EVIS MILLENIUM 8 DVD-BOX-SET

Post Here All Reviews Of Films and DVD's

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
ale
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

EVIS MILLENIUM 8 DVD-BOX-SET

Post by ale »

does someone know about this dvd set??...is it good??
thanks in advance :)
Ale

Post by Guest »

Em.. I cant say anything about it yet, its coming in the post to me this week. It should be great though. Its an 8DVDD box set with over 19 hours of footage on it. The DVD's are factory printed too :D

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

The boxset is essential to all Elvis fan's collection. I got it as a christmas present back in 2002 as i was starting out as a fan, and since then even now, there will be a few times where i will pull out one of the episodes. There are some wonderful and rare photographs, a good bit of 8mm concert footage, and over 200 interviews from different people who had some kind of association with Elvis. Anyone that does'nt have it NEEDS to get it. Save up, get some one to get it for you, just somehow get it!! 8)

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

Topic author
ale
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by ale »

so there is not 8mm footage in all of them??
is true that the quality of the footage is one of the best out there?
cheers, and thanks!

MattC

Post by MattC »

Would this happen to be the same thing as The Definitive Elvis 8 vhs tapes or dvd set?

omnipresence
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by omnipresence »

I got this set today and its very dissapointing, its just 8 single releases put together. Its advertised as having the best footage available and it just simply isnt. I baught the set for 45 pounds (90 dollars) and I was hoping for 19 hours of good quality elvis. When instead Ive got a mix of random releases thrown together in a set.
I was hoping to see some new footage, after all it did say "all unreleased" - and what happens, everything is old footage. :evil:

Heres a list of the thigs on the DVD's

DVD1 : Tiger Man - DVD of small clips from the 70's - all known stuff

DVD2 : I'll be there Vol1 - (Great DVD but I allready have it, )

DVD3 : I'll be there Vol2 - (Great DVD but I allready have it,)

DVD4 : Final Days (Poor Quality Rips of Rapid City and Omaha, with cbs special)

DVD5 : Live Spirits (Great DVD but I allready have it)

DVD6: In Person 1970-1973

DVD7: Coming on Strong

DVD8: Pieces of my Life

This set was clearly advertised as a, wait for it, RARE fan club set. There was absolutelly no mention of it being a set of well known DVD's all readilly available.

I dont even know how they can put all these different dvd's together and call it their own. Its just completelly misleading. There must be a lot of people buying this set without realising what they were getting into.

As you probably know there have been some new videos posted on youtube by a user under the name of tcbhome. These are all from the DVD pieces of my life, anybody who watches them would think that they represented the whole set. That is not the case.

Also, tcbhome advertises the dvd's as new, which they are deffinatelly not, we have proof of that with somebody on this forum saying they got a copy in 2002.

I have nothing against tcbhome himself, I got another DVD from him which was fine. This is just a heads up about the set itself, it is really bad. Dont get sucked in.

If anybody wants I can post the advert which makes the set seem like the be all and end all of the import market. Then you'll be able to see for yourselves what a waste of money it is, in my opinion.

DarrylMac
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by DarrylMac »

Omnipresence - I think the guy who said he got it in 2002 was talking about the definitive Elvis box set - the legitimate release with all of the interviews in it, not the set you're talking about.

The set you have does sound like a rip off - what a shame, and hopefully, at least you'll help others not to make the same mistake.

omnipresence

Post by omnipresence »

I thaught that might be it. Becuase Scott Haigh 781990EP said the set was really good, and the one I recieved just isnt.

Its pretty annoying, but hey, what can you do. Like you said darryl, I'll be helping others not make the same mistake. Here is the advertisement I got, you'll see it has no mention of any star releases - just that it is a rare fan club edition. There are also some other so called fan club edditions you should stay away from, these are Elvis Millenium Reloded and Elvis Pure Diamonds ;)

Tony Trout
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Tony Trout »

Thanks for the heads up but for those of us (like myself) who don't have these DVDs--except for the Omaha/Rapid City/Elvis In Concert footage--it's a great help to know that it's out there.

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

omnipresence

Post by omnipresence »

Thats true. I got all the star releases ages ago for 6 pounds each (12dollars)So if youre going to get them, dont get this set :wink: