Post Here All Reviews Of Films and DVD's

DVD Elvis Presley On Stage: The rock 'n' roll years

Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:21 pm

Front of the digipack has the same photo as on the first Elvis Presley LP (LPM-1254) while other photo's are from a Louisiana Hayride appearance.
The DVD is NTSC which may explain that when Elvis' head moves fast, it appears kinda "jumpy" while the remainder of the screen remains o.k.
Total Running Time is 120 minutes and you see:

S = Sullivan show
D = Dorsey show
B = Milton Berle show
A = Steve Allen show
F = Frank Sinatra show
all information as stated on back of DVD-digipack - dón't shoot the messenger!

Good rockin' tonight (photo's) - Blue suede shoes (screentest in colour) - Don't be cruel (S3) - Shake, rattle and roll (D) - Love me tender (S1) - Hound dog (S1) - Ready teddy (S) - Too much (S) - When my blue moon turns to gold again (S) - Peace in the valley (S) - Heartbreak hotel (B) - Money honey (D) - Blue suede shoes (B) - Love me (S) - Baby let's play house (D) - Don't be cruel (S1) - Tutti frutti (D) - I want you, I need you, I love you (A) - Don't be cruel (S2) - Heartbreak hotel (D) - Fame and fortune (F) - I want you, I need you, I love you (B) - Hound dog (B) - Range round up (A) - Stuck on you (F) - Hound dog (A) - Love me tender (S2) - Hound dog (S2) - Shake rattle and roll (B) - Heartbreak hotel (B) - Blue suede shoes 1 (B) - Blue suede shoes 2 (B) - Shake rattle and roll (D) - I got a woman (D) - Baby let's play house (D) - Tutti frutti 1 (D) - Blue suede shoes 1 (D) - Heartbreak hotel 1 (D) - Tutti frutti 2 (D) - I was the one (D) - Blue suede shoes 2 (D) - Heartbreak hotel 2 (D) - Money honey (D) - Heartbreak hotel (D) - I was the one (end)

Yes, I have noticed some tracks are repeated!

This is a DVD EPE/BMG should release!

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:25 pm

hi luuk
you showed a tracklisting with song titles repeated....I wonder if also the performances are repeated or it's just a mistake on the cover???

Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:40 pm

ale wrote:hi luuk
you showed a tracklisting with song titles repeated....I wonder if also the performances are repeated or it's just a mistake on the cover???

I had the idea I saw the same performances.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:16 am

hey luuk...do you really recommed this dvd??

what do you mean with this:

"...when Elvis' head moves fast, it appears kinda "jumpy" while the remainder of the screen remains o.k. "

this means the picture quality is bad??
please let me know,
thanks, Ale

Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:11 am

ale wrote:hey luuk...do you really recommed this dvd??

what do you mean with this:

"...when Elvis' head moves fast, it appears kinda "jumpy" while the remainder of the screen remains o.k. "

this means the picture quality is bad??
please let me know,
thanks, Ale

It means that the conversion from NTSC to PAL could not cope with the speed of the movement of Elvis' head.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:16 pm

:( I though it was worth to have...
do you still recommend it???
Thanks bud !