Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Best track on "Aloha from Hawaii via Satellite" 2LP 1973

Poll ended at Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:06 pm

Burning Love
13%
Something
No votes
You Gave Me A Mountain
6%
Steamroller Blues
28%
My way
6%
It's Over
6%
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
22%
What Now My Love
16%
Welcome To My World
3%
A Big Hunk O' Love
No votes

Total votes : 32

Re: Best track on "Aloha from Hawaii via Satellite" 2LP 1973

Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 am

Matthew wrote:
thekingisalive wrote:"A Big Hunk" was represented on another one of your polls. Therefore, it's shocking that you include it here as well, instead of what may have been Elvis's best version of "Trilogy".

It's decisions like this that make people not take your polls serious.

Per

Just how seriously are people taking these polls - or any forum polls for that matter? I mean, how seriously can they be taken? Aren't they just a bit of fun?

Spot on, Matthew! But the real explaination is, that Elvis 70´s take on "A big hunk o´ love", really was re-arranged and one of the few 50´s songs he tackled seriously. "An American trilogy" was brilliant performed here, but doesn´t really differs that much from the other recorded versions from 1972. However, I will do a few poll later with missed masters like "Burning love", "It´s only love" and so on. It´s possible that I will include the single version of trilogy here.

End of the discussion!

//Björn

PS: Elvisa, Matthew & poormadpeter: Thank you all for your support! This makes me in the mood fo doing the next poll soon. I´m so glad that "Raised on rock", just has 10 tracks.... :wink: