Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Best track on "Elvis christmas album" LP 1957

Poll ended at Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:50 pm

Santa Claus Is Back In Town
60%
White Christmas
4%
Here Comes Santa Claus
4%
I`ll Be Home For Christmas
4%
Blue Christmas
12%
Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)
4%
O` Little Town Of Bethlehem
8%
Silent Night
No votes
(There`ll Be) Peace In The Valley
4%

Total votes : 25

Best track on "Elvis´christmas album" LP 1957

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:50 pm

In spite of the time of the year, we move on with Elvis´first and probably most famous christmas album of the ones he recorded. This time, I remove two of the religious songs, "I believe" and "It is no secret". Mostly because they´re not that much christmas. I also prefer the other two gospels songs.

But my absolute favourite on this record is "Santa Claus is back in town", that´s kicking ass in an unbelievable way :D ,so no problems for me this time!

By the way, aren´t the background singing in Blue Christmas totally crazy? :shock:

Vote on!

Regards//Björn

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:12 am

Has to be Blue Christmas.

While he didn't originate the song his version made it so popular that it has been covered by a multitude of artists.

A true Elvis classic

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:55 am

It's a split between both "Blue Christmas" and "Santa Claus is Back in Town".

I like the backing vocals on "Blue Christmas". They are a stroke of genius in that they bring lightness to a record that would otherwise be almost too bleak to bear.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:42 am

Great choices guys, I went with I'll Be Home For Christmas!

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:55 pm

Holy sh*t!

I missed "Take my hand. precious Lord" as alternative number ten. Must have done something wrong when I did this poll :evil: It´s just 9 alternatives!

I´m sorry about this!

//Björn

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:21 pm

My fave has always been "Here Comes Santa Claus".

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:45 pm

The truth is, that I don´t own this LP. I was born in 1968, so I grew up with the international release from 1970, which have "If every day was like christmas" and "Mama liked the roses", instead of "It is no secret" and "I believe". So that´s MY "Elvis christmas album". Nice christmas feeling, something that´s sort of missing on the 1971 christmas album.

//Björn

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:08 pm

But my absolute favourite on this record is "Santa Claus is back in town", that´s kicking ass in an unbelievable way Very Happy ,so no problems for me this time!

This is the one for me too! Great and firy blues song!

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:51 pm

This is the first time where we clearly have a big favourite song on an album. Well, the voting ain´t over yet so still things can change.

//Björn

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:10 pm

My vote goes to "Santa Claus Is Back in Town". Even my Elvis hating friends love that song, and that says a lot. Friends of mine impartial to Elvis also love that song. It is rivalled only by "Merry Christmas Baby" (in terms of Christmas songs).

Per

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:44 am

O` Little Town Of Bethlehem got my vote.

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:22 pm

Santa Claus Is Back in Town! What a winner!!!

//bJÖRN

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:03 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Has to be Blue Christmas.

While he didn't originate the song his version made it so popular that it has been covered by a multitude of artists.

A true Elvis classic
Yep.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:52 am

I prefer his CS rendition of "Blue Christmas" in 68 to the studio master.

It HAS to be "Santa Claus Is Back In Town"!

Listen to how damn SEXUAL that thing is. It's an amazing recording. It's just charged with energy at every level.

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Cryogenic wrote:I prefer his CS rendition of "Blue Christmas" in 68 to the studio master.

It HAS to be "Santa Claus Is Back In Town"!

Listen to how damn SEXUAL that thing is. It's an amazing recording. It's just charged with energy at every level.

Sure, it´s a great rocker, and I really like it...But IMO it´s not a "Christmas" song...If you know what I mean.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:23 am

Blue Christmas gets my vote..........