DVD / BluRay Help Please

Post Here All Reviews Of Films and DVD's

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Rat Rod Elvis
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

DVD / BluRay Help Please

Post by Rat Rod Elvis »

I would like to get a copy of the '68 TV show on BluRay if possible, but if not, on DVD. I would like to get the most complete version out....rehearsals, out-takes etc. if available. Can someone please advise me as to which one I should get, and where I can purchase it.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Bob

www.RatRodStudios.com

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Mood:

Re: DVD / BluRay Help Please

Post by keninlincs »

this version is available at amazon.com and ebay etc
no bluray
Ken
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6108378/Elvis-Presley-68-Comeback-Special/Product.html

share this Elvis Presley: '68 Comeback Special (3 Discs) with friends on Facebook
share this Elvis Presley: '68 Comeback Special (3 Discs) with friends on Twitter
share this Elvis Presley: '68 Comeback Special (3 Discs) with friends on email

Elvis Presley: '68 Comeback Special (3 Discs)

Released on 04 August 2008

Featuring: Elvis Presley

Format: DVD | Rating: Exempt from Classification

(3 customer reviews) | Write a review
No Listings are available for this product

Description
Customer Reviews (3)
Delivery & Returns
Product Details

When in June 1968 Elvis Presley made a television special to be aired in December of the same year, he accomplished two things. He saved his career, and he made the best music of his life. Wearing a black leather suit as if he were born in it - Elvis sang his old songs, but they did not sound old. He invested them with so much emotion that suddenly these were less songs than events-where anything could happen, where everything did.

The 3 discs that make up this Deluxe Edition are a treasure chest of that moment: the special itself, as it aired on December 3, 1968; the two complete "Sit Down" shows, the rough, improvised, altogether explosive attacks on the likes of "One Night," "Lawdy Miss Clawdy," and "Blue Christmas," with the audience so close Elvis could touch the people in it, and did; the two "Arena Shows," Elvis appearing on his own, again before audiences, with a big band and chorus off stage; and three-and-a-half hours of bonus material, alternate stagings of the skits and dramatized musical numbers from the show-some of them a lot hotter than anything that made it to the screen.

The most comprehensive presentation of the footage of this historic event, all with meticulously remastered sound and picture, more than half of its seven hours of content previously unreleased.

Disc 1: Available for the first time, the original Elvis television special as it first aired on NBC on December 3, 1968. Available in their absolute entirety for the first time, both of the black leather sit-down shows - Elvis, clad in black leather, performing jam sessions with original band-mates Scotty Moore and D.J. Fontana, and friends

Discs 2: Available in their absolute entirety for the first time, both of the black leather stand-up shows - Elvis, clad in black leather, performing solo on stage. Available for the first time, everything in its complete, raw form, used and unused takes:

Trouble/Guitar Man opening of the special
Gospel production number
Guitar Man production number
If I Can Dream show closer
Elvis scene shot for the closing credits roll without the credits roll
The complete taping session for Elvis's on-camera "huh-huh-huh" promotional tag for the television special
The exciting new If I Can Dream music video created for this DVD set combining white-suit finale w/ black-leather performance footage

Disc 3: All components/takes shot for the gospel production number and the Guitar Man production number

-instagram kenh1964

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by rjm »

With video tape, it's important to set up your set to the 4:3 aspect ratio. Also, I don't know how to stop it from upscaling, but experiment so you get no smearing and a clear, sharp standard definition picture.

If set up right, it should look as great as ever. And it looks great!

The version above is superb, and only has about two tiny things left out in a production number. It's otherwise more than anyone could hope for.

Now, there are experts here in DVD compression, and they could tell you if anything else can be done for the tapes. I kind of doubt it, but I would like to know if it's the best standard definition possible.

It will never be HD. So Blu-Ray would be pointless. Video tape does not have the definition for it. And that's that.

You should enjoy this!

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

Topic author
Rat Rod Elvis
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Rat Rod Elvis »

Many thanks to both of you for all this great information ....really much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Bob

www.RatRodStudios.com