NEW DVD - ELVIS ON ELVIS

Post Here All Reviews Of Films and DVD's

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
karlos
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

NEW DVD - ELVIS ON ELVIS

Post by karlos »

firstly and utmost - i must apologise for this part review of this dvd set .

i just got this and thought that i would share this with u all. - enjoy .the post .

DISC1- starts with song of American Tilogy Played as back ground with very nice stills from Aloha , , t.t.w.i.i. , Anaheim -76 , and various stills . whilst tese are shown - tehre is dialogu played as background from Vegas 69 and other Vegas shows depicting Elvis sharing stories of his life .(career etc ) . :wink: :wink:

There is a small part of dialogue, too on this part of this dvd set of Elvis speaking from Sept. 2nd 74 about drugs etc - :P :P

Then after this - Larry Geller speaks of Elvis of his last day at Grace land . Very sad and interesting tho-, Jerry Schlling and Lamar Fike is shown whilst Jerry speaks . :D :D

this is part ofd section shown as preview of whats expected on this dvd set .-

Rare footage of Elvis birthplace is shown , dialogue from Elvis is played as background - :wink:

Some stills of Elvis as a baby is shown at this point of dvd , and more un seen footage is shown of birthplace at :wink: Tupelo.-

There are more stills shown as Elvis explains to us - about his early years .- :wink:

You then see the color screen test of Elvis singing- Blue Suede Shoes- . this is shown and a black and White piece of footage is shown from - Milton Berle show., . :wink:
this song is played in its entirety switching froim color to Black and white footage . Very Interesting in deed .- good closeups are shown .-

After this we get to see the script of - Elvis LIFE -

Jan. 8th 1935-
Born at - 4.35AM -
First Born Brother -Jesse Garon is still born .- :wink:

Still of Gladys , Vernon and Elvis is shown and Eddie FADALis shown telling us about the early days . VERY interersting in deed .-
More stills are shown at this section of dvd as we get to hera the complete J. C. Awards Speech . :)

Then we are shown - MONEY HONEY- from Dorsey show.-
Footage is very clear ,
We get to see different camera angles not seen before at this stage on this brill Dvd .-
gain dialogue is played at various sections with more stills shown - many not seen before .-
Dialogue is from Vegas - :wink:

At this point of dvd - footage of Memphis is shown - :wink:

This is very interesting to see.- :idea:

We get to see extended fooatge of Elvis with G. KLEIN at tis point at radio station .- :wink:

We then get to hear as background music the song - ILL NEVER STAND IN YOUR WAY .-As more black and white and color footage is shown from '56. .
The B./White footage is rare and have not seenin its entirety .
The color footage is from Ruswood PARK -MEMPHIS . Its extended with shots never seen before - I feel. :P

W e are then treated in seeing the Louisville appearance in its entirety

again i feel- all un seen before .- very rare indeed .-

MANY more footage is shown and dialogue played - many un released before -

THIS IS PART OF WHATS TO BE EXPECTED ON NEW DVD SET -
ELVIS ON ELVIS .
:wink: :wink: :wink:
BUY IT AND IM SURE THAT U WILL ENJOY THIS SET .

MANY MORE RARE FOOTAGE IS SHOWN ON THIS 2 DVD SET . ENJOY. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Joe Car
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Joe Car »

Thanks for the review and headsup Karlos!

Topic author
karlos

NEW DVD

Post by karlos »

:wink: :wink: thanx Joe Car in response to my post .

go and get the dvd for your self and enjoy it , just like i am enjoyin it .

bc55
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by bc55 »

Hey guys,

I must agree, even though most of the footage included in this DVD has been circulated before, I have yet to come across a release that features it in such a stunning quality.

The 1956 Louisville police footage for example is immaculate, so is the Russwood Park color footage. And it is certainly contained in its entirety, although I sometimes had the feeling they used certain segments more than once to make the clip longer, so it would last a complete song's length.

What annoyed me though was that they used an impersonator's version of American Trilogy for the menus, that doesn't sound like Elvis to me, more like Ronnie McDowell or someone like that .....

I really hope the upcoming Ed Sullivan DVD will have such good quality on the footage .....

Cheers

BC55

bc55
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by bc55 »

..... and this reply above has been made by someone too bored to do something sensible, deciding to waste other peoples' time .....

Let's see you do a better review then, be our guest.

Oh, and thanks for the distance and neutral aspect in your post when you called the posts before BS .....

Great advice !

BC55

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

macuser wrote:
1st:

If you do a review always show pictures and the cover so we all know what we are talking about.

2nd:

Always add if the review asks for it sound and if possible movie-parts so it completes the whole review and you get the whole picture as an outsider.

This so called review is simply bs and is not a review but just an personal experience wich as a review is always made with some distance and neutral aspect.
Very un-called for.

Thanks for posting the review - shame there are not more people who can be bothered to make reviews and comments about current releases rather than posting junk and gormless moaning!! :evil:

Post by Guest »

macuser wrote:
1st:

If you do a review always show pictures and the cover so we all know what we are talking about.

2nd:

Always add if the review asks for it sound and if possible movie-parts so it completes the whole review and you get the whole picture as an outsider.

This so called review is simply bs and is not a review but just an personal experience wich as a review is always made with some distance and neutral aspect.

You know the word people.... TROLL

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

ChrisG- the younger wrote: You know the word people.... TROLL
I was thinking more complete tosser, but I guess Troll works too.

Post by Guest »

BIGREDG wrote:
ChrisG- the younger wrote: You know the word people.... TROLL
I was thinking more complete tosser, but I guess Troll works too.
Tomato, Tomato.
:lol:

sorry, that really doesn't work when written (typed).

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Tom8o , Tomahto?

Post by Guest »

BIGREDG wrote:Tom8o , Tomahto?
Well done that man!

TONY

CHEAP

Post by TONY »

I have just watched this DVD an it is unmittigated garbage! It's all cheaply and unnoficially put together using public domain footage and previously released spoken word stuff. It is out of context some of the time and the "bonus disc" lasts just 27 minutes when they could havec put that paltry material on the main disc. This is cheap cashing in at it's worst featuring NOTHING that most respectable fans havn't already got.

ColinB

Re: CHEAP

Post by ColinB »

TONY wrote:I have just watched this DVD an it is unmittigated garbage! It's all cheaply and unnoficially put together using public domain footage and previously released spoken word stuff. It is out of context some of the time and the "bonus disc" lasts just 27 minutes when they could havec put that paltry material on the main disc. This is cheap cashing in at it's worst featuring NOTHING that most respectable fans havn't already got.
Tony - Well, thanks for that !

Your opinion agrees with my original 'review' [in another thread].

I was beginning to think I'd seen a different DVD from the one Karlos describes !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
karlos

Re:

Post by karlos »

Joe Car wrote:Thanks for the review and headsup Karlos!
........................................................................................
Yvw Joe Car my friend - I Do Love Elvis As A Loyal Fan Of Many Years Now And I Do Try My Utmost Best - So I thank you Mr . Joe Car -For Ya Support And Kind Words - TCE4Evr -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leonardo Moreno
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Re: NEW DVD - ELVIS ON ELVIS

Post by Leonardo Moreno »

very nice

Topic author
karlos

Re: NEW DVD - ELVIS ON ELVIS

Post by karlos »

Leonardo Moreno wrote:very nice
Ty Leonardo Moreno for comment - God Bles Yu Buddy - Enjoy ya stay ere on this grt Elvis forum - Nice ta have met yu buddy - TCE4Evr - ::rocks