Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Best track on "Elvis for everyone" LP 1965

Poll ended at Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:53 am

Your Cheatin' Heart
No votes
Summer Kisses, Winter Tears
No votes
Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers
No votes
In My Way
10%
Tomorrow Night
No votes
Memphis Tennessee
35%
For the Millionth and the Last Time
No votes
Santa Lucia
5%
I Met Her Today
25%
When It Rains, It Really Pours
25%

Total votes : 20

Best track on "Elvis for everyone" LP 1965

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:53 am

We´re gonna take a break from the soundtracks and take a look at "Elvis first non-soundtrack album since 1962"! A collection of left overs but what might have been a disappointment in 1965, aren´t that bad in 2007. I start with the exclusions. The first one isn´t a hard choice. "Sound advice" is really corny. But you can´t complain about Elvis´ performance. The second one is harder. I really don´t care about "For the millionth and the last time". But I will left that one because the similarities between "In my way" and "Forget me never" in style. I choose to exclude "Forget me never. Some people might think that the short track "Santa Lucia" should be excluded, but what a bravura perfomance. No way! "Summer kisses, winter tears" is a bit different and nice song. Tomorrow night with overdubs isn´t one of the best Sun tracks, but hell! It´s a sun track! "Finders keepers..." is a sing-a-long track but not a brilliant song. But brilliant is what you can call "Your cheatin´heart", "Memphis Tennessee" "I met her today" and "When it rains, it really pours" in 4 completely different styles. My choice is "Memphis..", mostly because it´s one of his stand out rockers from the mid sixties. keep the votes coming!

Have a nice day//Björn

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:32 pm

My favorite cut has always been "I Met Her Today." Elvis sings it beautifully.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:53 pm

"I Met He Today" for me also.
Always loved the melody but, only recently, really listened to it for the first time and how beautifully Elvis's singing matchs the wonderful lyrics.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:44 pm

Memphis Tennessee for me....can't stop listening to it at the moment, and only recently heard Elvis's version of it.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:26 am

In my way.

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Thanksfor reminding me about the beautiful song In My Way. Haven't listened to it for a while

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Narek wrote:Thanksfor reminding me about the beautiful song In My Way. Haven't listened to it for a while
You're welcome. It's so pure.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:01 pm

It’s almost impossible to pick, but I vote for "I Met Her Today".

Per

Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:58 pm

I voted for I Met Her Today. A beautiful ballad that suited Elvis's style.
On the Uk album it had Wild In The Country instead of Summer Kisses, Winter Tears.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:28 pm

When It Rains, It Really Pours for me. I just love that raunchy voice!

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:03 am

Pete Dube wrote:When It Rains, It Really Pours for me. I just love that raunchy voice!

Absolutely ... No doubt :!: :wink:

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:47 pm

And after a hard fight, Elvis´home town got away with it!

Thanks for voting!

//Björn

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:53 am

FOR THE MILLIONTH & THE LAST TIME ! Great great great !!!
sincerely
Lior :wink:

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:46 am

GIRL HAPPY BOY wrote:FOR THE MILLIONTH & THE LAST TIME ! Great great great !!!
sincerely
Lior :wink:

Too bad you forgot to vote when you could? It has 0 votes :shock:

//Björn