Post Here All Reviews Of Bootleg CD's/LP's etc.

What are the WORST sounding Elvis bootleg CD's?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:38 am

I would like information on what, in your opinion, are some of the worst sounding Elvis bootleg/import CD's out there? Thanks.

Re: What are the WORST sounding Elvis bootleg CD's?

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:56 am

moodyblue66 wrote:I would like information on what, in your opinion, are some of the worst sounding Elvis bootleg/import CD's out there? Thanks.

I hope this question is not in violation of the one CD/one thread rule, I didn't know where else or how else to ask this question?? I guess maybe instead of posting to the thread send me a private message with your picks. Thanks!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:51 am

The only boot I have is 'Hot Time In Miami', actually recorded in Hollywood, Florida a little north of Miami at the Hollywood Sportatorium. One Elvis' last appearances on the '77 tour. I haven't spun it in a while, but from what I recall it sounded pretty bad.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:13 am

intheghetto wrote:The only boot I have is 'Hot Time In Miami', actually recorded in Hollywood, Florida a little north of Miami at the Hollywood Sportatorium. One Elvis' last appearances on the '77 tour. I haven't spun it in a while, but from what I recall it sounded pretty bad.

Thanks InTheGhetto, I will keep an eye out for this.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:51 am

Lost on tour the sequel is pretty bad soundwise

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:51 am

moodyblue66 wrote:I would like information on what, in your opinion, are some of the worst sounding Elvis bootleg/import CD's out there? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Hello,welcome to the forum,
The worst live bootleg i've heard is probably 'Heading for Tulsa' from July 4th 1976, Tulsa/Oklahoma 2:30 pm show. Elvis is barely audible, which is a shame because the setlist that night was good with the rare inclusion of an American trilogy for 1976.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:46 pm

There are so many bad sounding bootleg CD's out there, it would be pointless singling out just a few. If you are new to collecting it would perhaps be better to highlight the best imports available, rather than the other way around.

Below would be a great starting point.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:56 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:There are so many bad sounding bootleg CD's out there, it would be pointless singling out just a few. If you are new to collecting it would perhaps be better to highlight the best imports available, rather than the other way around.

Agreed, one of the best around ::rocks

Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:19 pm

Yes that Gravel road issue was a stunner

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Blue Rainbow was pretty bad especially the 2nd disc

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:49 pm

I can only speak for original silver CDs, but here's two of the absolute worst.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:35 am

The audience of Indy 77 is one of the worst I have heard!

This was back on the cassette days and was audience recording.

Im not sure if a better audience recording of the last show exists or not...

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:21 am

The Touchdown cd "Summertime '73" has horrible sound... its a great show, but the recording kind of ruins it.

JEFF d
EP fan

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:18 am

Audience recordings of Columbus 74, Wichita '76 and Cleveland 75 are the worst I recall hearing.

Axe

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:There are so many bad sounding bootleg CD's out there, it would be pointless singling out just a few. If you are new to collecting it would perhaps be better to highlight the best imports available, rather than the other way around.

Agreed, one of the best around ::rocks

Mmmmmm........and that cover alone it was worth getting for 8) 8)