All That I Am

Post Here All Reviews Of Bootleg CD's/LP's etc.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Rob

All That I Am

Post by Rob »

This is a great listen because most of it has been previously unreleased. It was recorded mostly in March 1972. It has very good sound quality and Elvis tells some very interesting stories.

One that is rather amusing has Elvis telling about the early days when a guy would ask him for an autograph and then as Elvis starts to sign, the guy would take a swing at him. He said that it happened many times, but stopped when they realized that Elvis was going to fight back.

Much better and clearer responses from Elvis than in Vegas and Hawaii later in the year.

I'm sure that this is the last in-depth interview that Elvis ever gave.

01- Hiring The Stamps Quartet ( March 31, 1972 Los Angeles, CA ) 1:21 ; 02- Musical Roots ( March 31, 1972 Los Angeles, CA ) 10:46 ; 03- Wild Early Years 6:39 ; 04- Entertaining Fans 2:24 ; 05- Assembling Singers And Musicians 3:35 ; 06- Live Performances 0:40 ; 07- Jaycee Awards Speech 2:21 ; 08- First Talent Contest 1:40 ; 09- His Famous Sideburns 1:01 ; 10- Humes High '' Annual Minstrel '' Show, 1953 1:58 ; 11- Driving A Truck And SUN Records 1:43 ; 12- From The Waist Up 1:19 ; 13- Drafted 1:37 ; 14- Jealousy And Acceptance 4:03 ; 15- Trapped In Hollywood 8:44 ; 16- His Entourage 2:09 ; 17- Tour Preparation 4:25 ; 18- Backstage Discussion ( April 15, 1972 Macon,GA ) 0:59 ; 19- With Denise Sanchez ( Albuquerque, NM April 19, 1972 ) 1:05 ; 20- Funny How Time Slips Away ( March 31, 1972 Los Angeles, CA ) 2:50 ; 21- It's Over ( April 10, 1972 Richmond, VA ) 2:19 . Total time = 62:27

ryan97

all that i am

Post by ryan97 »

i wonder how long it will be before footage sneaks out from this release??
surely it was filmed with the rest of eot conversations!!

its a real gem of a cd and listening to elvis he sounds ultra relaxed and very talkative a must for any cd collection

im praying for jailhouse rock, king creole film outtakes that i have heard are currently circulating the underground market any one hear anything anout this?

Tits McGhee

Post by Tits McGhee »

Yes, this is an excellent release. Hearing Elvis talking in such a relaxed way and being very open is just great.

Peter Guralnick's book says this interview was audio-only (it wasn't filmed) and took place in a dressing room at MGM in July 1972.

Releases like this are a refreshing change from all the live CDs - especially the crappy audience recordings that seem to be making a bit of a comeback these days.

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Tits McGhee wrote:Yes, this is an excellent release. Hearing Elvis talking in such a relaxed way and being very open is just great.

Peter Guralnick's book says this interview was audio-only (it wasn't filmed) and took place in a dressing room at MGM in July 1972.

Releases like this are a refreshing change from all the live CDs - especially the crappy audience recordings that seem to be making a bit of a comeback these days.
But several minutes of the filmed interview are featured in the EOT outtakes DVDs (stuff like "we looked and couldn't find it so we're wrapping" etc etc.

Tits McGhee

Post by Tits McGhee »

The interview you're referring to, Bigred (the one in b&w on the DVDs) was done in March 1972. The audio-only interview was done in July '72. It's a totally different thing.

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

I bow to your greater knowledge Tits.

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff

all that I am

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

... A word to the guy reviewing three new boot dvds on the import page. Thats live [ reprint ] , On the screen and On stage [ 50s] are an insult to the eyes of any person with a feel for design. Cool? Its crap from start to finish! You wanna see good design? Pick up one of my more recent Elvis books. No, Im not modest, but a damn good designer.

Ezzz

Post by Ezzz »

I was quite suprised to hear Elvis mention "Tickle Me" as one of his better films, on a pure entertainment level.

Always had a soft spot for that film.

Errol

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Ezzz wrote:I was quite suprised to hear Elvis mention "Tickle Me" as one of his better films ...
Two words: Jocelyn Lane. Elvis wasn't blind.

The soundtrack -- all studio cuts -- was decent, too.

DJC

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ezzz wrote:I was quite suprised to hear Elvis mention "Tickle Me" as one of his better films ...
Two words: Jocelyn Lane. Elvis wasn't blind.

The soundtrack -- all studio cuts -- was decent, too.

DJC
who is Jocelyn Lane? :lol: sorry im in a good mood!

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob »

drjohncarpenter wrote:The soundtrack -- all studio cuts -- was decent, too.
I've always thought so too. There's not one song in Tickle Me that I don't like. Also, Jocelyn Lane HAD to be the prettiest / sexiest woman to ever star in an Elvis film.

She definitely has that "come to bed, Baby" look.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Rob wrote:Also, Jocelyn Lane HAD to be the prettiest / sexiest woman to ever star in an Elvis film.
Ann-Margret's first scene in VLV might just top that ranking.

DJC

Renan

Post by Renan »

Ezzz wrote:I was quite suprised to hear Elvis mention "Tickle Me" as one of his better films, on a pure entertainment level.
I like this movie. But of course Elvis liked the movie in his way. :P

Anyway Jocelyn Lane was one of the sexiest actress that ever performed with Elvis.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Denman

Post by Denman »

Michelle Carey in Live a little, Love a little is quite hot too.

"If this suit weren't too tight."

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

TICKLE ME , one of E's favorite films?

I wonder why?

ImageImage

ImageImage

And, of course, the classic and visually-pleasing
FECC exploration of the whys and wherefores behind
FTD's decision to release the "Tickle Me' "soundtrack on FTD. :lol:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17395&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=651a4882b9f2e277734683bea0ac9cd3

:wink:

Getting back on subject, I look forward to ALL THAT I AM.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

GIRL HAPPY BOY

Post by GIRL HAPPY BOY »

Elvis did say this? wow, never heard that , interesting!
TICKLE ME is also one of my favorite\best Elvis films: The songs, its funny, EL looks great! & .....his co-star JOCELYN LANE mmm...so sexy...so hot....I wonder whats going on with her those days...anybody knows?

Tits McGhee

Post by Tits McGhee »

I've been boffing her for years - but don't tell her old man...or my old lady!

GIRL HAPPY BOY

Post by GIRL HAPPY BOY »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: