Post Here All Reviews Of Films and DVD's

re on tour rehersals dvd

Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:00 pm

i just recived my copy of the ON TOUR REHERSALS DVD , and what can I say except WOW! Not only is the picture sharp as a tack it is beautifully done, this is definetly a fans dream come true, and thank you to the fans who put it together, you've done a tremendous job, BURNING LOVE STUDIO REHERSAL, E.P. is definetly enjoying this and it looks as if ronnie is also, The backstge footage interview with the russian fan is quite fascinating, I don't want to spoil this for the fans so i'll just say GET IT and you better hurry cause it's gonna be withdrawn since TURNER have come down hard on the 2 guys who took it, I'm sure the money they made more than compensated the sh*t they are in, A job well done!

Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:16 pm

I've gotten about 5 different versions of the outtakes...and they're all crap in terms of quality, to say the least ! Stay away from Ebay sellers !
:(

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:47 pm

What version are you referring to?

Could you please post the cover-pic?

Joern

Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:34 pm

Joern wrote:What version are you referring to?

Joern

Hi Joern,

It would'nt matter which cover, because those money sucking leeches on Ebay would basically send you a DVD cover that was awfully xeroxed from the one advertised all blurry and unreadable ..... . And on top of that the DVD's are all actually DVD-R's and BADDLY made.. with awful quality.....Ive ordered 5 different ones (of the EOT outtakes) from 5 different dealers on EBAY, I've basically been ripped off from all of them. I sincerely urge you to sway away from dealing with those money hungry maggots on Ebay (you know who you are , you UK bastards !!!) . The same applies with the TTWII outtakes...I ordered one set.. 11 DVD's ..paid about 150 British pounds ..only to get some discs that dont even play on my DVD !!! And to top it off ..they wouldnt accept refunds because theyre easy to copy. Live and learn my dear friend, live and learn ...hopefully you'll learn before you make that dreadful mistake of buying them and throwing away your hard earned money like I did. :( :( :( :(

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:31 pm

moodyblue1 wrote:
Joern wrote:What version are you referring to?

Joern

Hi Joern,

I sincerely urge you to sway away from dealing with those money hungry maggots on Ebay (you know who you are , you UK bastards !!!) .

It's not only the U.K. I've had copies from the U.S. that are crap quality and some of them were only 45 minutes long. :roll: So it's not just U.K. people ripping others off. :x

Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:43 pm

Anyone who buys these from people selling on e-bay are ripping themselves off. You have a choice, why make the wrong one ?

Re: re on tour rehersals dvd

Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:55 pm

the colonel wrote:i just recived my copy of the ON TOUR REHEARSALS DVD , and what can I say except WOW! Not only is the picture sharp as a tack it is beautifully done, this is definetly a fans dream come true, and thank you to the fans who put it together, you've done a tremendous job, ..

Yes, this one is terrific. Kudos to the maker of this!

Re: re on tour rehersals dvd

Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:57 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Yes, this one is terrific. Kudos to the maker of this!

Yes, but what about Recorded Live On St........

Never mind. I might as well talk to the walls.

Hello walls.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 pm

I got the EOT for free so you can't get me on that... :wink:

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:25 pm

steve you talk as if someone can walk into there local dvd, cd store and buy the dvd off the rack, as for ebay all that seems to be on there for most part is people selling cdr's of import cd's and as told here people selling bad copy of import dvd's , yes its great the footage is out there,guess its only for the few who can obtain a copy huh. and someone ripping somoene off on ebay is not justified,i have had 2 sellers sell me cdr's of imports. guess it was my fault though :)

Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:25 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I got the EOT for free so you can't get me on that.

You're right, I can't.

However, you could take the money that you would have spent on the freebie and spend it on the FTD that you're missing.

When you do finally get it, you'll say I sure wish I would have not been such a cheapskate and bought this much earlier. Rob was definitely right and I should have listened to him. I'll never doubt him again. He is someone who's word I will completely take to heart from now on. He is one hell of a guy. Yes sir, that Rob is definitely one of the great ones.

