Post Here All Reviews Of Bootleg CD's/LP's etc.

Re: SHOWTIME AT THE INTERNATIONAL

Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:29 pm

BIGREDG@TISCALI.CO.UK wrote:Just finishing my first listeming of this new release CD (no label is apparent!!)

It is an audience recording of the Dinner Show 11th August 1971.

the same show was released on the SR label titled TRYING TO GET TO MEMPHIS. it comes with an 8 page booklet and offers three bonus songs (aug 10, 71, DS): jailhouse, rock, it´s over, you´ve lost that loving feeling.

all in all it´s a keeper and i dare say it was used to spin off SHOWTIME AT THE INTERNATIONAL (which might explain the missing label!!!)

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:36 pm

Interestingly Showtime was out months before Trying To Get To Memphis.

Is the sound quality the same on both??

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:24 pm

BIGREDG@TISCALI.CO.UK wrote:Interestingly Showtime was out months before Trying To Get To Memphis.

was it? i discovered them at the same time. it might as well be the other way round or just a coincident.

[quote=Is the sound quality the same on both??[/quote]

i haven´t got SHOWTIME myself but two friends of mine who have insist that MEMPHIS has the better sound.

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:27 pm

BIGREDG@TISCALI.CO.UK wrote:Interestingly Showtime was out months before Trying To Get To Memphis.

was it? i discovered them at the same time. it might as well be the other way round or just a coincident.

BIGREDG@TISCALI.CO.UK wrote:Is the sound quality the same on both??

i haven´t got SHOWTIME myself but two friends of mine who have insist that MEMPHIS has the better sound.
Last edited by allerteuerste on Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:27 pm

[quote=Is the sound quality the same on both??[/quote]

Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:38 pm

I am still waiting to receive Memphis to compare. I hear the artwork is fantastic!!

Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:07 am

BIGREDG@TISCALI.CO.UK wrote:I am still waiting to receive Memphis to compare. I hear the artwork is fantastic!!

oh, yes, the artwork (8 page booklet) is beautiful. it ceven ontains one or two pics of elvis in his cicsokid outfit i´ve never seen before.

and as you obviously own SHOWTIME as well i can´t wait to read your review comparing both relaeases.