Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Best track on "On stage" LP 1970

Poll ended at Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:54 pm

C C Rider
7%
Release me
No votes
Sweet Caroline
4%
Runaway
No votes
The wonder of you
18%
Polk salad Annie
36%
Yesterday
No votes
Proud Mary
7%
Walk a mile in my shoes
25%
Let it be me
4%

Total votes : 28

Re: Best track on "On stage" LP 1970

Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:18 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:...As for Colin, on the "Alizee" thread, he's in his best element - our genial master of ceremonies..!

Actually, I'm quite good at 'extrapolation' too !

On the 'Alizee' thread or anywhere else................................

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:15 pm

John from Woodley wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Polk Salad Annie - best Presley version, by a mile, nearly the equal of Tony Joe's 1969 hit

This Elvis version easily outstrips the TJW version by a mile.

Hmmmmm, I don't know about that. Tony Joe White's original has that jam edge to it. I hear it and picture him on a guitar stool, electric guitar in hand, foot tapping on the bar rest grooving with the band around him just immersed in the music. Elvis' live cover version from On Stage depicts an entirely different image which of course is bolstered from what we have seen from TTWII. Which one is better I don't know, they are both very close in a head to head. I'd call a split decision at this point as I am undecided.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:46 pm

Matthew wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Polk Salad Annie - best Presley version, by a mile, nearly the equal of Tony Joe's 1969 hit

This Elvis version easily outstrips the TJW version by a mile.

Hmmmmm, I don't know about that. Tony Joe White's original has that jam edge to it. I hear it and picture him on a guitar stool, electric guitar in hand, foot tapping on the bar rest grooving with the band around him just immersed in the music. Elvis' live cover version from On Stage depicts an entirely different image which of course is bolstered from what we have seen from TTWII. Which one is better I don't know, they are both very close in a head to head. I'd call a split decision at this point as I am undecided.

Well said Matthew. It is a toss-up. Tony Joe's version should not be so easily dismissed.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:23 am

Of the 3 TJW covers Elvis did, my fave is "I've Got A Thing About You, Baby."

Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Not surprisingly, "Polk salad Annie" got most votes.

Thanks for voting!

//Björn