Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Poll ended at Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Tomorrow Never Comes
6
21%
Little Cabin On The Hill
1
4%
Whole Lot-ta Shakin' Goin' On
4
14%
Funny How Time Slips Away
4
14%
I Really Don't Want To Know
8
29%
There Goes My Everything
0
No votes
The Fool
0
No votes
Faded Love
0
No votes
I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water
2
7%
Make The World Go Away
3
11%
 
Total votes : 28

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:08 am

I can't decide. The whole album flows like...well, like a proper album is supposed to. possibly Elvis' best album length statement.

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:13 pm

possibly Elvis' best album length statement.

...next to ELVIS´ GOLDEN RECORDS, ELVIS IS BACK, FROM ELVIS IN MEMPHIS, and any of those GOSPEL LPs. Still an amazing studio recording, maybe his best from the 70´s.

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:01 am

Elvis Country is my favorite studio album of Elvis'. That's right, I even prefer it over From Elvis In Memphis. Picking a best track was near impossible, but I had to go with Tomorrow Never Comes, which is an absolute tour de force of a performance. I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water is a close second.

And It's Your Baby, You Rock It should be on the list.

Damn it! (Right Rob?) :)

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:55 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Elvis Country is my favorite studio album of Elvis'. That's right, I even prefer it over From Elvis In Memphis. Picking a best track was near impossible, but I had to go with Tomorrow Never Comes, which is an absolute tour de force of a performance. I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water is a close second.

And It's Your Baby, You Rock It should be on the list.

Damn it! (Right Rob?) :)


Which one should have been removed in your opinion?

//Björn

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Well, there are a few with no votes as of yet.

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Rob wrote:Well, there are a few with no votes as of yet.


Can't believe no votes for the mighty Faded Love!
Maybe it's everyone's 2nd, 3rd or 4th favourite, or something.

Jules

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:46 pm

dreambear wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:Elvis Country is my favorite studio album of Elvis'. That's right, I even prefer it over From Elvis In Memphis. Picking a best track was near impossible, but I had to go with Tomorrow Never Comes, which is an absolute tour de force of a performance. I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water is a close second.

And It's Your Baby, You Rock It should be on the list.

Damn it! (Right Rob?) :)


Which one should have been removed in your opinion?

//Björn


None, but if you absolutely had to lose 2 tracks for the poll, then Snowbird and either Little Cabin On The Hill or There Goes My Everything wouldn't make my cut. But I wouldn't be happy about it.

Damn it!
:)

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Damn it!

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to insist that you watch your language on this board. This is a family board and Ben along with other youngsters frequent it often. Ben should not be seeing words such as the ones you are using. He also should not be visiting the Alizee thread, as he is much too young and inexperienced for that sort of thing. So, please do your part to help clean up this board and stop the profanity.

That being said, I have always loved this album. It is very difficult to make just one choice. There isn't one song here that I do not enjoy very much. I voted, but my vote is not accurate because my opinion changes daily. I certainly enjoy the songs that have been left off and do not appreciate the fact that I can't vote for them. I know we can tally them all up, but it just isn't the same as seeing the numbers.

Damn it!

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Rob wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:Damn it!

Damn it!


Rob, I'd like to point out to you that you are guilty of using the very same profane language that you were appalled at Pete using in this very thread.

I'll forgive you this once, damn it, but I do expect you to practice what you friggin preach in future.

I'd also like to say that Elvis Country is one hell of a damned fine record album.

Jules

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:21 pm

I voted for Funny How Time Slips Away. Such a wonderfully layed back version. The live versions always seemed rushed. Still hard to pick, though. Second choice probably goes to Make the World Go Away, 3rd (sorry) It's Your Baby You Rock It, 4th that rip-roarin' take on Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On...but they're ALL GOOD! I think I would choose this album over From Elvis In Memphis, too.

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:31 pm

If I had to pick a favorite track from this album, it would definitely be "Tomorrow Never Comes"....that is one powerhouse performance by Elvis!!

WOW!

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:I voted for Funny How Time Slips Away. Such a wonderfully layed back version. The live versions always seemed rushed. Still hard to pick, though. Second choice probably goes to Make the World Go Away, 3rd (sorry) It's Your Baby You Rock It, 4th that rip-roarin' take on Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On...but they're ALL GOOD! I think I would choose this album over From Elvis In Memphis, too.


I can recommend an another version of FHTSA: A 1976 soul version by Dorothy Moore. And Ferrys version is ok too.

//Björn

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:19 pm

My vote is: Tomorrow Never Comes

That song was always one of my very favorite recordings from Elvis.

And no doubt about it, Elvis Country is one of his best albums ever released.

Rich

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:23 pm

I voted for Tomorrow Never Comes.
A strong performance from Elvis on this track.

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Whole lotta shakin´ goin on was my favorite song when I was a kid!
Loved the drums and that cool slide guitar, along with Elvis voice, that´s rock´n roll to me.

The whole album is strong and it´s one of, if not, The best of all studio albums Elvis made. Elvis is back and From Elvis in Memphis are the two big contenders.

Lennart

Re: Best track on "Elvis Country" LP 1971

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:17 am

Well, the voting´s over and "I really don´t want to know" got most votes here. But outsider "Snowbird" must get a special mention here. It would probably have got five or six votes which makes it a bit complicated. Which tracks should lost those votes. One vote from "I washed my hands in muddy water" for sure.

"Tomorrow never knows" also did a strong race.

Thanks for voting!

Björn