new book IMAGES a photo documentary

Post Here All Reviews Of Books/Magazines

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
stranger
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

new book IMAGES a photo documentary

Post by stranger »

Today I received a great book by Patrick Janssen and Constantijn Zantingh with the title IMAGES a photo documentary.
This hardback book is published by Elvis For Everyone Productions and contains over 300 exclusive photos in B/W and color, including 250 previously unpublished photos.
Including: THE ROCKIN' 50'S - LAS VEGAS 1956 - HIS FIRST MOVIES - THE ARMY YEARS - G.I. BLUES - FLAMING STAR - WILD IN THE COUNTRY - BLUE HAWAII – SPORTS - FOLLOW THAT DREAM - MORE HOLLYWOOD! - ON LOCATION FOR FILMING CLAMBAKE - THE WEDDING - SPEEDWAY (1967) - STAY AWAY JOE - THE COMEBACK SPECIAL - CHARRO! UNCENCORED (1968) - THE TROUBLE WITH GIRLS - CHANGE OF HABIT - LAS VEGAS '69 - THAT'S THE WAY IT IS - HOUSTON WELCOMES ELVIS - ELVIS AND HIS FANS - THE HILTON PRESS CONFERENCE - THE CONCERT YEARS - LET'S TAKE IT ON HOME - CANDID ON CAMERA

Indeed most of the photo's I hadn't seen before.
It also includes a bonus DVD with rare footage from the army years / the wedding / Graceland '73 and Huntsville '75

Great book and DVD !!!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KevR
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Re: new book IMAGES a photo documentary

Post by KevR »

Nice, haven't seen that cover shot before

pjdlibra
Registered for: 16 years

Post by pjdlibra »

Wow I definitely must get this book --all this Elvis goodies
Thank you so much
stranger wrote:Today I received a great book by Patrick Janssen and Constantijn Zantingh with the title IMAGES a photo documentary.
This hardback book is published by Elvis For Everyone Productions and contains over 300 exclusive photos in B/W and color, including 250 previously unpublished photos.
Including: THE ROCKIN' 50'S - LAS VEGAS 1956 - HIS FIRST MOVIES - THE ARMY YEARS - G.I. BLUES - FLAMING STAR - WILD IN THE COUNTRY - BLUE HAWAII – SPORTS - FOLLOW THAT DREAM - MORE HOLLYWOOD! - ON LOCATION FOR FILMING CLAMBAKE - THE WEDDING - SPEEDWAY (1967) - STAY AWAY JOE - THE COMEBACK SPECIAL - CHARRO! UNCENCORED (1968) - THE TROUBLE WITH GIRLS - CHANGE OF HABIT - LAS VEGAS '69 - THAT'S THE WAY IT IS - HOUSTON WELCOMES ELVIS - ELVIS AND HIS FANS - THE HILTON PRESS CONFERENCE - THE CONCERT YEARS - LET'S TAKE IT ON HOME - CANDID ON CAMERA

Indeed most of the photo's I hadn't seen before.
It also includes a bonus DVD with rare footage from the army years / the wedding / Graceland '73 and Huntsville '75

Great book and DVD !!!!!!!!!!

K.C.
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by K.C. »

This is just the press information, not a review, can you give some more details?

Your daily Elvis News Blog: http://www.ElvisDayByDay.com
Elvis Day By Day Yearbooks available https://www.poplartunes.com/books-store

Topic author
stranger
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by stranger »

K.C. wrote:This is just the press information, not a review, can you give some more details?
I'm not good in reviewing a book, but the writer, Patrick Janssen, is a member of this board also. Maybe he can give more detailed information about this book.

I must say, I have a lot of so called photobooks. Almost all of Ger Rijff, Sean Shaver, Bud Glass.
In my opinion this book is standing just below these.
There is minimum text in this book, only quotes from Elvis himself, and it would have been nice when there was more info about when and where some of the photos were taken.

The bonus dvd has some rare newsreel items and a few other things:
It's not that long, but there was a lot that I hadn't seen yet.
IMAGES - gallery (photo's) 2:43
The Army Years (part one) 3:14
The Army Years (part two) 2:58
The Wedding 0:25
Graceland '73 7:07 filmed by Dutch fans (see the book Caught In A Trap, also the banner can be seen here).
Huntsville '75 3:13