You just watch and see if you don't say that.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:47 pm

elvis_mania54545 wrote:steve you talk as if someone can walk into there local dvd, cd store and buy the dvd off the rack, as for ebay all that seems to be on there for most part is people selling cdr's of import cd's and as told here people selling bad copy of import dvd's , yes its great the footage is out there,guess its only for the few who can obtain a copy huh. and someone ripping somoene off on ebay is not justified,i have had 2 sellers sell me cdr's of imports. guess it was my fault though :)

No you haven't had two sellers sell you something. you've had two sellers sell somethng you agreed to buy from them. You talk as if it is so one sided.

I didn't talk as if you can walk into a shop etc, that's just plain bollocks.
I talked about e-bay specifically and the pit falls of choosing to buy blind and find out you got your own self ripped off.

How about talking (nicely if that's possible) to fans on here or getting to know fans who you can trust and who would help you out.

I have had just over 60 DVD's sent to me this year for nothing, one package was a spindle full of 25 DVD's, and those are all from fans just wanting to share.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:12 pm

It still isn't right to mislead people in the description of items. I have been ripped off on ebay; although easy to say that you allow yourself to be ripped off, at the end of the day, it still doesn't make it right when people give misleading and false statements.

elvisonline

Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:29 pm

If you don't read it you cannot be mislead.

If you do happen to read it and then you choose to trust that information then you are going to have to take responsibility for your own action.

e-bay is not a shopping mall of businesses. Forget the "misleading advertising" this is people who are selling privately, if it is the UK then its the same rules as "classified ads", the US then this is a garage sale on line.

You want bootleg stuff then get it from people you know and trust. If you don't know the person you are giving money to and if you do not trust that person then award yourself the "Fool Of The Year" award if you go and deliberatley choose to place yourself in that position.

Another way of putting it is this,: Think of it as gambling (for that is waht it really is), you only gamble (I hope) when you can afford to lose the amount you are gambling. If you cannot afford to lose it then keep it simple and don't do it.

People on e-bay know that some people want things so badly that they will believe anything they tell them. Remember that and all the above and if you adhere to it then you won't get your fingers burnt.

Also, I just went to a lot of time and trouble to point all this out to you all. The reason is that I don't want to see you get robbed, i have no interest in the transactions so i have no reason to lie, the sellers on the other hand do have a reason to lie, that reason is called your money.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:01 am

Steve you are RIGHT!!! There are people on this board that are REALLY generous about sharing. I have met (well, figuratively speaking) 3 of them so far. I have met others who have given me really good advice. Trust the people you know here and you won't go wrong!! I almost did something on ebay that was dumb and two of them advised me DON'T DO IT!! They were correct, and I didn't do it!
sue

Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:36 pm

Steve_M wrote:You want bootleg stuff then get it from people you know and trust.

That's the key.

Reading a person's feedback comments will go a long way for you as well. There is a reason that feedback is there. Use it.

Also, stay away from anyone with hidden feedback. There's also a reason for that.

on tour outakes dvd

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:17 pm

i'm new here and think this is a really great forum. Ihave bin hearing so much about this dvd set, both good and bad, i would like to know if anyone can let me know of a reputible dealer who i can send a money order to, and have a good copy of this dvd. So how about it ? can anyone help me out with a good ntsc copy?

EOT

Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:00 pm

those who dont want it dont try locate it and buy it simple as
those who buy multiple copies off ebay use your loaf?
most of the crap versions come from the states

anyone who buys 5 or more copies from different ebayers must be rich or plain stupid i think the last one fits better

those that really want to see all the footage are greatfull that they can in any quality, as those that have the quality footage are not about to let us see it so for those who want it get it, its great dont be put off with all the horror stories coming out of this board , if its a good price, reputable contacts, its worth it as those at turner are blind to see there is a greatmarket for this footage but we may have it in 10yrs but then dont hold your breath!!

just stay away from the czech release of eot its crap!

if moodyblue wants 5 copies of me i could do with a few new cds!