Best track on "GL Blues" LP 1960

Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Best track on GL Blues" LP 1960

Poll ended at Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:23 pm

Tonight Is So Right For Love
18%
What's She Really Like
No votes
Frankfort Special
6%
Wooden Heart
No votes
G.I. Blues
No votes
Pocketful Of Rainbows
29%
Shoppin' Around
18%
Big Boots
No votes
Didja´ever
No votes
Doin' The Best I Can
29%

Total votes: 17

Topic author
dreambear
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Best track on "GL Blues" LP 1960

Post by dreambear »

This is not one of my favourites. Not even my favourite among the soundtracks. Sometimes I think it´s because it was the album that was released after the marvellous "Is back". And here we talk about a huge let down! One song have to go and I almost can´t decide which one of Big boots or Didja´ ever that´s the loser. I find Didja´ever a bit irritating. But "Blue suede shoes" is the track that has to go. A better version is to be found on his debut album. I have no big favourites on this album (some times I do sing a bit of "What´s she really likes in the shower :) ...), but the alternate version of "Shoppin´around" on the "silver box" is really good. So the "wrong" version of that song gets my vote.

Now, over to you folks!

Vote on!

Björn

thekingisalive

Post by thekingisalive »

I’ve never heard of the GL album, Bjørn. :P

The best track from the GI Blues album is a though call. It’s not a bad soundtrack, everything considered. Today, I’ll vote for "Shoppin’ Around". Tomorrow, it might be "Pocketful of Rainbows". Or something else, maybe even "Blue Suede Shoes", which should have been left in. "Big Boots" should have been the one to go, if for nothing else then for the poor running time.

Per

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

thekingisalive wrote:I’ve never heard of the GL album, Bjørn. :P

The best track from the GI Blues album is a though call. It’s not a bad soundtrack, everything considered. Today, I’ll vote for "Shoppin’ Around". Tomorrow, it might be "Pocketful of Rainbows". Or something else, maybe even "Blue Suede Shoes", which should have been left in. "Big Boots" should have been the one to go, if for nothing else then for the poor running time.

Per
I see your point, but the one´s that like Blue suede shoes (I voted on that song myself), had the possibility to vote on that track on the "Elvis Presley" poll. Aha...it should have been Gl instad of GL??? :wink:

//Björn

Post by Guest »

I voted for Pocketful of Rainbows. One of my favourite Elvis ballads. GI Blues is my favourite soundtrack but I did not like Blue Suede Shoes. Not so good as the 56 version.

GIRL HAPPY BOY
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by GIRL HAPPY BOY »

I also voted for : POCKETFUL OF RAINBOWS this one is my favorite & the one i hear most from the G.I. BLUES LP
sincerely
LIOR

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

I remember when I first heard this album way back in the day how
"Tonight Is So Right For Love" just reached out and grabbed me.
Moreso, than any of the other songs. Although, I enjoy a number of them.
Last edited by JerryNodak on Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Pocketful Of Rainbows got my vote.

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Cryogenic »

"Doin' The Best I Can"

Magical.

But the title track is very good, too.

Hav-A-Tampa
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by Hav-A-Tampa »

Don't care much for this album, either... How disappointed Elvis must have been to get material like this after the Elvis Is Back sessions... Voted for Doin' The Best I Can, although I find The Jordanaires a bit irritating on that song... Pocketful Of Rainbows is also very good. Would have made a great EP, this one.

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:Don't care much for this album, either... How disappointed Elvis must have been to get material like this after the Elvis Is Back sessions... Voted for Doin' The Best I Can, although I find The Jordanaires a bit irritating on that song... Pocketful Of Rainbows is also very good. Would have made a great EP, this one.
Spot on! I think we often have the same opinion. We will be known as the "Swedes that stick together"! :D

//Björn

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

And here are the results. Equal between Doin´the best I can and Pocketful of rainbows. I voted on Shoppin´around, but of these two I dig Pocketful... a bit more.

Regards//Björn

Post by Guest »

G I Blues was the best album and a No 1 in 1960 in the UK. How can it be a bad album?

Topic author
dreambear

Post by dreambear »

Suspicious Minds wrote:G I Blues was the best album and a No 1 in 1960 in the UK. How can it be a bad album?
Being no 1 and quality is not the same thing. If you still think so, you better rush and buy this weeks no 1 : Timbaland Featuring Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake
"Give It To Me" :wink:

I don´t think anybaody said it was a bad album, but a let down after "Is back" and a disappointment.

//Björn

eric c
Registered for: 2 years 9 months

Re: Best track on "GL Blues" LP 1960

Post by eric c »

the title track.

one of his very best soundtrack albums.
charted for 111 weeks.
helluva testament to our man's work in the studio.
he may not have liked some of the songs...but his voice runs sweet and smooth thru out...beginning to end.

ELVIS ROCKS