Best track on "Girls! Girls! Girls!" LP 1962

Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Best track on "Girls! Girls! Girls! LP 1962

Poll ended at Fri May 18, 2007 2:06 pm

Girls! Girls! Girls!
31%
I Don't Wanna Be Tied
No votes
Where Do You Come From
6%
I Don't Want To
No votes
We'll Be Together
No votes
Boy Like Me, A Girl Like You
6%
Return to Sender
25%
Because of Love
19%
Thanks to the Rolling Sea
13%
We're Coming in Loaded
No votes

Total votes: 16

Topic author
dreambear
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Best track on "Girls! Girls! Girls!" LP 1962

Post by dreambear »

"13 great tracks" on the album cover. Hmmm, not really. Elvis was still very, very professional in early 1962 and sang even the worst songs with great feeling (soon you would be able to hear that Elvis was uninterrested in some songs). Three has to go and here are a few I gladly kick away: "Song of the shrimp" is one of his all time low. "The walls have ears" is quite cool in the movie, but without the visuals....no. "Earth boy" is also quite irritating without visuals. I would have prefered the leftover "Plantation rock". But here is also some really good tracks like the smash ""Return to sender", the title track with it´s raunchy saxophone and some of the ballads which he really sings with care and emotion. Mostly because I´m a bit tired of the big hit, I vote on the title track instead. By the way: Elvis was incredibly slim in this movie. Was he ever slimmer in any movie?

Vote on!

Regards//Björn

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

I voted for Because Of Love. Why? Just because I love Elvis' singing.
Truth be told, the only track I don't care for on the original album is Earth Boy.

Have always liked We're Coming In Loaded because of the gospel-like feel to it.

thekingisalive

Post by thekingisalive »

There are so many great tracks on this underrated soundtrack. At least there are many amazing vocal performances here. "Earth Boy" is easily one of the best, with its mysterious East flavor. A shame that one had to go, or I might have voted for it. "We’ll Be Together" could easily have fit into Fun in Acapulco. Is Elvis singing in Italian or Spanish here? In the movie version of "Dainty Little Moonbeams" he sings a little bit in Chinese, yet this version is not to be found on the record. What a pity! "Because of Love" is outstanding. "Return to Sender" may be the best track, though. However, my vote goes to "A Boy Like Me, a Girl Like You". I’m in love with it.

Per

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

thekingisalive wrote:There are so many great tracks on this underrated soundtrack. At least there are many amazing vocal performances here. "Earth Boy" is easily one of the best, with its mysterious East flavor. A shame that one had to go, or I might have voted for it. "We’ll Be Together" could easily have fit into Fun in Acapulco. Is Elvis singing in Italian or Spanish here? In the movie version of "Dainty Little Moonbeams" he sings a little bit in Chinese, yet this version is not to be found on the record. What a pity! "Because of Love" is outstanding. "Return to Sender" may be the best track, though. However, my vote goes to "A Boy Like Me, a Girl Like You". I’m in love with it.

Per
Am I completely wrong if I say that I heard a bit of an instrumental version of "We´ll be together" in the movie "Fun in Acapulco"?

//Björn

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

shanebrown wrote:This is a difficult one for me. I think Song Of The Shrimp is under-rated. Elvis has never sounded more sincere and his performance is one of the best in the entire soundtrack. I agree that Earth Boy is awful, however. But I like The Walls Have Ears. However, I am a big fan of the a capella version of Thanks To The Rolling Sea, which is refreshingly different enough to get my vote, even though I'm voting for an alternate take of sorts!
Agree! The "silver box" version is better. Just like the version of "Shoppin´ around" there.

//Björn

Post by Guest »

I voted for Girls! Girls! Girls!.

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

The title track beats the big hit single! That´s what make those votings extra fun :)

///Björn

Mike Eder
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Mike Eder »

Plantation is one of my fave songs. I know I have been yelled at about it before but that guitar line just gets me. Elvis also sounds really different on it, very controlled but letting go at certain moments giving his voice a nice edge. It would easily be my favorite but as we know it cut. Because Of Love is poorly produced but a good song. I guess I would have to say the title track or Return for best songs.

Mike Eder

GIRL HAPPY BOY
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by GIRL HAPPY BOY »

Just like the FUN IN ACAPULCO LP this one sounds great
Elvis in terrific, clear ,pure voice !
i vote for : I DONT WANT TO... this pure track is very underrated one!
sincerely
Lior

eric c
Registered for: 2 years 9 months

Re: Best track on "Girls! Girls! Girls!" LP 1962

Post by eric c »

return to sender.

how it didnt go #1 is beyond my ability to understand or comprehend.

ELVIS ROCKS