album artwork in all its glory and should include Let Me Be There. I hope FTD release all the original albums in this format as the artwork looks great on the larger surface!

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:21 am

100% on that...is it just me? :( but i find the masters of the TODAY cd,seems not to have the punch in the mix,as the 2nd cd has ?.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:09 am

iamhekev wrote:100% on that...is it just me? :( but i find the masters of the TODAY cd,seems not to have the punch in the mix,as the 2nd cd has ?.


Are you trying to be an idiot?

cuz it's workin...! :D

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:11 am

bray1977 wrote:Absolutely, that original artwork remains one of the earliest memories of my Elvis fandom. I have turned my CD cover inside out so that the original artwork is now my cover. Much better. :D :D :D


I did exactly the same thing!

great minds think alike!

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:19 am

minkahed wrote:great minds think alike!


I'll get back to you on that.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:54 pm

minkahed wrote:
iamhekev wrote:100% on that...is it just me? :( but i find the masters of the TODAY cd,seems not to have the punch in the mix,as the 2nd cd has ?.


Are you trying to be an idiot?

cuz it's workin...! :D



No...you thick :?: cause its working :P

Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:43 am

uh...ok...whatever you say... :roll:

Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:44 am

Rob wrote:
minkahed wrote:great minds think alike!


Two great minds relaxing and listening to the soothing sounds of Moody Blue
Image


so, what are you implying ROB?

that isn't you and your date tonite, is it? :lol:

Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:28 pm

Moody Blue was the very first Elvis CD i bought (in '92).
It's interesting to know how non Elvis fans rate the title song.

http://forums.sky.fm/showthread.php?t=947