Madison's Rock my Soul Cd

Post Here All Reviews Of Bootleg CD's/LP's etc.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Steve1971
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Madison's Rock my Soul Cd

Post by Steve1971 »

Just got this in the mail today and listend to it. Great stero sound to all the songs and much better sounding all around then Sunset Rundown which wasnt bad but dont sound as good as Rock My Soul. The only complaint I have is " Young And Beautiful" is not the same as what was on the FTD On Tour cd. Its more of a rehersal then of what FTD had but that aside I loved Help Me Make It Through The Night. Elvis sings it beautiful. Another thing they could have done was to include the conversation Elvis had with the producers but oh well. This is an excellent wrap up to the On Tour cd's put out by Madison and a good farewell from them as well. I only wish they would have come out with the complete Hampton Roads show but again we should be happy with what we have and these cd's from Madison are excellent and a must have for your On Tour collection.

James27
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Madison's Rock my Soul Cd

Post by James27 »

FTD edited "Young And Beautiful" into something more listenable. On the bootleg you get the unedited track. I happen to like both versions in my collection. If I make a compilation for a friend I include the FTD version. Together with the "Welcome To The Jungle" series, "The American Way" series and the Gravel Road TTWII rehearsal materials on diverse cd's, these two by Madison ("Rock My Soul" and "Sunset Rundown") are the best in-the-studio Elvis bootlegs ever made. And let's not forget "Hillcrest Blues" either. Unbeatable and the pinnacle of quality bootlegging, from the superb packaging to the sound.
Steve1971 wrote:Just got this in the mail today and listend to it. Great stero sound to all the songs and much better sounding all around then Sunset Rundown which wasnt bad but dont sound as good as Rock My Soul. The only complaint I have is " Young And Beautiful" is not the same as what was on the FTD On Tour cd. Its more of a rehersal then of what FTD had but that aside I loved Help Me Make It Through The Night. Elvis sings it beautiful. Another thing they could have done was to include the conversation Elvis had with the producers but oh well. This is an excellent wrap up to the On Tour cd's put out by Madison and a good farewell from them as well. I only wish they would have come out with the complete Hampton Roads show but again we should be happy with what we have and these cd's from Madison are excellent and a must have for your On Tour collection.

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.